lots of stuff..... 8) :D
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:15 am

Re: my carver system that started in 1992

mbskeam wrote:wanna race?..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lots of stuff..... 8) :D

oh yeah. i will see your 75 and raise you two crown xls802's. now to get some connectors to see what a cheap crown amp sounds like. what are you using for a preamp? oh, never mind. i see that you use a ct27.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:19 am

i have a tube cd player that is not working. gonna see what is up this weekend. also have a carver ct something dolby preamp. will have to check into that as well. sold this stuff to a friend back in 1992, and it has been collecting dust for years now.
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:11 am

here is a set of the latest setup.

<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:22 am

Schweeeeeeeeeeeeet setup.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:00 am

FIVE AL-IIIs??? Cool~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:12 pm

TNRabbit wrote:FIVE AL-IIIs??? Cool~

six. but who's counting.....
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:04 pm

<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:10 pm

so, i have been listening to the latest setup. i can hear the differences in some of the cables i have. and i must say i like the ruby's the most. i also did some apple lossless via sqeezebox vs. jolida cd player, and the cd wins hands down. the magic essence of the recordings are lost in the sqeezebox player. that guy who posted way back about the digital playback was equal to a high end player is really missing out on what makes this stuff so much fun to listen to.
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:54 pm

angelod307 wrote:so, i have been listening to the latest setup. i can hear the differences in some of the cables i have. and i must say i like the ruby's the most. i also did some apple lossless via sqeezebox vs. jolida cd player, and the cd wins hands down. the magic essence of the recordings are lost in the sqeezebox player. that guy who posted way back about the digital playback was equal to a high end player is really missing out on what makes this stuff so much fun to listen to.

Wireless music has been improving for years. I have a few of the first attempts in a box somewhere. They were OK, and now it seems that almost every week a new one is out. I suspect that like the squeezebox, they are all very good, but not yet ready for prime time. Still, it seems that since the wireless is just transmitting a digital signal, (not music) all should be good.

All the paid reviewers go ape over them, but so far, I will stick to a copper wire. I suspect that for party music at your pool or someplace - good deal -- not so much in your arm chair.

I believe your post is more about CD's vs computer, and of course a CD player is just a computer. That debate hangs on what equipment do you have, and how do you have it set up.
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:55 am

tell you guys what, this internet radio on the sqeezebox kicks total ass. i love it. rush limbaugh with no static what so ever, and even repeats thoughout the day and night. had i known, i would have been first in line to buy it. also the international links kick much butt as well. greek radio, who would have funked it with out a shortwave set.
<<

tinpan

TFM-45

Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:51 am

The glass shelves look great. That is one hell of a set up. I have always wanted to display a rack of Carver amps like that but never seemed to make it happen.

I have a vertical Phase Linear 400 and pre-amp that would look great in the right side of your rack :lol:

Just curious what DAC's you and OO are using. I noticed a huge difference when I added a Cambridge Audio Magic Dac vs the analog outputs on the Apple TV. Then I upgraded the Cambridge to an Eastern Electric DAC and it had a different sound, which I liked. Now I am using the AN DAC and am pretty settled on that config.

One thing I did do though, is recently I down loaded a copy of Pure Music. It has a 15 day trial period. I have noticed a big difference using that instead of iTunes to play my music. I thought iTunes was wonderful until I tried PM

I have no troubles with imaging and projection when playing digital music. i wonder why you are seeing a difference? :-k

Just something to maybe try.

I think OO has a Benchmark DAC, come to think of it,
Tinpan

HT - Sunfire TG IV, Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig. 400 x 5, Oppo 93, Klipsch LaScala (3), Cornwalls (2), SW-12, Sony 60" LCD

2 channel - AN L2 Pre-amp, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN 2.1 DAC, DUAL CS 5000 TT, Oppo DV-981HD, Lowther PM4a/Azurahorn/SentryIV

2 channel - AN L3 Signature Line stage, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN Sig. DAC 3.1 , AN Sig. Phono Stage, Sota Comet TT, Altec A5's

2 channel - Carver VTA20 Baby Black Beauty, Custom Line Stage, Klipschorns

2 channel - AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, Carver C-5 Pre, Altec A4 speakers

2 channel - Audio Note Kit 1 300b SET, Audio Note DAC 2.1, Altec 288 Horns/JBL Bass bin
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:32 am

Well, I guess you ended up liking the Jolida. I see you have two of them now. What is the silver faceplate one? I do not recognize it.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:44 pm

"A high res digital file properly streamed from a PC to a high grade DAC can beat the sound coming from most CD players any day of the week. Most CD players have poor to almost nonexistent buffering, which leads to all sorts of problems including jitter distortion. You have to pay a ton of money to get extreme quality from a CD player. That same type of quality can be done with a PC + external DAC for much less cash."
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:07 am

treitz3 wrote:Well, I guess you ended up liking the Jolida. I see you have two of them now. What is the silver faceplate one? I do not recognize it.

why yes i did. 3 players in total. the silver one is a 700mkII dvd player with a tube section 2 channel output. i have replaced the tubes in both cd players and they sound even better. i am contemplating a three way speaker with a carver 60" ribbon, 60" magnapan ribbon, with 4-6.5" mid woofers with a 15" passive radiator per speaker. using a active crossover and dual 30 band eq's.
PreviousNext

Return to List / Update Your System