FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:54 am

The Possible Resurrection of CARVER Corp....

<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:33 pm

Re: The Possible Resurrection of CARVER Corp....

BillD wrote:Well, shit, you'd have to be dead not to get that reaction from that stuff. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

erniejade1

TFM-35

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:16 pm

WOW just WOW.
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:25 pm

now thats boner material.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:27 am

i sure do want some of them there tubey things....
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

basspig

TFM-6cb

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:45 am

Just throwing my hat into this ring, too.. of course we'd all like to see Carver Corp resurrected, or some variant thereof. But let's be realistic: Is it what Bob really wants to do? How does this benefit him, especially at the stage of life he's in now?

Now if starting another company is something he wants to do, perhaps he might be more likely to go through with it if most of the burden of the business side were offloaded to a trusted partner--someone who knows the industry and has the energy, time and stamina to deal with the legal mumbo-jumbo. Leave the creative engineering work to Bob and the company name. Alas, partnerships are a risky venture. I never liked the idea all that much. It takes a really tight partnership to make it work.

Whatever happens, I hope it's for the best for everyone. I believe his products can still find a niche and that there are still 'audiophiles' who will buy them. If Bob came out with a 7.1 SurroundSound version of the C4000, I would snap it up in a hearbeat. Especially if it had balanced XLR outputs. :)
Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss
http://www.basspig.com The Bass Pig's Lair - 16,500 watts of driving surround sound!

Business sites at:
http://www.ampexperts.com
http://www.mwhdvideo.com
-
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:57 am

Here you go - Carver in a new form --

This was posted here before, but now it is for sale --

http://www.homecontrols.com/Carver-Microblok-CRMICROBLOK15

CRMICROBLOK15_full.jpg
CRMICROBLOK15_full.jpg (8.06 KiB) Viewed 714 times
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:19 am

It's just a shitty little CAR AMP :rolleyes:
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

amulford

Newbie 50+

Post Sat May 14, 2011 6:52 pm

I think it's a great idea, myself. The guy has done some amazing shit during his career. But can he get the name back free and clear? It might be a huge PITA, what with the old Carver Corp. still trying to cash in on the name.

I say go for it. Joke 'em if they can't take a f#ck...
I don't wanna hear it...
I wanna feel it...
I want it to go right thru me....
<<

ekog

TFM-6cb

Post Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:15 am

I like the idea of seeing more “Bob Carver” equipment come to market I think that a lot of people have purchased Sunfire products not only because they were good pieces of equipment with quality design and manufacturing but because Bob was very much involved with design and implementation. I also believe that a lot of those same people would go on to buy equipment from any company that Bob was involved with. Additionally I also think there is an even larger market waiting out there looking specifically for Mid to High-End Audio equipment in both Digital (IC) and Tube form (In the audio (stereo) community it seems that tube amplifiers are becoming more accepted/desired all the time) this follows through to the AV community where connectivity and control of sources and output are king but Amplification (Power) seems to be limited. If I were running the company (I’m not a pro or anything I’m just telling you what I think) I would produce multiple levels of Amp’s from fairly inexpensive to High End (all quality made just designed to meet the needs of the various levels in the market “entry -to- I bought a small country yesterday level”) a couple quality pre-amps with all the latest and legacy connections you would ever want (internet and digital play capable (it’s the future)) and matching receiver’s. Once the marketing and distribution of these was in place I would think about expanding the line (stick with Bob’s strengths and move from there). I know I would buy :)
Main System Setup:
Pre: Carver C2 | Amp: Carver M-500t|Equilizer: Sansui SE99|Speakers: Polk SDA2’s
Source: Tuner: Carver TX-2| Phono: Technics SL-1210 MkII with a Ortofon VMS 20E Mk II| DirecTV DVR | Pioneer HLD-X9 Laserdisc player | Samsung DVD/VHS player

Second System Setup:
Receiver: Yamaha RXV867| Fronts: Klipsch F-30's |Sub: Klipsch SW-112
Source: Radio |Internet/Network | Sony CDP-70 CD player
Previous

Return to Introducing the NEW 2012 "ALS"