Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:26 pm

Re: Bob needs your prayers, support...

GO BOB - sorry to hear you are in a patch of hard luck
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:42 pm

hope you feel better and hope you have plenty of pritty nurses around!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:00 am

I know what he's going thru, I've been down with a fucked up disc for the last 10 days. No fun!

Wish ya a speedy recovery.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:41 am

Is he hospitalized?
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:35 am

No, he is not hospitalized, but he has been making regular trips to doctors. At this point, he is on the mend, but it will be a slow healing process.
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

basspig

TFM-6cb

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:57 am

Ouch. I know how that kind of back injury can be 100% debilitating. When I was rear-ended in 2007, there were some weeks after the crash where I could not roll over in bed due to painful muscle spasms from injured muscles. I'm almost 100% recovered now, but I still can get into a position where a damaged muscle gets triggered into a cramp. Bob is certainly in no pleasant situation now.
I wish Bob the best in medical care and the fullest possible recovery. Physical therapy may help. I went to a chiropractor for six months after the incident and it helped immensely.
Get well soon, Bob!
Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss
http://www.basspig.com The Bass Pig's Lair - 16,500 watts of driving surround sound!

Business sites at:
http://www.ampexperts.com
http://www.mwhdvideo.com
-
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:40 pm

Just spoke to the man. He thanks everyone for the prayers and support. He has been seeing a chiropractor on a daily basis, but says he is not getting much relief at this point. Looks like surgery is becoming the prefered option unless things improve over the next week or two. Keep the love coming guys...

John
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

beemers417

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:46 pm

GET WELL BOB!!!
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...
<<

austinstephens

Post Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:07 am

Sorry to hear this :( ...Get well soon Bob!!!
"Despite all the amputations, she could dance to a rock and roll station, and it was all right"....Lou Reed
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:15 pm

FINALLY !!!!!

Now his girlfriend has a reason to pull out the nurse outfit !!! =D> =D> =D>

OH WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's probably how he screwed up his back in the 1st place !!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Magic_Physicist

TFM-6cb

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:52 am

Surgery when you have back/disc problems rarely does any good so I hope Bob just gives it time.

I have had the same type of problems since 1981 and a couple of times I was in the hospital for a while and after all these years with bulging discs 1-5 and the ones in my neck I found that just taking it easy for as much as 2 weeks (and now days with my vicodin friends the doc lets me have) I always come back to normal.

I also have the typical pinched nerve that makes my left leg numb from the knee down for the last 10 years.

I know LOTS of surgeons these days because of several problems and I guess I just wore my body out playing basketball and weightlifting for 25 years and wanting to play for the Lakers (I was pretty good back them)

Of course I got to meet many guys over these years who tried back surgery and only ONE has said it helped.

I had the problem again this summer because I am a concrete mixing junkie around my place and just from sitting on the ground a couple hours I couldn't get back up and it feeled like I had a sword in my back for 2 weeks and I had to lay flat all day until it finally got back to normal and once again I try to be careful.

So Bob give that a try before you think about taking the knife!

Or try this like I did with my wife back in 1987 when I named her "Night Nurse" 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6oYyG0KcvQ

(hmmm...embed won't work)

Take care Bob Image

<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:19 pm

Some good news....

The Docs are not seeing anything too serious in the MRI's they have run, so the plan of action is to let nature take it's course, aided be some cortisone injections and see what happens....
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:47 pm

very nice. i will have to give him a call and wish him well......
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:13 am

Glad to hear that last report! Hope Mr. Carver will heal up in short time. Please keep us posted on his progress.
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
PreviousNext

Return to Bob Carver, the Myth, the Legend