FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:36 am

What are you bringing to CarverFest 2011?

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:12 pm

Alright, alright....I give.

Bill, I will be bringing the most decked out, custom modded/upgraded pair of SDA's [that we know of] on the planet. As you know, these will be set up in George's cabin [WS1] downstairs. You'll have to ask him what tube gear he's bringing because I don't know.

The Tyler Acoustics subs were custom built by Ty and they each have a 1000w plate amp in the back. They feature one 10" Seas driver [the same driver that's in the Lynbrooks I have] and are finished in I believe Rosewood. These will be featured also in George's cabin and will be paired with his modded Tyler Acoustics Taylos 7U's. Man, I can't wait to hear those!

That's all I got for you man.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Alright, alright....I give.

treitz3 wrote:Bill, I will be bringing the most decked out, custom modded/upgraded pair of SDA's [that we know of] on the planet. As you know, these will be set up in George's cabin [WS1] downstairs. You'll have to ask him what tube gear he's bringing because I don't know.

The Tyler Acoustics subs were custom built by Ty and they each have a 1000w plate amp in the back. They feature one 10" Seas driver [the same driver that's in the Lynbrooks I have] and are finished in I believe Rosewood. These will be featured also in George's cabin and will be paired with his modded Tyler Acoustics Taylos 7U's. Man, I can't wait to hear those!

That's all I got for you man.

Thanks, I just discovered somehow gremlins ate all I had saved so I have to start over anyway.
Why is PM so hard for you guys to do ?
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:26 pm

Re: What are you bringing to CarverFest 2011?

In response to Tom's post,,the plan for the SDA's will be a Quicksilver GLA 40 watt tube amp with the Shuguang Black Treasure 6CA7's,,,,probabally a Dared SL200 pre(heavily modded) and a Jolida JD 100(modded),,now for the Tyler 7U's,, either a pair of Quicksilver M-80 monobloc's,,or a pair of modded VTL mono 100's(depends if I receive the VTL's in time from the modder),,and maybe a Beacon III pre-amp.
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:23 pm

wow. i don't know 100% other than the jolida cd at this point.the rest is still up in the air.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:43 pm

Zoot Horn wrote:In response to Tom's post,,the plan for the SDA's will be a Quicksilver GLA 40 watt tube amp with the Shuguang Black Treasure 6CA7's,,,,probabally a Dared SL200 pre(heavily modded) and a Jolida JD 100(modded),,now for the Tyler 7U's,, either a pair of Quicksilver M-80 monobloc's,,or a pair of modded VTL mono 100's(depends if I receive the VTL's in time from the modder),,and maybe a Beacon III pre-amp.

Zoot-
Which sound better? The Quicksilvers or the VTL's (in stock form- since you have not heard it with the mods yet)
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:24 pm

VTL's

The Quicksilver's are "faster" and are very well built.The VTL's,,can be "fineky",,as with all vintage gear,just have a way of sucking you in to their sound.My VTL's are 20 years old and I was planning on having them back by now,,but thats not the case,the trannies are being re-potted into a new chassis/wiring/etc.There is some magic with the VTL mid-range--now with the quickies,,I'm gonna tweak the bias up a tad and see if they get a little more "bloomy".Just my .02.
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:11 am

I look forward to hearing either of them at the Fest!
Thanks!
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:03 am

Any interest?

I had mentioned before that I might be bringing a Musical Fidelity A3cr amplifier. I see no need to bring it, unless someone is actually interested in hearing it. It is not a common ground amplifier, so it will not work with SDA's. It is the most linear amplifier I have heard to date and if there is no interest, I'll just bring it to CF when Sparky III is completed.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:08 pm

Musical Fidelity A3 series is good stuff! :D
<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:43 am

I may bring my bang & olufsen beogram 1700 turntable to the fest to auction off to the highest bidder!! bought new in 1981 and has not been out of the box since 1996 or so........ paid about $400 for it back then, dont know if anyone would be interested in it but could always put it in the mix if someone would like too!! :-) dont think I will ever use it as would be too much of of pain to mess with vinyl in my mancave/garage!!
Carver M-4.0t & Rollandized tfm42, ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A & JBL L96,s Modified JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carverfest vacuum tube amp & Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Carver AL3 amazing speakers in natural oak & Douglas connection cables
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:55 am

my newest ribbons. i will be bringing them. have to finish them first though.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:19 pm

I am still thinking about what gear to bring ! Does anyone want me to hear my Walsh 5's this year? I know some of you heard them two years ago when I had them!
Attachments
Carverfest09 093.JPG
Eddie's Walsh5's
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:38 pm

Good reads, but if it ain't a final decision and PMed to me as such, might not make the cabin brochures for CARVER FEST 2011. I got to assemble this and get it to a printer. I enjoy it ALL, but football season starts September. My mind will be focused in a new direction by then. My guess is if they are not PMed by then, it means you don't want to be included, and have a secret surprise. I am good with that.
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Eddie wrote:I am still thinking about what gear to bring ! Does anyone want me to hear my Walsh 5's this year? I know some of you heard them two years ago when I had them!

I DO!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:45 pm

kingman wrote:
Eddie wrote:I am still thinking about what gear to bring ! Does anyone want me to hear my Walsh 5's this year? I know some of you heard them two years ago when I had them!

I DO!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Eddie,

Me too. My first set of high end speakers that I heard in the early 70's were Ohm's, either F or G's, don't remember. Boy, they sounded like no other speaker I had ever heard before. Way out of this college kid's price range, so I bought the Dynaco A-25 for $120/pair instead.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2011