It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Let the fun begin Building Lightstar amps from the ground up

<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:35 pm

Magnaryder wrote:
Mr. M-500t wrote:I thought it was Hillary's dream of "It Takes A Village"
Can you feel that big Red, White & Blue Dick up your a$$ George C. ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :p :oops:

SHEET, Bush put it there when he started getting soldiers killed in Iraq.Hillary's gonna have to try to fix that mess. Are the republicans gonna name an airport after him too?

ray

That would beat the hell out of a Library in Arkansas with free Cigars for every one with a Blue Dress On !
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:13 pm

maddmaxxx wrote:- ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

- =; =; =; =; =; =; =; =; =; =; =; =; =; =; =; =; =; =;

-shiite !
-another 'informed' voter #-o

There was a time not so long ago when the powers-that-be sought out that kind of scum and irradicated them from the gene pool. Back then we had no 'terrorist' problems. Our nation had a more 'liberal' stance on protection than we do now.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:39 pm

-quote #1] There was a time not so long ago when the powers-that-be sought out that kind of scum and irradicated them from the gene pool.

-true, my ancestry[pollocks] died like mad...let hitler go on the muslim 'rampage' today ? 'flower power'

-quote #2] Back then we had no 'terrorist' problems.

-just alot coo's and WW1

-quote #3] Our nation had a more 'liberal' stance on protection than we do now.

-incorrect, the US was broke coming outa a depression

-AND we've NEVER been more 'LIBERAL' w/our 'free press' and 'hippy thinking' than PRESENT DAY

-as before =; Dismissed private...oh thats right [-X
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:11 pm

maddmaxxx wrote:-quote #1] There was a time not so long ago when the powers-that-be sought out that kind of scum and irradicated them from the gene pool.

-true, my ancestry[pollocks] died like mad...let hitler go on the muslim 'rampage' today ? 'flower power'

-quote #2] Back then we had no 'terrorist' problems.

-just alot coo's and WW1

-quote #3] Our nation had a more 'liberal' stance on protection than we do now.

-incorrect, the US was broke coming outa a depression

-AND we've NEVER been more 'LIBERAL' w/our 'free press' and 'hippy thinking' than PRESENT DAY

-as before =; Dismissed private...oh thats right [-X

Hell, I meant the 70s when we were 'still' in the assasination business. My mother's family comes from behind the Iron Curtain also. Bilyarsk(sp). And that's 'Airman' to you. ;-)

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:26 pm

Re: Let the fun begin Building Lightstar amps from the groun

Greetings, and welcome.

I'll buy it as is if you decide to sell it. I want it just as a collectors piece.
I almost bought one 10 years ago, and passed on it because it was "unfixable" from what I was told at the time.
If anyone can fix it, I'd say Rolland's your man.
I know Bill at Rita's is the guru on programming micro chips in the Carver / Sunfire receivers too.

The CT-30x was also called the CT-5.1x for a short time. Very nice looking unit for sure !!

is this it ??

CT-5.1x Director AC-3/THX 5.1Preamp/Tuner

The CT-5.1x is a high performance Two zone capable control center designed with the experience and knowledge of a long line of quality Carver separates. In addition to Dolby Pro Logic surround sound with adjustable delay and five surround modes, the preamp/tuner design incorporates Carvers exclusive Infinite Decorrelation which expands the critical rear soundstage beyond the confines of the listening room. The features offered by the CT-5.1x were carefully selected to provide the flexibility required for a surround sound system, but not so complicated to make it difficult to understand and operate. This preamp/tuner will provide uncompromising audio performance from every channel.
FEATURES:
Two zone capable!
3 audio inputs, 2 composite video input,1 composite video output
Bass and treble controls
Digital synthesis AM/FM tuner section
16 tuner presets
Infinte Decorrelation for wider rear soundstage
Gold Plated RCA Jack Connections Remote Control
Dolby Pro-Logic surround with 5 modes and adjustable delay
Phono Input Stage
Two AC outlets one switched and one unswitched
Removable handles for 17" cabinet space (with trim caps)
Motor-driven Volume control can be operated from the remote control
Designed by Carver Corporation in Lynnwood, WA USA

SPECIFICATIONS (preamp section)
Frequency Repsonse 10-50kHz +/- 3dB
Signal to Noise Ratio 91db (bypass)
S/N MM Phono A-Weighted > 74dB
Input Sensitivity for 0.5V 85mV
Input Impedance 50 kohms
Sensitivity for 0.5V phono 1.4mV
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:05 am

400 grit sandpaper & a belt sander will convert ANY black Sunfire amp to SILVER in short order~ :lol:

WELCOME to the site!
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:36 am

so, where does the lightstar builds stand now. any more progress? for that matter, were is the rebirth of the tube amps at now?
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:11 pm

Toy Maker wrote:Greetings, and welcome.
if anyone can fix it, I'd say Rolland's your man.
I know Bill at Rita's is the guru on programming micro chips in the Carver / Sunfire receivers too.

can he repair/reprogramme Lightstar Direct processors?

ray
Magnaryder

<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:11 pm

Only if you cook him dinner. :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D> =D>
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:41 pm

engtaz wrote:Only if you cook him dinner. :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D> =D>

I can do that

ray
Magnaryder

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:40 pm

Magnaryder wrote:
Toy Maker wrote:Greetings, and welcome.
if anyone can fix it, I'd say Rolland's your man.

can he repair/reprogramme Lightstar Direct processors?

ray

no, I asked.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:35 am

Re:

Got any more goodies like this to show off????

I once made a copy of Disneyland out of Foam but that was easy!
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

OCCD

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:26 pm

That is some BEAUTIFUL work!!! =D>
Give me a "Fist" full of coins and I'll save it for Carver gear!!!
Previous

Return to Carver Research (Lightstar)