FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:53 am

Speaker Placement (Amazing Orginals)

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:14 am

Re: Speaker Placement (Amazing Orginals)

Martin1970 wrote:I think time alignment is much more important than most people think.
Smart man. Nice post and welcome to the Carver forum. Sit back, grab a beer, relax and make yourself at home.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

tah800

TFM-25

Post Sun May 08, 2011 12:05 pm

Nobody mentioned it or I just missed it but the manual also mentions adjusting the tilt by hanging a plumb bob from top of the ribbon side of the speaker. The distance from the bottom of the speaker to the tip of the plumb line should be 7". I always did it that way because it was such a bitch of a job messing with those adjustable feet on the stand. Always sounded alright to me. Those little feet were never the best anyway. The price you pay for getting great sound out of something so cheaply produced. Art
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun May 08, 2011 4:13 pm

It was on the 1st page. From what Bob and it experimented with was ALLOT less then 7"

Toy Maker wrote:Yeah, the best "sounding" angle we found was about 2-3 degrees of tilt. But the big problem there is, it's pretty easy to bump them, and have them fall forward if they only have 2-3 degrees of tilt.
5 degrees is a little more "comfortable" if you have carpet. 2-3 on hardwood isn't too bad. Just be careful
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Previous

Return to Carver Speakers