It is currently Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:04 pm

Food ideas for CarverFest

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:44 pm

We'll figure it out...

Well, I haven't heard anything from any of them and I have asked repeatedly. So I guess it's up to the organizers to figure it out. No biggie, just part of the plan. Your suggestion is a good one but I think that it will be a bigger task than it needs to be due to there only being one grill at that location. Cooking for everybody there on one grill just ain't gonna cut it with the amount of folks that will need to be fed that night. Well, that and also the window of cooking time that may be available that night.

Any suggestion is more than welcome.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: Food ideas for CarverFest

angelod307 wrote:eat, who eats. must build tube amps.....eat and sleep later....

Agreed.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:20 pm

TNRabbit wrote:
angelod307 wrote:eat, who eats. must build tube amps.....eat and sleep later....

Agreed.

+1
<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:49 am

you guys need to let me know how many brats to bring?? will deep freeze them so they are fresh for you guys!! thinking 4 or 5 dozen should be enough but not sure?? will pick up buns there so they are fresh!! could bring some wisconsin kraut as some like that on their brats?? truck is gonna be loaded thats for sure! good thing I have off 3 days before we leave as it will take that long to load everything up!! :lol:
Carver M-4.0t & Rollandized tfm42, ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A & JBL L96,s Modified JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carverfest vacuum tube amp & Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Carver AL3 amazing speakers in natural oak & Douglas connection cables
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:39 am

frenchguy wrote:you guys need to let me know how many brats to bring?? will deep freeze them so they are fresh for you guys!! thinking 4 or 5 dozen should be enough but not sure?? will pick up buns there so they are fresh!! could bring some wisconsin kraut as some like that on their brats?? truck is gonna be loaded thats for sure! good thing I have off 3 days before we leave as it will take that long to load everything up!! :lol:

Good question. Need to ask Tom total number in attendance on day we are planning on eating Brats. I can tell you, this is one crowd that likes to chow down. :lol:

My guess is 1.5 to 2 Brats per attendee, based on amount of side dishes also served.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

TNRabbit

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:58 am

I figure the last Fri/Sat will be the largest attendance days; anyone figured out how many we have coming on those days so far? I'm guessing in the 50+ range....

What was it last year? About 56 max?
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

bsturgeon89

TFM-55

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:13 am

I have a grill I can bring if need be
Carverfest 2010 quote...I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

GO BUCKEYES
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:16 am

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

This chart is very close to being correct in the TOTAL numbers of people per day. Add 3 extra per day to be safe for now.

Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:21 am

James, just for your info, you still have me being in 6 with Angelo & Tom.

I will be in 8 only and will not show up until Wed.

Just to let you know.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:25 am

Hells, yeah!!!

bsturgeon89 wrote:I have a grill I can bring if need be
Actually, bring it if you can. I was talking with Ray the other day and asked him if we could use something like this because I knew you had asked but never did receive a response. We'll put it to good use and we already have a plan made. It is easily transferred from one cabin to another, correct?

If you do not want to use your vehicle, we have plenty of folks coming that have a hitch as well.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

bsturgeon89

TFM-55

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: Hells, yeah!!!

treitz3 wrote:
bsturgeon89 wrote:I have a grill I can bring if need be
Actually, bring it if you can. I was talking with Ray the other day and asked him if we could use something like this because I knew you had asked but never did receive a response. We'll put it to good use and we already have a plan made. It is easily transferred from one cabin to another, correct?

If you do not want to use your vehicle, we have plenty of folks coming that have a hitch as well.

It isn't a hitch mounted grill but it is easily transportable nonetheless. I will bring it. If its used, great. If not, no biggie
Carverfest 2010 quote...I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

GO BUCKEYES
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:32 pm

I picked up a new smoker. Will be taking it down to CF. I have done some chickens and ribs so far and they have turned out very nice.

I am thinking I could put about 8 chickens on it at once. It is pretty big!
Attachments
Weber Smoker small.JPG
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:49 pm

thuffman03 wrote:I picked up a new smoker. Will be taking it down to CF. I have done some chickens and ribs so far and they have turned out very nice.

I am thinking I could put about 8 chickens on it at once. It is pretty big!

Lookin good Tom and I bet even tasting better! :-k
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

kingman

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:42 pm

As for now 11 will house me and Tammy, my buddy Jerry, Rainman and Rainwoman. It has been and can continue to be the host cabin in the true spirit of Carverfest. If the main meals for Friday and Saturday are to be prepared there, I need to know. All of us are there for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Everyone has enjoyed the atmosphere before and the cabin is laid out for the event. With help from Tom, Ray, Angelo, and Eddie in organizing it, we can have a super time. Just thought I'd throw it out.... :-k 8)
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

AlexSauter

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:37 am

My father asked me to post our list of meals that we cook for ourselves on a budget of $15 a night for 5 people. Keep in mind, most of these cost closer to $10 a night for 5 people.

Chicken pram

Chicken patty sandwiches

Chicken penne

DIY tacos

Filet

Hamburgers

Hotdogs

Lasagna

Noodles & meatballs

Pb&j

Pot pies & rice or large egg noodles

Raviolis & sauce

Ribs & RED Mashed Potatoes

Rotisserie chicken

Salami sandwiches

Salisbury steaks

Sausages & rice

Spaghetti

Stew

Tuna & chips

RIP BillD
BillD wrote:Well, some people are glass half empty people and some are glass half full. Being an engineer, I just think the glass is the wrong size.

My system (sitting in the garage):

(Stereo System)
Modified Carver AL III+'s (Pushed into the corners to make room for the ALS speakers)
Modified CarverFest 2011 20w tube amplifier
Carver Pro PT-1800
Sunfire Prototype TGA-2375
Carver TX-2 Tuner (not used)
Logitech Squeezebox (replaced Tuner & dad's CD player)
CARVERaudio Directional RCA interconnects
RCA-Headphone jack for iPod & iPhone
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2011