It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:02 pm

CARVERfest 07' (( The Beginning ))

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:03 pm

CARVERfest 07' (( The Beginning ))

This post/thread is outdated, but original.

The First "Official" Carverfest..Sept 14th, 15th!!
Carverfest, Here we come!!!

On Sept. 14th, 15th and 16th we have reserved three cabins for hosting Carverfest. Location will be on the NC / Tenn. border.
http://www.watershedcabins.com/2_bedroom_cabins.phtml
http://www.watershedcabins.com/driving/DDWS.pdf

This is a come one, come all event and if we run out of room, or if some folks desire a cabin all to themselves (or families)....your wishes can be accommodated within the 20 or 30 other cabins available.

The three cabins are Watershed 10, 11 and 12. They are all located within one or two football feild lengths of each other, and all of them are perched on a "V" shaped cliff [sorta-kinda] Watershed 11 is at the point of the "V", and Watershed 10 and 12 are the "wingmen", if you will. All cabins have great views of the mountains. FYI, only Watershed’s 10, 11 and 12 have been reserved for Carverfest, so act quick for choice cabins! The rest are not “heldâ€
Last edited by treitz3 on Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:13 pm, edited 8 times in total.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:10 pm

I'm in.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:52 pm

I try if the Maddmaxxxer will. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
<<

thall

TFM-35

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:23 pm

I could probably talk the wife into a Smokey Mtn vacation.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:42 pm

Maddmaxxx is SoooooooooooooO in!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Bill

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:05 pm

That depends on when it is, as I am transitioning form the army in June and $$ may be a little tight if I don't get the job I am gunning for. It would be sooooooooooooooooooooooo cool to meet all of you and get to see some of the gear in person that I have only seen pictures of. I met George about four days ago and saw my first pair of AR9s and Amazing Plats, and both of them are now something I will strive to own. Man, those those were just awesome. I hope that I will be fortunate enough to find a set of plats in the same condition as his.
You can't fix stupid.
George wrote:In certain configurations you need a permission slip from your Mom to bridge amps.
<<

garcianc

TFM-35

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:45 am

Sounds cool. Great idea treitz3!
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:25 am

I think I could swing that, depending on the exact date... By next spring, I'll be in grad school full-time, so my free time might be a lot tighter than it is these days...

--Richard
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:58 am

-I'LL GO IF_ _ _ _ GOES

-mr.bill ; i'm glad you 'caught-up' w/'G1'......if more people were in your boots ,'silver' and 'plats' would'nt be flooding the market!....[have'nt heard ar9's in 20yrs.],what an experience , to meet G1 and listen!=classy......i think this 'carverfest' depends on 1] getting plats or silvers....2] different musical tastes[can't ever listen to 'biker-music' again and most 'new'rock].....sir treitz3 is gonna bring it up w/the maddhouemouse this weekend......G1;i'll bring any 'mahavishnu-orchestra','flim& the bb's'you care to hear .......we ALL have obligations[me, a new,plush,36'by42'well lighted building/teaching facility+selling a 2nd house],and i'm sure, all of you have 'stuff' going-on.[someone getting married,divorced or deaded etc.,etc.].....this would be a 1st of many.....keep us in the loop[weekly],T-REX,i like the location........./MX
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:53 pm

I would think it would be great to meet all of you I'm in! WOuld be a nice idea if we set a date and send Bob Carver an invite, maybe he would get a kick out of coming too!

I hear the Polk guys are haveing one in NJ this year would be great to stop by and see some of them too! Maybe one of them could post when and where it is? Eddie!
Last edited by Eddie on Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:56 pm

Weekly updates will be in order......!!!

maddmaxxx wrote:i think this 'carverfest' depends on 1] getting plats or silvers....2]

That should be mandatory. If we need to move the location in order to have these bad boy's at Carverfest, then so be it!

maddmaxxx wrote:.....this would be a 1st of many.....

YYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH BAABBBYYYY!\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

I have an enclosed trailer w/ good suspension, so I will be willing to bring my entire rig, including the Rega Apollo and every damn SACD I have! Dreamer just got an Oppo, and maybe, just maybe we can get F1 to bring his "hot rod Jolida"[If his travel plans aren't already tied up for the times mentioned.]

Which brings me to this...... It will be before May of next year and Later than July of this year. Do you guy's's think we should start a poll of when would be the optimal time to plan such an event, or just say it is these dates and that's that? I would like as many members to be there as possible.

You think maybe we could get Dave to come???? That would be "Kuul"

Also, this would be a GREAT opportunity to answer alot of questions as to the highest regaurded Carver amplifiers. I will have the M1.5t and the M-500t with me.......................
:-s :-k

<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:45 pm

Can I just bring a box of goodies ? You know what I meen ?
Take a poll.
What about Bob ?
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:06 pm

Boy oh Boy......

Mr. M-500t wrote:What about Bob ?

That would be the coolest ever. I'm still trying to get him to just appear on this website. That's hard enough.

<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:10 am

Tom, are you proposing to hold this at an location other than someone's house?
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:26 am

Yessiree! Take a look!

http://www.watershedcabins.com/2_bedroom_cabins.phtml

This is right near the NC/Tenn. border, whitewater rafting 8 miles away in fridged water, the largest model RR is 15 miles away and hot tubs, fireplaces, big stainless steel grills with plenty of propane, cast iron cookware, beds and sleeping arrangements galore.....the only drawback is that some cabins actually come with pool tables and foosball tables. The added plus is that most all of the accomodations have a Bose stereo system! :lol:

Next

Return to CARVERFEST 07'