FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:10 pm

Wanting to go all-Carver, willing to make Bob Barker deals!

<<

cmk59

Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:14 pm

Wanting to go all-Carver, willing to make Bob Barker deals!

I've been working this for awhile now, but my health isn't getting any better. I've got ads in the OKC Craigslist, but it's doing me precious little good, so I'll try here again. (Heck, it's gotten me one -to be repaired- amp and a nice CT-27V, so maybe I can get the amps I want this time, eh?)

Anyway, my entreaty:

I have a LOT of 'old school' audio equipment and other stuff for sale or trade. I am also looking for a couple of specific pieces of audio equipment, and I'm willing to make combinations of what I've listed below to get what I want...it will work out in your favor, I promise you! I'm also getting out of the 'old school audio' business, so I'm trying to 'pare down' what I've got for sake of storage space. My loss could be huge gains for both of us!!!

What I have to offer is:

*MINT Akai SS-110 stereo speakers (primarily for RTR players, etc) - Vintage 1960's .

*Two Pioneer HPM-100 speakers (rough, no woofer in one..they work, otherwise) Whilst they may be rough in appearance, these are designer Bart Locanthi's 'upgrade' to the JBL 100 series which he also designed!

*Kenwood Basic M-1 Power Amp ... DLD Drive, 100 wpc @ 8 ohms

*Pair KLH Model 17 Speakers (Near Mint!)

*Pair of large MCS 3-way speakers, no grilles- sound GREAT.

*Marantz SD800 Cassette Deck (VERY Good Condition)

*Pioneer CT-1080 Cassette Deck. Late '80s vintage est. Mint/perfect operation. Dolby B/C-Metal

*Pioneer QL600 QUADRAPHONIC AMP. One of Pioneer's entries into early "Quad Audio", it is a 27w.p.c.X4 add-on amp to make your living room a 4-channel unit (when paired with an appropriate pre-amp). It may otherwise be used as a "poor man's surround sound" simply by hooking it up to your pre-amp alongside the main power amp.

*Pioneer SX-680 Reciever. Silver Face. Excellent condition. 65wpc. EXCELLENT sounding receiver. Speaker protection circuit needs replacement, but otherwise is OK.

*Sony 5.1 surround sound receiver w/5 small satellite speakers. Works great, no manual tho. VGC

*Pair of The Fisher (vintage) XP-9 speakers. Cabinets a bit rough, but still great looking and sounding, solid 1960's "tube era" high-end speakers.

*Numerous pieces of Pioneer Silver Series processors and reverbs I will trade RG-7/RG-9, RG9800 EQ, etc. Most work well, some untested.

* Good working DeVilbiss CPAP machine. Great condition - I was upgraded to a better machine and don't need this one anymore.

*Full Canon A-1 pro-caliber 35mm camera rig w/4 lenses - 3 tele-zooms & std. 50mm 1.8 lens - flash, filters, off-camera light meter, filters, and fully serviced...comes in a LARGE Pelican hard-case.

ALSO, something I had forgotten to mention to several other forum members I've PM'ed is that I have a mint Onkyo M504 (no box) I'll happily trade as well...and/or IF you have a pair/trio of the Carver amps I want, I could be persuaded to part with my MacIntosh MC2205 (though it does not have its original faceplate - but I made one up with Photoshop and Plexiglass).

What I want is:

* pair/trio of any of the following Carver amps: M500/500t, M400/400t (any finish ok, one of each would rock, just for the design aesthetic!), or TFM 25 or higher amps. Why? I'm replacing my huge Pioneer Silver setup in the house with all-Carver stuff, as 1,000 s.f. is just too small for my wife, me, pets and the audio gear.

* I'm also looking for a good, operable Dynaco ST-80 SS amp to pair with the one I already have...this one's for my office.

Thanks in advance for your consideration, and I hope to hear from folks soon!

Chuck
cmk59@yahoo.com
Norman, OK
1. He who does not remember the past is condemned to repeat it. -Santyanna
2. He who does not read & research is repeating the mistakes of the past. - Me
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Re: Wanting to go all-Carver, willing to make Bob Barker dea

Welcome!! \:D/ Good luck with your new system(s) and the sales of your old gear. 8)
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
Klipsch KW-120 (2)
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:33 pm

Welcome and good luck squeezing any Carver gear out of these guys!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

cmk59

Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:03 pm

kingman wrote:Welcome and good luck squeezing any Carver gear out of these guys!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeeeeeeaaaaahh, so I've noticed. If I could get rid of what I've got, I'd be happy to go on a Carver buying spree, but that didn't work either. All I can do is keep trying, I guess...
<<

kingman

Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:11 pm

BTW...great KOOL avatar!!!
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:27 pm

Welcome
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:57 pm

you might have some luck selling here.....

