FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:27 am

Wilson Sophia's to be at CF this year!!!

<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:17 am

Re: Wilson Sophia's to be at CF this year!!!

It sure is a bad thing when a promise is broken. I was looking forward to listening to them.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

ekog

TFM-6cb

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:16 am

I’m Surprised if I was selling high end speakers I would want to take them to an event exactly like Carverfest even if it was for just one day. Where else are you going to get a large group of people of spending lots of money on Audio Equipment all in one place at the same time? Sounds to me like someone’s being lazy and doesn’t want to make the effort or just isn’t using their business head.
Main System Setup:
Pre: Carver C2 | Amp: Carver M-500t|Equilizer: Sansui SE99|Speakers: Polk SDA2’s
Source: Tuner: Carver TX-2| Phono: Technics SL-1210 MkII with a Ortofon VMS 20E Mk II| DirecTV DVR | Pioneer HLD-X9 Laserdisc player | Samsung DVD/VHS player

Second System Setup:
Receiver: Yamaha RXV867| Fronts: Klipsch F-30's |Sub: Klipsch SW-112
Source: Radio |Internet/Network | Sony CDP-70 CD player
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:11 am

It is quite a different scenario to take gear to an audio show (where sales force for the store will be present) than it is to "loan" gear to someone to demo at an audio gathering.....that being said- TOM,,,,,you suck!!! :lol: j/k - thanks for trying to arrange this for us. Maybe the store owners saw the post on Bob / Toy's new line stage speakers and were afraid the Sophhia's would pale in comparison! \:D/ =D> =D> =D> \:D/
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:14 am

Chauss wrote:It is quite a different scenario to take gear to an audio show (where sales force for the store will be present) than it is to "loan" gear to someone to demo at an audio gathering.....that being said- TOM,,,,,you suck!!! :lol: j/k - thanks for trying to arrange this for us. Maybe the store owners saw the post on Bob / Toy's new line stage speakers and were afraid the Sophhia's would pale in comparison! \:D/ =D> =D> =D> \:D/

=D> =D> =D>
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Snoop65

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:19 am

Re: Re:

OconeeOrange wrote:
treitz3 wrote:I do believe that my official statement at this point is that I'm not disappointed. I'm pissed off. This was a done deal to these ears from what I heard. 2 weeks to go?......

Lord help me please........ [-o<

Damned, need my deposit back. Now this entire CF looks like a bummer if we just have to count on junk designed by Bob Carver to entertain and amaze us at CARVERFEST -- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

Snoop65

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:22 am

Chauss wrote:It is quite a different scenario to take gear to an audio show (where sales force for the store will be present) than it is to "loan" gear to someone to demo at an audio gathering.....that being said- TOM,,,,,you suck!!! :lol: j/k - thanks for trying to arrange this for us. Maybe the store owners saw the post on Bob / Toy's new line stage speakers and were afraid the Sophhia's would pale in comparison! \:D/ =D> =D> =D> \:D/

Bob Carver does have the habit of embarrassing other audio makers!!! \:D/ =D> \:D/ =D> \:D/ =D> \:D/ =D>
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:46 pm

Well, surprising turn of events. I received yet another call. This time from Wilson speaker company, inquiring about the 'fest. I was on the phone with them for about a half an hour telling them all about what it is that we do up here in the mountains of North Carolina. The end result is that we are right back where we started. The gentleman I chatted with said that he is going to go the marketing department to see if one of the dealer network folks can hook us up with the speakers.

We are unsure at this point if there is enough time to make this happen this year or not. He said that he will try his best and I told him that if we cannot do it this year because of time constraints, then next year would be fine. So, the Wilsons are back on the drawing board right now. When I know something more, you all will be the first to know. Keep your fingers crossed.

[-o<
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:19 pm

Re:

treitz3 wrote:Well, surprising turn of events. I received yet another call. This time from Wilson speaker company, inquiring about the 'fest. I was on the phone with them for about a half an hour telling them all about what it is that we do up here in the mountains of North Carolina. The end result is that we are right back where we started. The gentleman I chatted with said that he is going to go the marketing department to see if one of the dealer network folks can hook us up with the speakers.

We are unsure at this point if there is enough time to make this happen this year or not. He said that he will try his best and I told him that if we cannot do it this year because of time constraints, then next year would be fine. So, the Wilsons are back on the drawing board right now. When I know something more, you all will be the first to know. Keep your fingers crossed.

[-o<

Tom.

That sounds GREAT, hope it gets worked out for this year.

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:30 pm

I would love to hear them too.

Perhaps the people at Wilson realize that we are talking about 50 fanatical people who have traveled great distances and spared no expense to experience sonic bliss. This, I believe would be their target customer.

As for me I would like to see how they compare not only to Bob's newest speakers but to the Amazings which to me are still Amazing!!

See you in two weeks.
<<

kingman

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:43 pm

If Wilson made 1 sale from seeing and hearing these directly or word of mouth it would be worth their investment risk. 8-[
Last edited by kingman on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

TNRabbit

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:51 pm

frankieD wrote:I would love to hear them too.

Perhaps the people at Wilson realize that we are talking about 50 fanatical people who have traveled great distances and spared no expense to experience sonic bliss. This, I believe would be their target customer.

As for me I would like to see how they compare not only to Bob's newest speakers but to the Amazings which to me are still Amazing!!

See you in two weeks.

Frankie, Wilsons are incredible. I'm very interested in a head-to-head with Carver & Polk speakers....
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:52 pm

Let alone a Google path for everyone to find reviews on them.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:09 pm

Well, I have confirmed that a pair of the rare, esoteric Carver Silver Seven tube amplifiers will be available at Carverfest to power these Wilson Sophia III's. Don't say anything to anybody 8-[ but MIT is also in the works to connect it all together. If MIT can make it happen as well, these will be hooked up to cables that cost more than the speaker itself.

My Dodd custom MLP tubed pre can top it off, all we would need to present to Wilson would be the source(s) to convince them that we are dead serious about having them featured. As of right now, the offer is still on the table and hopes are high. I just hope that the folks that are not near a Wilson Audio dealer have the chance to hear what it is that some of us have had the pleasure to listen too. They truly are a fine audio speaker.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:26 pm

Tom are you talking to a dealer or the mfg! If it is the dealer I would make it know to all to bypass them from now on!!!!!!!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:35 pm

Right now, I'm in contact with the actual manufacturer of the speaker itself. Wilson Audio. I can't go any higher than that. I have to give my friends at Audio Advice props....they forwarded my number to the one person at Wilson Audio that can actually make this happen. I thank them tremendously for that.

PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2011