It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:31 pm

CARVER PM 1200

<<

TFM Carmine

Newbie 50+

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm

Re: CARVER PM 1200

TNRabbit wrote:
TFM Carmine wrote:I think I blew the CV 18" sub so I now use the empty speaker cabinet for my cats lol, they love it. I even took the carrying handles off it they go in & out through the handle holes or the large woofer hole, I just don't think it was worth buying a woofer for :-({|=

:lol: :lol:

I refer you to this thread:

TNRabbit wrote:If the sub is 8 ohms, you can safely bridge the amp into it. Just remember 1000 watts PEAK usually means you can hit that for a fraction of a second every several minutes, not constantly~

RMS (i.e.constant) load is usually about 1/3rd of the peak or less. Voice coils heat up & require cool-down time between bursts or they overheat & begin melting together. It doesn't necessarily happen all at once. It can begin with a few coils melting together, dropping the impedance, and as that happens more & more, you eventually end up with either a direct short or the impedance gets so low it triggers the amp to shut down.

yup I think it melted the voice coil a bit during bridged mode, I probably should have ran just 1 channel lol
CT-29v,TFM-55, PM 1200
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:23 pm

If I may suggest.... Get your hands on a JL 13W7 Check your local CraigsList, they pop up all the time...
Grab a used one and beat the living shit out of it !!! It will take everything that amp will throw at it.
We have (2) of them in the living room.... The 1st thing people say is: HOOOOLYYYY SHIT !!!!!!!!!!!
Or in Tom's case..... WHAAAAT THE FUCKKKKK ????

Better Living with: Mo' Betta' Bass !!!! =D>
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

TFM Carmine

Newbie 50+

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:06 am

good advice I,ll check it out ](*,)
CT-29v,TFM-55, PM 1200
Previous

Return to Carver Pro