Post Mon May 09, 2011 8:39 pm

My system

IMG_1184.JPG
IMG_1184.JPG (1.9 MiB) Viewed 1496 times

IMG_1187.JPG
IMG_1187.JPG (1.69 MiB) Viewed 1496 times

IMG_1173.JPG
IMG_1173.JPG (1.65 MiB) Viewed 1496 times
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon May 09, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: My system

What kind of amps are those on the floor and whats that thingy behind the Rane ? Looks like an awesome system. =D> =D> =D>
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon May 09, 2011 9:34 pm

Mr. M-500t wrote:What kind of amps are those on the floor and whats that thingy behind the Rane ? Looks like an awesome system. =D> =D> =D>

They look like the older Manley Mono's,,,IIRC reference 240's?
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Tue May 10, 2011 4:14 am

Very nice setup.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Tue May 10, 2011 4:46 am

Very nice setup! =D>
Thanks for sharing :D
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue May 10, 2011 11:20 pm

Agree with everyone as that is a very nice system! =D>
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun May 15, 2011 11:31 am

Thanks all-
The amps are VTL MB300's went to that vs my Sunfire because I wanted a little more depth in the playback. The Sunfire is a damn good amp though- especially if you factor in price!
The device on top of the Rane crossover is a Yaqin MM tube pre for my turntable. Intent with the Rane was to find another Sunfire and bi-amp, but I found the VTL's and went that route instead (dual mono). With 300 watts ea. they do just fine on the low end.
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

kingman

Post Sun May 15, 2011 11:37 am

Nice stuff!!! =D> =D> =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun May 15, 2011 6:30 pm

Well,, I was close,, VTL,, Manley-- nice amps for sure.
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon May 16, 2011 2:03 pm

Both companies made the same basic design. Manley's Neo Classic is an updated version still in production today.
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon May 16, 2011 2:26 pm

Chauss wrote:Both companies made the same basic design. Manley's Neo Classic is an updated version still in production today.

Dick (speakerlabfan) has that great looking Manley Stingray. I bet it sounds good too if he has hung on to all this time. =P~
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:44 am

Update to speakers....need to add spikes / larger base and re-cloth the grills. They actually "sound" better with the grills - I guess it is a psychological thing with my brain trying to relate the sound to all the drivers I am seeing? :lol:

<<

TNRabbit

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:24 am

OconeeOrange wrote:
Chauss wrote:Both companies made the same basic design. Manley's Neo Classic is an updated version still in production today.

Dick (speakerlabfan) has that great looking Manley Stingray. I bet it sounds good too if he has hung on to all this time. =P~

Manley makes VERY IMPRESSIVE tube amps.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:50 pm

Chauss, the Manley NeoClassic 500 is on my list of things to have in the rig before I die. It's ugly as hell to me but I have heard the lower lineups of the Manley line, as well as some of the VTL's and older model Manley's, and I was not disappointed in any of them. I can only imagine what the 500's will do.

I see now why you want to work on the room acoustics from the last pic. From what I see, I'd bet it sounds pretty damned good as is. Reflections and all. Do you like the system in the basement, on a concrete slab? I have always preferred mine their, as opposed to a second story slatted sub floor, topped with plywood, padding and carpet. Reason being is the sub floor doesn't carry the vibrations across the floor. Yeah, you loose some of the slam effect but you gain the actual sound wave and with a full range speaker [like you have], properly powered the slam is more of an in your chest slam as opposed to an all around you slam. It also seems to provide less boom at the bottom and a more realistic lower register reproduction. Just wondering where your thoughts are on this...

BTW, I will be making a post soon that will help everybody with tuning in the speakers to the room. Be sure to look for it, as it will let you know instantly where to begin first. Let me ask you this, have you ever thought about using diffraction-be-gone at the tweeters?

Oh, and what kind of bookies do you have sitting to the right of the Duntech's....if you don't mind me asking?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:10 pm

The sound is not bad in the basement as is...Last house was phenomenal acoustically...the room was much larger. The bookshelf speakers are DCM's which I have had near forever. As for the sound diffraction material....already got it! :D John Dunlavy is the guy that holds the patent on it. All of his better speakers have it surrounding all the mids / highs.(See pic below) The only room issues I have right now are with slap echo. If playing at wake the neighbors volume, it will ring your ears on some notes! :D Bass is SSSWWWWEEEETTTT! <---Thanks Toy! Now we can not post the word "sweet" any longer :lol:

Next

Return to List / Update Your System