FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:11 pm

Wilson Sophia's to be at CF this year!!!

<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:51 pm

Re: Wilson Sophia's to be at CF this year!!!

I've heard Wilsons; they are incredible, but way out of my price range.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:03 pm

Used gear heir Rabbit! :D I have seen the Watt/Puppies as low as 2200 bucks before.- patience is all it takes! I NEVER thought I would own a pair of Duntech's either- I guess the audio gods were smiling on me that day as I was the first to view the ad! =D>
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

TNRabbit

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:06 pm

If used speakers that were $20k to begin with only sell for $2200, they must not be very good....;-)
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:07 pm

Chauss wrote:Used gear heir Rabbit! :D I have seen the Watt/Puppies as low as 2200 bucks before.- patience is all it takes! I NEVER thought I would own a pair of Duntech's either- I guess the audio gods were smiling on me that day as I was the first to view the ad! =D>

You own DUNTECHs !!! Those are incredible.

W O W !! =D> =D> =D>
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:23 pm

Did not think I would ever replace my beloved Apogee's....but - they are now retired waiting to go back in their boxes for a well deserved rest! :D

I really wanted the Sovereign's ever since I heard them back in 1986....there were a pair for sale recently, but they were gone when I got time to look at them- and they guy lives right in my hometown! THOSE are PHENOMINAL speakers!!!
They may have been too much for my listening room anyways. Some say the Crown Prince is a better overall speaker (probably only those that own the Crown Prince's) :lol: I am loving these just the same...now I need to work on room acoustics!
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:27 pm

TNRabbit wrote:If used speakers that were $20k to begin with only sell for $2200, they must not be very good....;-)

I guess it depends on how badly the seller wants money in pocket and where he is located geographically... :D I can tell you they were not on Audiogon...otherwise you would have only seen SOLD being the second person to look at the ad. :shock:
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:31 pm

Chauss wrote:Did not think I would ever replace my beloved Apogee's....but - they are now retired waiting to go back in their boxes for a well deserved rest! :D

I really wanted the Sovereign's ever since I heard them back in 1986....there were a pair for sale recently, but they were gone when I got time to look at them- and they guy lives right in my hometown! THOSE are PHENOMINAL speakers!!!
They may have been too much for my listening room anyways. Some say the Crown Prince is a better overall speaker (probably only those that own the Crown Prince's) :lol: I am loving these just the same...now I need to work on room acoustics!

Post the picture of them in the "list your system" thread Chauss. Stop teasing these guys, they want to drool!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:39 pm

I will eventually....I need to get some spikes for them to get them level and redo the grill clothes first. They are passable, but not to my standards yet. Of course looks have absolutely NOTHING to do with the beautiful sounds they make! :D =D> =D>

Update....I went ahead and posted a pic anyways. Someone said to me "without pics it doesn't count". :D
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:03 pm

Update...

Well, I have some bad news. I unexpectedly rec'd a message that basically said that the Wilson's will not be coming to Carverfest. What a damned bummer, man. I don't know whether to be pissed off or just disappointed. They mentioned something about the amount of people coming and the probability of damage with the length of travel to get there. Whatever. They could have told me that at the beginning and I could have just contacted Wilson directly or tried another source.

I do know that I have a bad taste in my mouth from this, though. Sorry fellas. I tried my best.

](*,)
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:35 pm

Re: Update...

treitz3 wrote:Well, I have some bad news. I unexpectedly rec'd a message that basically said that the Wilson's will not be coming to Carverfest. What a damned bummer, man. I don't know whether to be pissed off or just disappointed. They mentioned something about the amount of people coming and the probability of damage with the length of travel to get there. Whatever. They could have told me that at the beginning and I could have just contacted Wilson directly or tried another source.

I do know that I have a bad taste in my mouth from this, though. Sorry fellas. I tried my best.

](*,)

Tom.

Thats a bummer, Wilson Sophia's are real nice speakers and I was looking forward to listing to them for an extended time
not just 5/10 mins at a HiFi show.

If I was not so far away, I would bring my B&W 802D's down, but with the weight (159lbs ea) and other things, it is not possible.
When I was looking for my B$W's I found a pair in Toronto (350 miles away) that I could demo, I never went I did not go ended up
picking up a set of 802D's

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

beemers417

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:42 pm

BillD wrote:Don't have James help you move them!

That was just wrong! #-o
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:58 pm

Boy, you dredged that one up from the past!
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

kingman

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:16 pm

Re: Update...

treitz3 wrote:Well, I have some bad news. I unexpectedly rec'd a message that basically said that the Wilson's will not be coming to Carverfest. What a damned bummer, man. I don't know whether to be pissed off or just disappointed. They mentioned something about the amount of people coming and the probability of damage with the length of travel to get there. Whatever. They could have told me that at the beginning and I could have just contacted Wilson directly or tried another source.

](*,)

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:35 pm

I do believe that my official statement at this point is that I'm not disappointed. I'm pissed off. This was a done deal to these ears from what I heard. 2 weeks to go?......

Lord help me please........ [-o<
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:21 pm

Re:

treitz3 wrote:I do believe that my official statement at this point is that I'm not disappointed. I'm pissed off. This was a done deal to these ears from what I heard. 2 weeks to go?......

Lord help me please........ [-o<

Damned, need my deposit back. Now this entire CF looks like a bummer if we just have to count on junk designed by Bob Carver to entertain and amaze us at CARVERFEST -- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2011