FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:40 am

An incredible day with Bob Carver!

<<

Magic_Physicist

TFM-6cb

Post Fri May 13, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: An incredible day with Bob Carver!

BillD wrote:Got one of those too. (ancient).

How long have you had yours Bill?

Did you buy it new in AZ?

I got mine in Seattle when it first came out and added it to my Phase Linear 4000

Then after having it for a long time I got my Carver 1.0t to bi-amp with the M-400

And then killed a few ALS crossovers which Bob replaced for me :lol:

But in 1995 I gave the M-400 a ride over to Lynwood when they still had a Carver office there and had it repaired like new but now it is semi-retired and I just use the 1.0t

When I first got the M-400 I had a pair of SpeakerLab 7's that I bought as a kit when that first came out.

Ah the good old days...... 8)
<<

Magic_Physicist

TFM-6cb

Post Fri May 13, 2011 4:24 pm

Re: An incredible day with Bob Carver!

Odysseous wrote:
Magic_Physicist wrote:What made you travel up north from SA?

( :lol: my 100th post so I better add a picture of my ancient M-400)

I figured if I already spent $8,000 on an amplifier, what's another thousand or two and take a trip to the Seattle area. All I wanted was to receive my amps from his hands, ask him to sign them (which he was going to do anyway), take a picture, shake his hand, and maybe -MAYBE- if he was gracious enough, he'll let me buy him lunch or dinner... I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd be having this adventure for 3 days with him!

(Congratulations on your 100th post! I'm honored that you chose my thread to post it!) =D> =D> =D>

I wouldn't mind doing that myself and I only live an hour or so away from him (I think)

When I first met Bob it was at SpeakerLab (the original old building)

But I rarely take the ferry trip over to Seattle these days (I'm on the Olympic Peninsula)

I used to make the trips over to the Carver factory in Lynwood in 1987 (as I recall)

Hauled my ALS's back and forth to the original ALS building in the back of my 4X4

After a couple trips Bob just shipped me over the new crossovers and ribbons.

When I first got the original ALS pair in 1986 I drove them to the Space Needle for dinner on the way home too :lol:

Sounds like you had a perfect vacation trip to me :D
Previous

Return to Bob Carver, the Myth, the Legend