It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:29 pm

Food ideas for CarverFest

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: Food ideas for CarverFest

Im reserving a seat for all 10 days... I like Captin' Crunch \:D/
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:07 pm

Toy Maker wrote:Im reserving a seat for all 10 days... I like Captin' Crunch \:D/

OK -
10 premium level breakfasts - =D>
10 X $9 = $90.
All payments must be made to PayPals prior to the event.
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:10 am

Toy Maker wrote:
Chauss wrote:We need an email address for PayPal....sorry if it was already posted and I missed it--

I don't usually try to be an asshole, but this time I will make an exception......

^^^^^^^^^^^LOOK UP 5 POSTS^^^^^^^^^^^

Gee thanks Toy! I DID apologize ahead of time... :D

I will send funds in August.
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:57 pm

The rundown...

Alright, so far we have some great suggestions but no real plans. Time is drawing near and the PP fund has been re-established. So far we have....

James and gang - Lasagne and Chicken Parmesan [Damn, I'm hungry already]

Jerry and myself - BBQ Chicken Sandwiches [best you've ever had]

George and Janice - Wedding soup [Speaks for itself if you have ever had their recipe before]

Eddie/Tom and Tom - something smoked [Need more information]

Frenchguy - Brat's [I'll supply the beer for 'em]

Anybody else, if you are planning on making something for between Wednesday and Saturday? Speak up. We need to know now what you are planning on making. Like I said, time is drawing near...

Those that are there for the full time, we'll just wing it like we have in the past unless you have any ideas beforehand.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:08 am

Toy Maker wrote:Im reserving a seat for all 10 days... I like Captin' Crunch \:D/

I understand that goes good as a coating on french toast!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:00 am

Since the restaurant opened 3 weeks ago my cooking skills have gotten alot sharper than they have been in quite a while. I spoke with Bob at the beginning of the month concerning his dietary requirements to get a good start planning his menu. We do alot of really good things that will meet his needs but might also appeal to many of the other CarverFest devotees.

Since James and Dave are bringing some really serious shit this year my rig would be superfluous, I decided to (if it's ok with y'all) do alot of the cooking. I will be bringing 1 of my Lightstar amplfiers that needs lamps and meters repaired hoping I can get 'someone' to help me out with that.

I have some really good soups, both hot and cold that are really good. I've gotten really adept with appetizers like bruchetta, mussels in a white wine sauce, and we make a really great spinach dip. I plan to bring a table top deep fryer and a really good blender to do some of the work making the soups.

So if I can get a little help from the Kitchen Bitches we can do some really great things like we did in 2008.

I was thinking I'd like to do a Prime Rib breakfast with French Toast again. For one dinner, a Caesar Salad followed by a Beef Tenderloin in a white wine and Crab sauce with mixed vegetables sauteed in red wine, fresh garlic and olive oil and baby red potatoes served in butter and chives.

Second breakfast I*'d like to try something a little simpler and do Pancakes, sausage and eggs with a homemade syrup. Dinner might consist of an Eddie cut Rib-Eye marinated in a little Crown and roasted garlic, fresh asparagus smoked in olive oil and garlic and a roasted sweet potato topped in maple butter.

There will be plenty of my Seafood Bisque and a Carrot Cake or 2.

Let me know if this is OK with the masses.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

bsturgeon89

TFM-55

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:12 am

Magnaryder wrote:Since the restaurant opened 3 weeks ago my cooking skills have gotten alot sharper than they have been in quite a while. I spoke with Bob at the beginning of the month concerning his dietary requirements to get a good start planning his menu. We do alot of really good things that will meet his needs but might also appeal to many of the other CarverFest devotees.

Since James and Dave are bringing some really serious shit this year my rig would be superfluous, I decided to (if it's ok with y'all) do alot of the cooking. I will be bringing 1 of my Lightstar amplfiers that needs lamps and meters repaired hoping I can get 'someone' to help me out with that.

I have some really good soups, both hot and cold that are really good. I've gotten really adept with appetizers like bruchetta, mussels in a white wine sauce, and we make a really great spinach dip. I plan to bring a table top deep fryer and a really good blender to do some of the work making the soups.

So if I can get a little help from the Kitchen Bitches we can do some really great things like we did in 2008.

I was thinking I'd like to do a Prime Rib breakfast with French Toast again. For one dinner, a Caesar Salad followed by a Beef Tenderloin in a white wine and Crab sauce with mixed vegetables sauteed in red wine, fresh garlic and olive oil and baby red potatoes served in butter and chives.

Second breakfast I*'d like to try something a little simpler and do Pancakes, sausage and eggs with a homemade syrup. Dinner might consist of an Eddie cut Rib-Eye marinated in a little Crown and roasted garlic, fresh asparagus smoked in olive oil and garlic and a roasted sweet potato topped in maple butter.

There will be plenty of my Seafood Bisque and a Carrot Cake or 2.

Let me know if this is OK with the masses.

ray

Sounds great to me!!

Hey Ray, Where is the restaurant and what is the name? I might have to swing by and give ya some business
Carverfest 2010 quote...I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

GO BUCKEYES
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:28 am

bsturgeon89 wrote:Sounds great to me!!
Hey Ray, Where is the restaurant and what is the name? I might have to swing by and give ya some business

Brock we're in the carousel district 37 west fourth street, mansfield, ohio. might be a bit of a drive for you. call me if you need directions, phone # is in the carverfest attendees file.

it's called the City Grille

food is pretty good and the prices are reasonable.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:02 am

i am going for chicken kabobs, chicken and rice, lemon chicken and lemon potatoes on my cook list.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:20 am

OH boy!

Ray, I can bring my TT fryer as well. The one thing is, whatever we plan has to be planned and I do mean fast. We have decided already to have a simple, yet warm or hot breakfast [everybody's on their own for lunch...or leftovers only] and a nice dinner. This part will not change, as many things [other than food] revolve around this. Now, what we are having can change.

The only thing is, the CF PP fund hasn't even started yet and right now we are looking at about $8-10/per person per day and this will not be for the entire time, like it has been in the past. We are only looking at Wednesday through Saturday for the charges and provided meals, since this will be when the bulk of the folks show up. We will not be planning on cooking anything on Sunday, as this will be strictly a "consume the leftovers" day.

Call me when you see this. We need to talk via the phone and I do mean soon. 803-579-0607 Thanks bub.

Angelo, sounds good. We will throw that into the mix as well. We are still designing the menu and what/who/when/why and where of things. Please stay abreast of this thread and keep in touch, especially in the next two weeks. In fact, everybody do this please. It's crunch time.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:16 pm

T3-
You were asking about a meal at cabin #5 for the Friday party....I can not speak for all- but I am willing to man the grill and suggest we maybe keep it simple- ie: hot-dogs, hamburgers, chips and beer. We all all be tired after Friday's build day and don't think anyone will be able to leave early to get a head start cooking for the masses. Any thoughts?
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:53 pm

We do not know yet...

It's either gonna be that or Jerry and I's chicken BBQ sandwiches that will be made the night before and sitting in two huge slow cookers, with more in large aluminum vats. I really do not know yet. Whatever it is, it's gotta be good, quick and with not a lot of cook time before dinner as the tube amp build may extend well beyond dinner time. Let's hope not, but it might.

Maybe for the same night, we can have Ray do one of his famous soups like Lobster bisque or a killer vegetarian soup for those who would prefer to eat a little healthier. Someone is planning on bringing some brat's as well. Maybe for that night we can have a combination of some of these. Like I said, it's gotta be good, quick and with not a lot of cook time before dinner. Even if that means a 15 minute window for cook time or pre-made and ready to eat when everybody is ready.

<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:59 pm

eat, who eats. must build tube amps.....eat and sleep later....
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:48 pm

Tom, I was kinda planning on cooking at the beginning of the week, if those that are there want to get together and make some dining decisions then lend a hand where needed after that. Figured to do nothing on build day. James said there were gonna be roughly 25 people there early on, that will be enough to keep me busy :-) thought I'd bang heads with Angelo and Eddie and come up with some decent eats.

gimme a ring after 10 pm....gonna do some cooking now

ray
Magnaryder

<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:42 pm

Chauss wrote:T3-
You were asking about a meal at cabin #5 for the Friday party....I can not speak for all- but I am willing to man the grill and suggest we maybe keep it simple- ie: hot-dogs, hamburgers, chips and beer. We all all be tired after Friday's build day and don't think anyone will be able to leave early to get a head start cooking for the masses. Any thoughts?

T3- you need to speak to Gary, Mike and Bill about dinner at cabin#5.....I was only making a SUGGESTION ](*,)
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2011