FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:29 pm

CarverFest Cabin Mapping ( Google Earth/Maps ) ** UPDATE **

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:05 am

CarverFest Cabin Mapping ( Google Earth/Maps ) ** UPDATE **

Here is a direct link that will make CarverFest the DESTINATION, all you have to do is fill in your Departure address
Google CarverFest Directions

This link is a compiled Google Earth mapping of the CarverFest cabin locations.
http://www.carveraudio.com/CarverFest/CarverFest.kmz

If you already have Google Earth, just download the file, unzip it, and the map should import directly into Google Earth for you.

If you do not have Google Earth, here is the link to the free download.
http://earth.google.com/

ENJOY!

Here is travel information from the somewhat local airports

Asheville, NC (AVL) LINK

Charlotte, NC (CLT)LINK

Atlanta, GA (ATL)LINK

Knoxville, TN (TYS)LINK

The closest airport is Asheville, NC (airport code AVL) LINK, which is about 70 miles from Bryson City.
Asheville is a very small and easy airport to travel through, and is serviced by the following airlines: USAir, Delta, United, Northwest. However, because Asheville is not a major hub for any airline, it may be difficult to find a direct flight from your departure city.

If you fly USAir or Delta, you will likely connect in Charlotte, NC (CLT)LINK or Atlanta, GA (ATL)LINK, respectively. By the time you layover in one of these cities, fly to Asheville, and then drive the final 70 miles, it might be quicker to just end your air travel in either Charlotte or Atlanta and drive the rest of the way (about 3 hours from either airport). Rental car variety and bargains may be greater in these major cities as well.

A secondary city to consider is Knoxville, TN (TYS)LINK, but don't be fooled by the apparent close proximity. Knoxville is through the Smokies and the drive is slow, difficult and unpredictable depending on time of day and season.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:02 pm

Re: CarverFest Cabin Mapping ( Google Earth )

OK folks, the cabins are filling up quicker than any other year we have held this event. You see the amount of available cabins, right? Well just so you know, we have already rented these cabins......

WS's 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 are already rented...

Book your cabin ASAP because as soon as the cabins run out, the next set of cabins are anywhere from 5 to 7 or more miles out away from the 'fest.

WS5 and 3 of the Treehouses are the only ones available right now. [only 3 Treehouses that house two folks max. per unit - NO STEREOS in any of the Treehouses] :wink:

That said, check the dates of some of the cabins that are rented. Some of the folks will not be staying the entire time. If you can only make it for a couple of days, check out the availability of renting one of these cabins during the time not already rented.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:12 pm

Dammit, Tom! CALL ME! I've been trying to book WS 9 since yesterday~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:15 pm

Yeah, yeah, yeah.....gimme a second here. I'm still updating.....
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:18 pm

Wow! Cabins are filling up fast this year. It is looking like it will be a great CF this year! =D>
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:24 pm

No doubt. Usually I'm busy two months before the event, not in freakin' February! #-o

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:28 pm

Just an FYI, not shown on the map is a new road that can help us get the gear up there safely. It is to the left of Needmore Road if you are at the bottom of the hill looking up. I don't know if it's a "one way" road or not but since we basically have rented almost the entire mountain, I don't foresee any issues there. It has rocks laid down already and the incline is nowhere near what the first gravel/dirt hill off Needmore Road is.

If you are headed west on 74, it will be the first left just before you would normally turn onto Needmore. It's about a quarter mile or so up the hill on 74 if you are leaving the cabins and heading toward Bryson City.

If we are not supposed to go up that road? Um.....yeah.....well, you didn't hear this from me..... :-"

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:11 am

Here is a link to Google Maps updated photo of the mountain:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 7&t=h&z=17

You can see the gray line off the the top right, must be the new road you are talking about.
Attachments
carverfest-2010.jpg
carverfest-2010.jpg (639.45 KiB) Viewed 1736 times
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:52 pm

Re: CarverFest Cabin Mapping ( Google Earth/Maps ) ** UPDATE

Yeah, that's the one. If you look at the way the treetops look like they kinda curve around toward the Treehouses, that's where it leads too. IIRC, it goes smack dab between the Treehouses and WS5. If someone doesn't know what I'm talking about, refer to the top map and you'll get a better idea. Basically, it lands you straight into the heart of Carverfest with MUCH better road conditions. I, for one, know damn sure that's the route I will be taking on the way up this year.

<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:10 pm

Any update on the new road? Unless I hear otherwise I plan to use it,, gotta be better than the one off Needmore.Last time,I came in and just popped to the left and took the short route to WS 1,,fortunately did not encounter anyone (cause technically I was going in the wrong direction) 8-[
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:27 pm

George, no real update besides what we already know. Just check out the map above and get familiarized with it. When I was there for my birthday celebrations, the road was built, intact and accessible. As far as I know, since April of this year, nobody has been back there for an update. FYI, when I was there, I saw no sign that said that there was any road direction on the new road......we'll see when we get there, I guess.

Seeing as we have all cabins rented but 3 of the Treehouses and WS5? I don't think there will be an issue. We pretty much own the mountaintop for most of the event. I'll be talking with the offices Tuesday and if I find out any more juice, I'll pass it on.

Zoot Horn wrote:......(cause technically I was going in the wrong direction) 8-[
That's been the case since the 1st CF....

<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:56 pm

Thanks Tom-- I'll keep an eye out for it,, reason I asked,,Janice is driving,,,nuff said. [-o<
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:55 pm

Zoot Horn wrote:Any update on the new road?
Yes, I called them today and asked if this road was available for use and she said yes. There will be no gate, lock or passcode to get in. Use it at will. Those who can't make it up the Needmore Road entrance or have had issues in the past using that entrance might want to take a close look at this map to get familiarized with where it is at. This road is a walk in the park compared to the extremely steep Needmore Road entrance.

<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:39 pm

Excellent
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:54 am

What is the GPS input address for the cabins
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
Next

Return to CARVERFEST 2010