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/search ... id=9448013

these guys are really into the jap stuff.....
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

cmk59

Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:21 am

kingman wrote:BTW...great KOOL avatar!!!

Why thank ya....thank ya so much!

BTW, Just wanted to add to the above that I scored a pretty nice TFM-6CB (little rack rash on the top; mint faceplate) I'd be happy to part with in my search for the M400's I seek. Yes, I've decided to concentrate ONLY on trading for a set of 4-5 M400's / 400t's, all working, and again, hopefully I'd be able to score at least one of the chrome and white models in addition to the 'standard' Titanium models.

It's also been brought to my attention I've not been as clear as I might need to be. Thanks to some of you fellow Carverphiles, I now own a CT-27V, a C-1, C-9 and a (currently inoperative) M400t that's going in for refurb, in addition to the TFM. All I need are a brace of the M400's (and way down the line, Carver CD and cassette decks, just for collecting's sake) to get up and running like I'd like.

Since I'm unable to work and my V.A. pension is, well, about as much as a well-used M400 would set me back, I'm trying to go the trade route...so for any of you who see my efforts as 'too much' or feel the need to ridicule, I do actually and sincerely apologize for offending your sensibilities...my pension just doesn't allow for big or frequent audio expenditures any more, so I keep working this angle.

Thanks again!!!

Chuckster
Last edited by cmk59 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:33 am

The last I knew, Bob made his schtick giving away NEW CARS! If you toss in a free car or two, I think you may get a better response. You may even get the drunk crazy bitch from the last Carverfest to hump your leg. 8-[ :lol: :lol: :D
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:52 am

I have a really nice CT-28V for sale.....only used for about a month awaiting my CT-29V......pm me for details and pics.....
CARVER CT-29V, CARVER TFM-45 (Rita-furbished) ,CARVER SD/A 490t, LINN Keilidh speakers, PS Audio I/C's, PS Audio Statement & Plus Speaker Cables, APC Line-R 600 conditioner, Vibra-Cones
<<

cmk59

Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:29 am

nooshinjohn wrote:The last I knew, Bob made his schtick giving away NEW CARS! If you toss in a free car or two, I think you may get a better response. You may even get the drunk crazy bitch from the last Carverfest to hump your leg. 8-[ :lol: :lol: :D

...Do you have to work to be such a prick, or does it just come naturally? Such class!
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:01 pm

cmk59 wrote:
nooshinjohn wrote:The last I knew, Bob made his schtick giving away NEW CARS! If you toss in a free car or two, I think you may get a better response. You may even get the drunk crazy bitch from the last Carverfest to hump your leg. 8-[ :lol: :lol: :D

...Do you have to work to be such a prick, or does it just come naturally? Such class!

It was meant as a joke bro. I forgot that you were not a regular here and may not know about the DCB from the last 'Fest. There are a few threads here that discuss her. PM me if you like, as I have a SD/a-490t CD player for sale as well.

John

Good luck with the sale! 8)
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

cmk59

Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:46 pm

nooshinjohn wrote:
cmk59 wrote:

It was meant as a joke bro. I forgot that you were not a regular here and may not know about the DCB from the last 'Fest. There are a few threads here that discuss her. PM me if you like, as I have a SD/a-490t CD player for sale as well.

John

Good luck with the sale! 8)

My bad, and again my apologies, John. I hope one day to be able to leave the house and go to a 'Fest, maybe meet The Man himself...Maybe when the VA comes through for better transportation assistance (my wheelchair needs a lift to be mobile, and they won't put one on my ole '68 Impala) or I can find a better way 'round, the wife and I can do that. I'd love the CD deck, but I've got to try and concentrate on getting at least a pair of working amps first.

Chuckster
<<

cmk59

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:52 pm

Haven't heard much lately, but I've now decided to go all-in. After trying to deal with a guy who couldn't sell his 3 non-working M400's on ePray (didn't work out), I've glommed onto a trio of TFM-6CB's. With the CT-27V, they work nicely (with two of the 6CB's monoblocked and the third for the sub), but it reinforces to me that I want four M400's for my system.

Here goes 'gain: I'll put my 3 TFM-6CB's, my Onkyo M504 and some of my Silver Pioneer stuff up for the three M400's I want. On the other hand, if anyone wants my McIntosh 2205 (and?) the 6CB's, four working M400's would fill the bill quite nicely, too.

We'll have to work out the shipping somehow, as the Onkyo and Mac are m o n s t e r s. Any takers now? Please?

Chuck
PM me, or better yet, write me at cmk59@yahoo.com
<<

TNRabbit

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:19 pm

How about just a multi-channel Sunfire for less than you'd pay for all those M400s? (newer & more reliable, too)

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUNFIRE-Signature-Cinema-Grand-5Ch-Amp-Low-Reserve-/270705164250?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0748ffda

This is a Signature model, but the non-sig models always go for under $1K.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
Next

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies