It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:11 pm

Food ideas for CarverFest

<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:14 pm

Re: Food ideas for CarverFest

Toy Maker wrote:
frenchguy wrote:RIBS, gotta have some ribs :-) maybe some smoked turkey breast also!! I could bring some BRATS from wisconsin!! you guys in the south probably have never had them?? they are called bratwurst and are awesome!! good with kraut or other condinments!! let me know and I will bring 3 or 4 dozen!! a WISONSIN/PACKERFAN staple!!

Us "southern folk" didn't always live down here... How about some knockwurst, or even better... Sabrett's. Mmmmmmm
I love me some Sabrett's. WITH THE SKINS ON EM' mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

James don't tell me you can't get Sabretts in FLORIDA!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:25 pm

Where do we pitch in?? $$

Will there be some corn, beans and such ??
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:35 pm

I thought I read something that they have used a Paypal account to chip in for food in the past? maybe? need to know- cause I do not want to show up short on cash and no place to get funds in the middle of no where.....(also for the amp dollars owed).
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:07 am

Paypal

we'll have something figured out concerning this. I'm thinkin' most likely it will only apply from Wednesday to Saturday this year, which is when the bulk of the folks will be here.

The rest of the gang that stays the entire time should have no issues figuring out what/where to eat because the numbers are so small and we usually just figure that stuff out on site. Most of them have already planned a meal before we get there anyway but I'm not gonna rule out "not" having a planned meal and another Paypal day tacked on before Wednesday. No special meal will be planned for Sunday this year. Sunday is leftover day. Those that have attended every Carverfest know quite well that there have always been a shitload of leftovers and the goal is to not be throwing any food away this year because we didn't have the chance to cook it.

Most likely, it will be around $7.00 per person, per night [+- $28/head for Wednesday - Saturday] with exceptions made for those under the age of 18. Gotta remember, this is not just for food. There are other expenses that need not come out of the same pockets of those who pay for the extras every year for 5 years running, possible door prizes and non food supplies that are needed to host an event as big as this has become.

Thanks for the reminder, it is getting rather close.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: Paypal

treitz3 wrote:we'll have something figured out concerning this.
Most likely, it will be around $7.00 per person, per night [+- $28/head for Wednesday - Saturday]
Thanks for the reminder, it is getting rather close.

Tom.

Where do I send the funds.

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:54 pm

I've been there the last 2 years and never saw a group fund offering...it's usually let's go to the store and buy what we need. I don't think I've ever ended up on the cheap out end...
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:16 pm

kingman wrote:I've been there the last 2 years and never saw a group fund offering...it's usually let's go to the store and buy what we need. I don't think I've ever ended up on the cheap out end...

I am a rookie here....just tryin to make sure I pay my share for the large meals- :D
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:55 am

CARVERFEST@CARVERAUDIO.COM is the PayPal account I set up a few years ago for the food/supplies fund.
As before, the fund was set up so that we would have a decent sized "pot" to be able to pull from as needed for food and supplies. As before, "soft drinks" are included in your payment, but alcohol and specialty drinks, like orange juice or V8 are not. We try to have a little something of everyone.

if you send a payment...
YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR REAL NAME, USER ID FROM THE FORUM, CABIN NUMBER AND RESERVATION DAYS
if you don't your payment WON'T COUNT. it's almost impossible to cross reference peoples wives PayPal accounts with your User IDs on the forum.

Don't forget PayPal can take almost 4%, so send your payments as PERSONAL to save the fees, or add 4% to your total payment being sent
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:11 pm

Seems like too much work -> tell me how much and I will send you a check or give you cash when I arrive.
If you think my word is no good - fuck you. :lol:

I am not a big meat eater, but will pay what all do as I like the sound of those spicy burgers.
<<

1044InProgress

Newbie 50+

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:12 pm

BBQ PORK.. Are you kidding me? This is BBQ central baby!
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:22 pm

We need an email address for PayPal....sorry if it was already posted and I missed it--
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:27 pm

Chauss wrote:We need an email address for PayPal....sorry if it was already posted and I missed it--

Yeah, that is becoming an unorganized distraction.

For Cabin #5 email carverfest@yahoo,com

As this is a vacation - fun food be going on there for the "other" meals.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:46 pm

Chauss wrote:We need an email address for PayPal....sorry if it was already posted and I missed it--

I don't usually try to be an asshole, but this time I will make an exception......

^^^^^^^^^^^LOOK UP 5 POSTS^^^^^^^^^^^
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:53 pm

Toy Maker wrote:

I don't usually try to be an asshole, but this time I will make an exception......

^^^^^^^^^^^LOOK UP 5 POSTS^^^^^^^^^^^

All is clear now.
Anyone who has a question as to it now should be banned for posting. :lol: :lol:
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:54 pm

Good Breakfast and lunch can be had at #5 if you reserve a seat.
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2011