FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:27 am

Klipsch KLF-30s & Sunfire Power

<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:12 am

Klipsch KLF-30s & Sunfire Power

Well, I fell in love with the Klipsch sound some 20 years ago and never really looked back until recently when a friend of mine brought home a set of magnepans that had me scratching my head and questioning everything I thought I knew about speakers. I did some research then went out and bought a complete Sunfire surround set, including the CRS-3s & CRM-2s along with the matching EQ-12 subwoofer. The sound quality and realism was astonishing to say the least and the output was surprising for their size. Overall I'd have to say I was very happy with my system but It just didn't feel right-- then came a pair of klipsch klf-30s on craigslist for $450. Now, I've had a lot of different klipsch speakers before; Forte I & II, Chorus I & II, Quartet, Cornwall, Heresy, Kg 5.5 and many, many more but never any of the klf line. My favorites of the klipsch line have always been the chorus IIs for a larger room and the Forte II for a smaller room. I'm not sure if it's that the klf-30s are just so much better or its my new Sunfire 400x5 that's making the difference but I've never heard a set of klipsch speakers sound sooo good before! Music is so full sounding even right off the bottom of the volume and you can just keep turning it up until it feels like the four 12" drivers are kicking you in the chest! The sound stays very smooth and never harsh at all, even at rediculious levels where previous models have failed. These speakers are HUGE to say the least but so is the sound and music carries the weight again in such a way that made me fall in love with Klipsch in the first place. :D :lol: 8)
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
Klipsch KW-120 (2)
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:32 am

Re: Klipsch KLF-30s & Sunfire Power

I always wanted a pair of KLF-20s but settled for KLF-10s when I lived in Turkey during the late 90s. I used them for 10 years with a Pioneer receiver...the first time I heard them with my Sunfire, I was ASTOUNDED how much better they sounded! I had never realized how much better they could sound~

Be careful....you have enough power there to destroy those 30s....they are incredibly efficient.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:37 pm

I guess I forgot to mention the other items in my system that makes it so great. #-o

I have a Denon AVR 2805 as a preamp, the Sunfire 400x5 Cinema Grand Signature, a pair of Klipsch KLF-30s as mains, a Sunfire TS-EQ12, which is for sale, a Klipsch RSW-12 and a Carver SD/A 360 Cd player. I'm looking to add a Klipsch RC-64 center speaker and a set of rear surrounds that will keep up with the rest and handle 400 watts of pure Sunfire power, haven't really looked into that yet. I have an original Signature sub coming in the mail as I'm typing this to replace the EQ.
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
Klipsch KW-120 (2)
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:37 pm

jjptkd wrote:I guess I forgot to mention the other items in my system that makes it so great. #-o

Pictures are worth a thousand words! Pictures Please :D
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:36 pm

jjptkd wrote:I guess I forgot to mention the other items in my system that makes it so great. #-o

I have a Denon AVR 2805 as a preamp, the Sunfire 400x5 Cinema Grand Signature, a pair of Klipsch KLF-30s as mains, a Sunfire TS-EQ12, which is for sale, a Klipsch RSW-12 and a Carver SD/A 360 Cd player. I'm looking to add a Klipsch RC-64 center speaker and a set of rear surrounds that will keep up with the rest and handle 400 watts of pure Sunfire power, haven't really looked into that yet. I have an original Signature sub coming in the mail as I'm typing this to replace the EQ.

Get a better pre-amp and you will be even more amazed! I ran my Denon AV3805 as a stereo pre / HT for years until I split off my HT and stereo into separate rooms....added a CJ12 pre and WoW an amazing difference in detail and depth occurred paired with the Sunfire amp. \:D/
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:20 pm

WoW, it's only been 6 months since I typed that! seems like a lot longer ago but... as my signature indicates, I've "matured" into a full Sunfire stack and have since replaced the KLF-30s with 2 pairs of Chorus IIs. :D :D I actually tried the RC-64 and wasn't really all that impressed, especially for its size.
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
Klipsch KW-120 (2)
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:51 pm

jjptkd wrote:WoW, it's only been 6 months since I typed that! seems like a lot longer ago but... as my signature indicates, I've "matured" into a full Sunfire stack and have since replaced the KLF-30s with 2 pairs of Chorus IIs. :D :D I actually tried the RC-64 and wasn't really all that impressed, especially for its size.

What'd you do with the 30's??? :-s
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:13 pm

jjptkd wrote:WoW, it's only been 6 months since I typed that! seems like a lot longer ago but... as my signature indicates, I've "matured" into a full Sunfire stack and have since replaced the KLF-30s with 2 pairs of Chorus IIs. :D :D I actually tried the RC-64 and wasn't really all that impressed, especially for its size.

and......how does it sound now compared to the Denon running as a pre? :D
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein

Return to List / Update Your System