FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:05 pm

EndersShadow's setup

<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:11 am

EndersShadow's setup

Thought I would post my setup. I have a running thread at AVSFORUM showing off my gear as I got it, so I am just going to copy and paste a bunch from that thread to make my life simpler lol..

This upcoming weekend my fiancée and I are moving from a 1 bedroom 1 bath 730 sq. ft. apartment into a 2 bedroom 1 ½ bath townhome apartment. The layout is much friendlier for my Home Theater aspirations, both for the Living/Family Room as well as the Master and Guest Bedroom. While not nearly as awe inspiring as many of your dedicated theater rooms, its not to shabby for what I can do. Below are the beginnings of what will be my awesome new setups. I figured I would chronicle the journey both for myself and also anyone else interested.

Living/Family Room:

As of right now I am going to stick with 5.1 downstairs as I do not have the necessary space to do 7.1 properly and honestly don’t care at this point :D. We are going to paint the wall the TV is on a dark brown color and all the other walls in that room a light blue. I will be mounting the Surrounds about 24-32” above ear height when sitting down using AM40 wall brackets. The Center speaker will be mounted above the TV using a speaker shelf I purchased off Amazon.

Equipment List:
TV: Panasonic 59” DLP
Receiver/Pre-amp: Integra DTR 5.9
Amplifier: Carver AV-705x
Fronts: LSi 15's modded with a db840 sub (crossover upgrade next)
Center: Polk LSi C
Surrounds: Infinity Primus 162's (wall mounted)
Sub: Polk PSW125 (being replaced eventually and moved to the office)
Misc Gear: Limited Edition Halo 3 Xbox 360, Wii, Samsung BP-1600 blu ray player, Limited Edition Halo 2 Xbox, Uverse DVR, Pioneer laserdisc player

Master Bedroom:
Equipment List:
TV: 32” Samsung LCD
Misc Gear: Sony 5 disc DVD player, Uverse receiver

Guest Bedroom/Office:

The Guest Bedroom is going to be just a small 2.0 setup that will eventually become a 2.1 setup. This will be used mainly to listen to music while I work on the computer, and occasionally as a secondary Home Theater if my brother comes over with his Xbox and we want to connect them both up. As such I am not planning on spending too much more on this setup than I need.

Equipment List:

TV: 25” HP 2509 LCD Monitor
Receiver: Harman Kardon 3490
Fronts: Polk T90e
Center: N/A and none planned
Surrounds: N/A and none planned
Sub: N/A

Misc Gear:
Main Rig Computer:
Motherboard: ASUS P5E
Processor: Q9650 @ 3.7
Memory: 8 Gig Dominator 1066
Graphics Card: ATI 5450
Storage: 2 Western Digital Caviar Black 640 gig & Samsung Spinpoint 1 Terabyte
TV Tuner: Hauppauge 2250
Powersupply: Corsair 450VX
Case: Antec P182
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:14 am

Re: EndersShadow's setup

Living/Family Room Pictures:

New layout of 5/28/2011

Updated pictures to show the new speakers and setup. I am now running Polk LSi 15 fronts modded with a db840 sub, a LSiC center channel and 2 Infinity Primus 162's as surrounds

"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:15 am

Guest Bedroom/Office Pictures:

This is what the layout may eventually look like. As of right now the Futon has not been purchased:

**edited 5/3/11**

Got a new desk and entertainment center for the HK 3490. Moved the Monitor 60's to the office since they were replaced by LSi 15's. The Infinity Primus's from the office are now my surrounds instead of the Monitor 40's.

**edited 6/25/11**

I got the acoustic panels setup. Their final resting place will be in the dedicated HT when we finally get a house. Until then with no storage space, they look quite good in the office..

Before:

After:
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:18 am

And Finally a bunch of pics of my Carver AV-705x. I got it used off CL for 250. A couple sets of the RCA's are bent, but it worked with no issues at all. I now have noticed one of the THX knobs is busted, but it doesnt mess with how it sounds so I am ok with that

Here are the pictures showing the bent terminals:
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:25 am

Very nice description of your gear! Dwgs and everything- :D
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:33 am

Very nice ...audio in every form there! Congrats on the move to the new diggs! =D> =D> =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:53 am

Chauss wrote:Very nice description of your gear! Dwgs and everything- :D

Thanks! I love those pics of my dog Fox. We have another dog named Chewey, short for Chewbacca (my wife is a big Star Wars fan) but he doesnt have any pics up yet lol....

kingman wrote:Very nice ...audio in every form there! Congrats on the move to the new diggs! =D> =D> =D>

Thanks, the move was actually last Memorial Day weekend, but the pics are new as of 5/28 when I finally got NooshinJohn's LSi 15's setup.

The office pics are from last weekend after cleaning all those acoustic panels with 2 full lint rollers and then a bunch of vacuuming lol...

Hoping come Christmas to move from my 705x to something a bit bigger like one of the Sunfire Cinema's (225 x 5 @ 8ohm, 450 x 5 @ 4ohm)

Then I found some good passive subs (ChaseHomeTheater 18's) that I like but not quite sure if I want to run a Pro Audio amp to them. Debating going with 2 TFM-25's bridged (one per sub). Would love to hear thoughts on that.....
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:06 am

=D> Nice stuff there!! Thanks for posting. You have everything set up very nicely! =D>
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:39 am

when I finally got NooshinJohn's LSi 15's
...you know John??? Oh my...don't tell anyone!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:44 am

Give her time.

I see that you still haven't convinced the other half to accept the toe in yet. DOH!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:39 am

Thanks for posting and pics. Great setups. Love the LSI 15's looks.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

fiero11

Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:32 pm

NIce system set up in every room. I especially like the Polk LSI's in the main room. Thanks for the show.
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:27 am

Re: Give her time.

treitz3 wrote:I see that you still haven't convinced the other half to accept the toe in yet. DOH!

LOL...I gave up honestly. I am quite happy with how good it sounds as it is. While there are improvements to be made I can wait till I have a more dedicated space in which I can dictate layout more. Thats why the acoustic treatments are not in the main setup but in the office.

Plus I am being nice now so I can get that Sunfire 5 channel I want hopefully soon and then a set of subs to match.....
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:19 pm

Very nice set-up! After looking at those pictures I am suddenly craving a Three Musketeers for some reason :-k Strange :lol:
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:25 pm

Re: Give her time.

treitz3 wrote:I see that you still haven't convinced the other half to accept the toe in yet. DOH!

nice setup....

as to the toe in....

small increments every day, maybe she wont notice.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
till its been that way for a while... 8)
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
Next

Return to List / Update Your System