It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:15 am

Carerfest etiquette....

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:10 am

Carerfest etiquette....

While we all can appreciate an audio get together, such as Carverfest, this thread is for the discussion of the etiquette expected by all attending members. These are not rules, no fine will be placed upon you and you will not be shot if what is expected of you does not happen. That said, there is nothing preventing anybody from throwing someone off the side of the mountain if common courtesy and proper etiquette are not adhered to while at the event.

What will be discussed in this thread will eventually be condensed, put into nice words and posted in the "Carverfest Reference" locked forum so that what's expected can be reviewed quickly by anyone prior to attending. While there has been no real issues at the event, some things put forth before everybody gets there will not only make it a more pleasurable experience for those that attend, it will also help those that helped to make this event what it is.

Please refrain from personal attacks, putting someone on the spot or pointing fingers at anybody. That is not the point of this thread. Other than that, any and all input is welcome....

A few things that have been discussed so far;

No setting of drinks on ANY stereo equipment. Preferably nowhere close to it [within a 3' radius, preferably], as shit can happen.

ASK before touching anybody's rig or vinyl, CD's, etc.

If someone posts signs on their equipment about what to do or NOT do; HEED THEM.

DO NOT move or alter anybody's gear period. If you think it will sound better by changing something, ask first.

Treat others better than you would want to be treated.

Political and/or religious discussions should be avoided at all costs.

If you see something that needs to be done for the benefit of greater good? Offer a helping hand. You don't need to ask to help out.

Proper disposal of cigars/cigarette butts. Don't be "that guy". Tread lightly or you can throw them at will once you hit the bottom of the mountain. If you are caught doing this, you will not be invited back to Carverfest, period. That clear enough for you? BTW, there have been no violations of this so far in the years we have held Carverfest.

Meals are provided but service is not. Please clean up after yourself at all times, especially after eating. We are not your personal maids.

Lend a helping hand if one of the chef's request it. <<<< HUGE help!!!

Be like Roy [engtaz]. 8) =D>

A friendly reminder that this is an audio event before anything. While I know that this is a vacation for many and that drinking will no doubt be involved [myself included], we respectfully ask that you refrain from drinking in gross excess. Many of you have read that last year, Bob got turned off. Not so much by the drinking itself but by the folks that showed up in Bob's [and others] presence so drunk that they couldn't carry on an intelligent conversation. Especially when this happened at 9:00 in the morning. Getting smashed is par for the course for some of us and casual drinking is par for others, then we have the folks that do not drink at all. Carverfest is supposed to be a fun event for ALL that attend, so please be respectful of ALL those who are in your surroundings. Your cooperation is appreciated by no one more than our beloved, Mr. Bob Carver.

What say you?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:33 am

Re: Carerfest etiquette....

pretty much common sense!! agree 100% dont see this as a problem for most people!! were all there to have fun together as friends !!!! :-)
Carver M-4.0t & Rollandized tfm42, ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A & JBL L96,s Modified JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carverfest vacuum tube amp & Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Carver AL3 amazing speakers in natural oak & Douglas connection cables
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:09 am

If someone posts signs on their equipment about what to do or NOT do; HEED THEM.

As you said, Tom..there should be no food or drinks within 3' of ANYONE's equipment.

& don't forget a GOOD flashlight~ :D
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

kingman

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:31 am

I think that should be SOP... =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:15 am

Carerfest etiquette....

Gary, I like your way of putting it. Added and thank you for your input.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:20 am

and once again, sugar cock has spoken.... :lol:
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:23 am

This be sugarcock duuuude!

Naw, this isn't just me. I'm just the poor sap that gets the responsibility for posting all of this stuff. ](*,)

You want to do it? :-s

<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:48 am

Tom,

I know it is a touchy subject, but you might want to include your thoughts on alcohol consumption as it relates to not wanting anyone to show up sh...t faced around Bob, etc. I know it was touched on before months ago, but maybe a soft re-iteration in this new post.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

TNRabbit

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:10 am

kingman wrote:I think that should be SOP... =D>

You'd THINK so, wouldn't you~ :rolleyes:
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:19 am

The excessive drinking...

Don, thank you for your input. This is a very important subject for us. We have provided incentives to not stay up so dog-gone late and we have provided not only breakfast but a dinner as well this year to make sure that folks at least have something in their belly before going on the "liquid diet" for the day. While this may not stop all the excessive drinking, it should help to curb it a bit. I, for one, know that Bob will be MOST appreciative of the efforts made by all concerning this.

Thanks again for your input!

<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:52 pm

TNRabbit wrote:If someone posts signs on their equipment about what to do or NOT do; HEED THEM.
:D

Last year signs may as well have been written in Swahili, they were ignored anyway. Don't be surprised if they're ignored again. Some of my gear was damaged because some individuals have no regard for other attendees property. Other than one piece that needs repair, my gear is staying home.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:44 pm

This thread has been soft edited...

Ray, what happened to your gear last year? This is the first I have heard of it. :-s

Whatever it was, I'm sorry to hear of such a thing.....

<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:36 pm

May I suggest changing that to NEVER touch anybody's rig, etc. Period.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:52 pm

F1nut wrote:

May I suggest changing that to NEVER touch anybody's rig, etc. Period.

+1 =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:53 pm

So...Did we as a group live up to the standards listed in the thread this year?
Some cool Carver stuff!
Next

Return to CARVERFEST 2011