FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:35 am

CarverFest Location, and Directions

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu May 05, 2011 3:06 pm

CarverFest Location, and Directions

Here is a direct link that will make CarverFest the DESTINATION, all you have to do is fill in your Departure address
Google CarverFest Directions

This link is a compiled Google Earth mapping of the CarverFest cabin locations.
http://www.carveraudio.com/CarverFest/CarverFest.kmz

If you already have Google Earth, just download the file, unzip it, and the map should import directly into Google Earth for you.

If you do not have Google Earth, here is the link to the free download.
http://earth.google.com/

ENJOY!

Here is travel information from the somewhat local airports

Asheville, NC (AVL) LINK

Charlotte, NC (CLT)LINK

Atlanta, GA (ATL)LINK

Knoxville, TN (TYS)LINK

The closest airport is Asheville, NC (airport code AVL) LINK, which is about 70 miles from Bryson City.
Asheville is a very small and easy airport to travel through, and is serviced by the following airlines: USAir, Delta, United, Northwest. However, because Asheville is not a major hub for any airline, it may be difficult to find a direct flight from your departure city.

If you fly USAir or Delta, you will likely connect in Charlotte, NC (CLT)LINK or Atlanta, GA (ATL)LINK, respectively. By the time you layover in one of these cities, fly to Asheville, and then drive the final 70 miles, it might be quicker to just end your air travel in either Charlotte or Atlanta and drive the rest of the way (about 3 hours from either airport). Rental car variety and bargains may be greater in these major cities as well.

A secondary city to consider is Knoxville, TN (TYS)LINK, but don't be fooled by the apparent close proximity. Knoxville is through the Smokies and the drive is slow, difficult and unpredictable depending on time of day and season.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu May 05, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: CarverFest Location, and Directions

And thanks to Al Gore, plan on snow, floods, and strange winds along your chosen route -- :rolleyes:
For new people (like me) it can get cold in the hills at night, bring a hat.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu May 05, 2011 9:04 pm

We don't need no stinkin' hat.....

Eh, the fireside jacuzzi will warm you up just fine as the tunes are playing.

I will say this, If you have a telescope? Bring it. On a clear night without the moon, the Milky Way lights up the night.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu May 05, 2011 9:43 pm

I have a big one my Pop-In-Law gave me this past Christmas.
Too big to bring, but I take my binoculars everywhere.

You are right about the clear air around here.
Driving back to Charlotte, you can see the haze over the city from a distance, but more than that it is the amount of light it generates at night. When you get away from that, stars come popping out. =D>

Another reminder for new guys, you will need a flashlight as it gets REALLY dark here in the mountains if the moon is not out.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu May 05, 2011 10:36 pm

No doubt!

Yeah, I found that out 6 years ago [before CF] when I almost walked off a cliff while I "knew" I was on the road at night. Good reminder, Bill.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu May 05, 2011 11:25 pm

According to Tim, the new driveway off 74 has been PAVED all the way to the top of the hill...

YEAHAAAA TIM !!!!

Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu May 05, 2011 11:32 pm

'bout time!

Sweet!

<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Fri May 06, 2011 4:20 am

Thank godness. That was not, say it again, not a good thing last year. Running up the mountain to get a vehicle to tow us up was not fun. Thanks again Robert for the help.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

Return to CARVERFEST 2011