FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:23 am

was there ever a car cd player?

<<

lives country ( carver )

TFM-25

Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:38 am

Re: was there ever a car cd player?

......I beleive he did so....and I don't believe it had anything to do with the...blkpts
I have a brochure somewhere along with the home audio in it or visa versa........will dig it up, next time I'm home, I think I sent it to TFM75 along with a bunch of brochures on carver audio.......some time back when the library was being compiled..
country's...pure sole...
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:50 am

I am sorry I guess I better clarify myself. I was not claiming that Mr. Carver had anything to do with Blaupunkt. BMW had a system that was advertised as Carver. It was an amplified system with like 9 channels or something that may or may not have been a Carver design. The head unit had a very small Carver logo on it that was intended to show the unit had Carver technology. If you pull the head unit out it was a Blaupunkt head unit just like every BMW has. If you read the BMW option carefully it does not claim that the head unit is a Carver piece only that the system has "Carver Technology" My old business partner was able to verify this for me because he has pulled many of those head units from BMW's for service work.
Sorry if I had anyone confused...

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

stevewithrow

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:35 am

I dont know if this helps...but this pdf I pulled from Sun Fire refers Bob only met once with BMW.. :-k

page 4

http://www.sunfire.com/pdf/Cinema_Ribbo ... per_v5.pdf
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:04 am

Rainman wrote:I think I may have the final answer on this.
I finally talked to that friend of mine who was in the car electronics store with me. He was also at one time the manager of the Hi-Fi store here that sold Carver gear.
I inquired about Carver gear in the 1,000's of BMW's that rolled through our shop. His response was this- "There were a few factory in-dash single disc head units that had a Carver label on them, but the label was the only thing Carver about them. The first one I pulled out of the dash revealed quite a surprise though! The head unit was actually made by Blaupunkt which is standard equip in most BMW's. I was wondering about the whole thing of Carver labels on Blau gear. I remember thinking someone really needed to send Mr. Carver a new .300 Winmag with giant Leica optics so upon making a positive ID on those who were responsible for this he could really "reach out and touch someone" with the same feelings of care and Kindness that they probably gave him!
So there we have it... The final answer on the in-dash cd (I hope) A Blaupunkt cd with a little tiny white Carver label........

I think the label may be akin to the Carver label Toshiba put on some of it's TV sets during that time...
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:57 pm

Rainman wrote:I am sorry I guess I better clarify myself. I was not claiming that Mr. Carver had anything to do with Blaupunkt.
Rainman

My first Cassette player was Blaupunkt - great stuff. I bought a Carver sub off Amazon a few years back before guys started educating me here. I am positive Mr Carver had nothing to with that item. :lol:

Just saw a post that "UPSTATE" SC is among the top 3 economic areas in the USA. That has a lot to do with BMW moving here.
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:51 am

OconeeOrange wrote:Just saw a post that "UPSTATE" SC is among the top 3 economic areas in the USA. That has a lot to do with BMW moving here.

There are a lot in on the Forum who live there and it seems to be a nice place - I have not been there since 1980 and can't remember too much about it.
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

OCCD

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:28 pm

OconeeOrange wrote: I bought a Carver sub off Amazon a few years back before guys started educating me here.

That Polk you have now is REAL NICE!
Give me a "Fist" full of coins and I'll save it for Carver gear!!!
Previous

Return to Carver Car Audio