FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:37 pm

A Carverfest virgin perspective.

<<

bsturgeon89

TFM-55

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:56 pm

A Carverfest virgin perspective.

For those of you who are on the fence about attending a fest, I thought I would share my perspective.

First off, I am no means a social butterfly. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy hanging out with people but it takes me few to warm up to people I really don't know. Let's just say, I'm the opposite of FrankieD.. :lol:

Being a first-timer, I kind of wanted to get a feel of everyone's online persona and face-to-face persona. They can be different. My welcoming committee was Alex and Roy and they helped me unload the heavy stuff. Roy is probably the most nicest guy you would ever meet and goes far and beyond his call of duty. So nice in fact, that it is a good thing he is married cuz women of today want a BAD BOY... :lol:

Although I was alittle shy at first, I never felt like or was made to feel like an outsider. Everyone there was so nice and helpful when needed.

The cabins and the environment was ideal IMO. Every cabin had it's own unique quality. Being able to go around and listen to some different systems was nice. As stated, there were definitely some really nice systems around and no lack of equipment. It was my first time hearing tubes and I was impressed to say the least.

I couldn't have asked for a better roomie for my first-time than FrankieD. We bonded...so much in fact that I slept with my door locked at night :lol:

I guess and hope you get my drift. I'm all ready looking forward to next year. In a nutshell, if you have any reservations or hesitations, just drop them by the wayside. It is beautiful country, the people were great, and lets not forget about the food.

later

Brock
Carverfest 2010 quote...I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

GO BUCKEYES
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:36 pm

Re: A Carverfest virgin perspective.

x2. i had an idea of what to expect, but in the end, i was overwhelded by how brother like the entire experience was. we are more alike than different i tell you. it was like i knew dave and james most of my adult life. robert, mike, roy, ray, tom, eddie - shit- everyone there was fantastic and we even had the nutty uncle guy figure named frankie, what a character. with that the added bonus was that bob was just like us, one of the guys. beyond cool, and without equal. i really am counting the days until the next one.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:34 am

Thanks for the review! For the ones like myself who didn't make it reading reviews means a lot. Sorry you had to lock your door Brock, Frankie now scares me :lol: and I now wonder if he wasn't the one who picked up the Crazy drunk bitch? Maybe that is why you had to lock your door? :lol: Just kidding > Thanks again! Maybe more people will ring in with their perspective.
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:07 am

I couldn't have asked for a better roomie for my first-time than FrankieD.
...Frankie POPS another cherry!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:14 am

Bump for anyone on the fence~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:17 am

On the fence don't you mean someone stuck on the fence! LOL!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:31 am

It's is a great time with great people. My 1 true vacation. Sit back relax and listen to great systems. No place to go but to another cabin and listen to another great system.

S *5* W *5* E *5* E *5* T
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:58 am

angelod307 wrote:... we even had the nutty uncle guy figure named frankie, what a character.
Hehe, "Uncle Frankie".

=D>
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:24 pm

Re:

treitz3 wrote:
angelod307 wrote:... we even had the nutty uncle guy figure named frankie, what a character.
Hehe, "Uncle Frankie".

=D>

As long as he does not ask me to come sit on "Uncle Frankie's" lap.......we will get along fine. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:00 pm

engtaz wrote:It's is a great time with great people. My 1 true vacation. Sit back relax and listen to great systems. No place to go but to another cabin and listen to another great system.

S *5* W *5* E *5* E *5* T

You and Dave seem to be the only ones stirring when I wake up in the mornings,,can't wait to share some coffe with ya'll.Hard to believe that another year has gone by.

Return to CARVERFEST 2010