Food ideas for CarverFest

The 5th Annual CarverFest Sep. 9th - 19th
Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Food ideas for CarverFest

Post by Magnaryder » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:25 pm

Over the past couple of days I've been talking with folks that are planning to spend the most time at the 'Fest. I'm trying to get a handle on what we paln to eat while we are there. So far I ' m looking at Prime Rib, Lasagna, Chicken Parmesean, Rib Eye Steaks, Smoked BBQ Chicken, Smoked Ham and some other stuff but you get the idea. Post some rational ideas here please.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

Re: Food ideas for CarverFest

Post by frankieD » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:33 pm

Magnaryder wrote:Over the past couple of days I've been talking with folks that are planning to spend the most time at the 'Fest. I'm trying to get a handle on what we paln to eat while we are there. So far I ' m looking at Prime Rib, Lasagna, Chicken Parmesean, Rib Eye Steaks, Smoked BBQ Chicken, Smoked Ham and some other stuff but you get the idea. Post some rational ideas here please.

ray

I''ve had your food before Ray and all I ask is that you serve he above during the last 5 days (when I will be there) do the hot dogs & burgers for the first part......O.K.?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:04 pm

Ray, don't spend so much time doing this. You NEVER get to enjoy CF like the rest of us do because you spend all your time cooking or cleaning up, man!

Hell, I'll eat PB&J the entire time just to not have to fool with food prep~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:37 pm

I say McDonalds and Arby's For the week :lol:

angelod307
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by angelod307 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:53 pm

Toy Maker wrote:I say McDonalds and Arby's For the week :lol:

not me. i vote for ribs, steaks, chops, kabob's and so forth.

the key is more people to clean up afterwards. if that's too much, then cold cuts and so forth. it has to be a group effort for sure and i will go with the best expressed idea's. otherwise, byof.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:55 pm

Toy Maker wrote:I say McDonalds and Arby's For the week :lol:

I'm fucking around. Pretty sure I'm on the hook for the lasagna and chicken parm. =D>

AlexSauter
Site Admin

Post by AlexSauter » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:37 pm

I will be helping dad with the Lasagna and Chicken Parm, but it's a good thing we are bringing the official "Kitchen Bitches" with us this year!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
My system (sitting in the garage):

(Stereo System)
Carver Pro PT-1800
Logitech Squeezebox
RCA-Headphone jack for iPod & iPhone

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Must have!

Post by treitz3 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:05 pm

Jerry and I will be doing BBQ chicken sandwiches w/ some healthy sides. We'll have both spicy and regular and don't forget Janice is planning on wedding soup. Neither of them, would you want to miss out on.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:15 pm

Yep-- Janice will be doing wedding soup,, and some homemade bread,, and maybe something else.I'll ask.

Eddie
Eddie The Knife

Post by Eddie » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:51 pm

When I talk to Ray we came up with a good list of things! Meat is no problem for me to handle so I told Ray to get with you Tom ! Thw people that know me well know what I can do! LOL! I know Tom from PA is bringing his smoker and I plan to bring mine as well so this year we will have two smokers going! I have some stuff I will bring like last year! Eddie!
Don't waste a good opportunity to shut up!

Good judgment comes from experience, but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!

Eddie
Eddie The Knife

Post by Eddie » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:00 pm

Devil Spawn wrote:I will be helping dad with the Lasagna and Chicken Parm, but it's a good thing we are bringing the official "Kitchen Bitches" with us this year!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
We got both of them coming ! :D
Don't waste a good opportunity to shut up!

Good judgment comes from experience, but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:41 am

RIBS, gotta have some ribs :-) maybe some smoked turkey breast also!! I could bring some BRATS from wisconsin!! you guys in the south probably have never had them?? they are called bratwurst and are awesome!! good with kraut or other condinments!! let me know and I will bring 3 or 4 dozen!! a WISONSIN/PACKERFAN staple!!
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:46 am

frenchguy wrote:RIBS, gotta have some ribs :-) maybe some smoked turkey breast also!! I could bring some BRATS from wisconsin!! you guys in the south probably have never had them?? they are called bratwurst and are awesome!! good with kraut or other condinments!! let me know and I will bring 3 or 4 dozen!! a WISONSIN/PACKERFAN staple!!

Us "southern folk" didn't always live down here... How about some knockwurst, or even better... Sabrett's. Mmmmmmm
I love me some Sabrett's. WITH THE SKINS ON EM' mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post by BillD » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:39 am

It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Post by OconeeOrange » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:08 am

v3.jpg
v3.jpg (112.67 KiB) Viewed 4855 times
vegan.jpg
vegan.jpg (102.2 KiB) Viewed 4855 times
v1.jpg
v1.jpg (104.72 KiB) Viewed 4855 times
v2.jpg