FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:14 am

Any Knowlegeble BMW Carver Owners Here

<<

RamblingRick

Post Thu May 07, 2009 9:40 pm

Any Knowlegeble BMW Carver Owners Here

BMW Z4 system (model should be included inthe following) E83/E85 65.12 6930046 AI:01 Carver DSP-Verst. 23031 (per a text message from my son).

Water and electronics don't mix and putting electronics in a convertable trunk well was not a good move by BMW.

I have seen others in this situation but have not seen a source for replacement (other than BMW dealer) or anything on the possibility of repair following partial submergence.

Any info?
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri May 08, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Any Knowlegeble BMW Carver Owners Here

COPPIED FROM YOUR WELCOME THREAD

I remember talking to Bob a few months ago about the BMW with the "Carver" name on it....
Come to find out, he designed an OEM powered subwoofer for them. The original was overheating in the super small space available in the Beemer, and they needed someone to design a new sub, that had the same output, but was smaller, and would not overheat.

As far as I know, he only "designed" it.. I don't think Carver ever built anything for BMW.

Cool facts though !!!

Here was the original thread.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3117&hilit=bmw

http://www.worldcarfans.com/2060330.005 ... -certified
The Z4 premium sound system offers the option to choose the experience of enjoying music either in an open-air stage or a concert hall setting. In order to offer the aficionado of roadster and coupé motoring not only a unique driving experience, but also an incomparable experience of sound, BMW has introduced Carver technology into this THX Certified system. “Thanks to Carver technology, a high sound pressure can be produced with a small speaker diameter” says Edgar Kirk. The limited package space available for large bass speakers in a two-seater can be used in the best possible way. Requiring a volume of only 10 liters per loudspeaker, the system is able to generate enormous sound pressure (output level) of more than 120 db. A digital 10-channel audio amplifier and sound processor, in turn, gives the sub-woofers an output of 100 Watts. Two woofers each developing 40 Watts are positioned at the front of the car, six midrange loudspeakers and tweeters are fitted in the doors and behind the seats, each driven by a 25 Watts terminal. The premium sound system develops a total power output of 430 Watts.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

1044InProgress

Newbie 50+

Post Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:08 pm

I'm a Carver owner and a BMW owner.. lol does that help?

Actually, I can contribute to this thread.. I remember seeing a Z8 with the Alpina package and I vaguely remember seeing a few components with the Carver name. Not sure if this is factory or not as the Z8 is one of the few BMW models I'm not really familiar with.

I'm really suprised how often I am seeing BMW and highend audio systems.
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:28 pm

he designed an OEM powered subwoofer for them
...there was a NOS one on ebay awhile back...I believe that it was priced at $399.00 opening bid. Don't know if it sold and don't remember who had it listed....... #-o
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:51 pm

<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:21 am

In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

peer

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:18 am

Hi guys! I have a BMW, it's so nice and powerful engine. The engine running is 600,000 km. Where your local area?

Return to Carver Car Audio