FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:41 pm

Platinum and Silver model woofers

<<

RevAmish

User avatar

M-400t CUBE

Posts: 108

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:33 pm

Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Post Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:44 am

Re: Platinum and Silver model woofers

There is a link on the dynavox page to a woman named Lolita. I went through her a few months ago without any issues. I don't know what her involvement with dynavox is, weather she works for them or is a distributor. The bill of sale was under another company name. http://www.dynavox.com/dynavox/Carver.htm

Also, if you joined twitter and signed up to follow her tweets you received a further discount on the drivers. I don't know if this is still in effect but worth checking out. I think they were $49 each as compared to the listed $59.

I ordered six to replace the ones in my silvers. It took quite some time for them to break in. I can say that when I first received them they had hardly any bass at all and then after around 24 hours they woke up and continue to get lower each day.
NOW PLAYING: Melos GK-1, Carver 305 monoblocks, FunkFirm Vector TT, Arcam DAC, MacMini w/JRiver, Philips CD-80, Revox B77, River Current AL-VIII speakers, River Current Cables
<<

kwingylee

Newbie

Posts: 8

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:36 am

Post Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: Platinum and Silver model woofers

RevAmish wrote:There is a link on the dynavox page to a woman named Lolita. I went through her a few months ago without any issues. I don't know what her involvement with dynavox is, weather she works for them or is a distributor. The bill of sale was under another company name. http://www.dynavox.com/dynavox/Carver.htm

Also, if you joined twitter and signed up to follow her tweets you received a further discount on the drivers. I don't know if this is still in effect but worth checking out. I think they were $49 each as compared to the listed $59.

I ordered six to replace the ones in my silvers. It took quite some time for them to break in. I can say that when I first received them they had hardly any bass at all and then after around 24 hours they woke up and continue to get lower each day.


The link works!! Thanks
<<

skip

User avatar

aka (Sasquach)

Posts: 1870

Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:47 pm

Location: Gaston, S.C.

Post Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Re: Platinum and Silver model woofers

Lolita worked at Dynavox when I ordered mine a few years ago. She must have taken the Carver line and set up her own shop.
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
<<

F1nut

User avatar

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 4561

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:31 am

Location: The Mars Hotel

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:52 am

Re: Platinum and Silver model woofers

Orevox is the same company as Dynavox. Lolita has been there forever.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.



In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Scarabeo

User avatar

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 2658

Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:05 pm

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:07 am

Re: Platinum and Silver model woofers

F1nut wrote:Orevox is the same company as Dynavox. Lolita has been there forever.


Yep, I got either Ada Linn or Lolita. Same company and same employees.
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

1044InProgress

User avatar

Newbie 50+

Posts: 85

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:35 pm

Location: Western NC

Post Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:30 pm

Re: Platinum and Silver model woofers

HOLY SMOKES! Awesome find!

Quick question though... What are the differences in the two woofers that Lolita is providing? Should I go with the honey comb or the standard? Advantages to either?
<<

Scarabeo

User avatar

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 2658

Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:05 pm

Post Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:35 pm

Re: Platinum and Silver model woofers

1044InProgress wrote:HOLY SMOKES! Awesome find!

Quick question though... What are the differences in the two woofers that Lolita is providing? Should I go with the honey comb or the standard? Advantages to either?

It would depend on the speakers you have! Honeycomb are for the Originals only! The Paper cone are for the Silvers and Platinum's. The Advantage to paper cone is its easier to drive over Honeycomb being more efficient and 16 ohm's not sure what ohm's are for the Honeycomb Drivers.
Last edited by Scarabeo on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

1044InProgress

User avatar

Newbie 50+

Posts: 85

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:35 pm

Location: Western NC

Post Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:42 pm

Re: Platinum and Silver model woofers

Scarabeo wrote:
1044InProgress wrote:HOLY SMOKES! Awesome find!

Quick question though... What are the differences in the two woofers that Lolita is providing? Should I go with the honey comb or the standard? Advantages to either?

It would depend on the speakers you have! Honeycomb are for the Originals only! The Paper cone are for the Silvers and Platinum's. The Advantage to paper cone is its easier to drive over Honeycomb being more efficient and 16 ohm's.


Oh ok.. Well I have the Platinum's, so it looks like I will be buying the paper cones.

Thanks for the quick info! Just the way I like it.. :lol:
<<

F1nut

User avatar

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 4561

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:31 am

Location: The Mars Hotel

Post Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:40 pm

Re: Platinum and Silver model woofers

Oh ok.. Well I have the Platinum's, so it looks like I will be buying the paper cones.


Only one problem, they don't have any.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.



In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

1044InProgress

User avatar

Newbie 50+

Posts: 85

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:35 pm

Location: Western NC

Post Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:41 pm

Re: Platinum and Silver model woofers

F1nut wrote:
Oh ok.. Well I have the Platinum's, so it looks like I will be buying the paper cones.


Only one problem, they don't have any.


Oh! And that is a problem.. lol

Where can I find them these days? What about just refoaming them?
<<

F1nut

User avatar

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 4561

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:31 am

Location: The Mars Hotel

Post Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:46 pm

Re: Platinum and Silver model woofers

Dynavox is the only company that sells them. Perhaps they will get more in. There are no refoam kits available at this time. However, some folks are working on that.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=11167
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.



In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
Previous

Return to Carver Speakers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2011 phpBB Group.