FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:26 am

The Carverfest Knights

<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:43 am

Re: "The remote"

treitz3 wrote:First off, George Daniels is a stand up guy. Always straight forward, blunt, helpful, willing to offer experience and a living, breathing and still walking encyclopedia of music. Never, not even once had I had experience with him messin' around with someone.

So, we are at Carverfest and I had popped a tube or something like that earlier on in the day and we had just gotten over fixing Sparky and started to listen again. From what I remember, all was well until I went to go change the music selection. I went and put in the new selection, hit play and adjusted the volume to where it would sound optimal. I turned around and started to explain what the new music selection was and some things about it when I noticed that the sound started to fade away.

Fuck me, we had just gotten the system back up. So, I went to go troubleshoot and found everything was A-OK. So, we tried it again and the sound faded yet again. Man, I was baffled because I did not know why the sound kept fading. Checked everything again and all was well, so we tried it again. This time I noticed it was the volume knob dropping by itself!

George had the remote, offered troubleshooting tips, kept a straight face and was fucking with me the whole time. #-o

Lil' bastard.

Make sure that remote is laying around somewhere visible. Good one George! :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:59 am

Re: The Carverfest Knights

I'm sorry to say but I was laughing my *ss off because George was showing me what he was doing and I was trying to hold in the laughter. I about died it was sooooooooo funny.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:10 pm

I could not resist,,just knowing that Tom was in pure agony was worth it,,truth be told,,the Dodd is a piece of gear that I am very familiar with,and that was my way of paying him back for the "tweeter breakup" that he had me guessing about the year before at the fest with my little Tyler's that I was so proud of.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Oh, dear.....

George, I swear to God mighty himself that the L speaker had an issue. Only 3 folks at the 'fest heard it but it was seriously there. There was an issue. It was so obvious to me that I could not enjoy the music. Others, not so much to no problem at all. You know I love's ya' bro' but I will swear on my mother's life that you DID have an issue with that speaker.

:-s

I know what I heard and after I pointed it out, two other folks heard the same thing and described what they heard the same way. Joking aside, I'm dead serious. No joke, I'm not pulling any legs [years later] and I'm not lying or even so much as rubbing the truth in any kind of skewed way. That speaker had an issue and as mentioned before, it was so obvious to me that it was impossible for me to listen to the music, let alone enjoy it to the point to where I was even close to tapping my toes to the great music you were playing.

You remember me pointing it out beat by beat whenever it happened? Only then, were the two other folks that heard it able to point it out. Point being, that the issue was there. No joke, no lie, no deceiving one of the greatest members of this forum....along with a great friend of mine.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:14 pm

well,, they are gone now,,and I'm bringing an Otoscope this year to check your ears. :lol:

perhaps mine,lol
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:23 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
engtaz

C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:32 pm

Yeah, yeah, yeah......

Alright, on to the next question.....on the signature of one of the attendees last year, there is a quote.

I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

Who said it? Brock, you can not answer this one. :-$
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:14 am

Jerry
engtaz

<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:23 am

Sounds like maybe Frankie!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:38 pm

Brock
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

angeline3177

Newbie 50+

Location: 7 min's south of ATL. Motor Speedway, Griffin, Georgia

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:16 pm

BROCK!!!!!!!!
"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and sometimes hard to handle. But if you cant handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best" NIKI
<<

AlexSauter

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:29 pm

Lol, that HAD to be Tom himself!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
RIP BillD
BillD wrote:Well, some people are glass half empty people and some are glass half full. Being an engineer, I just think the glass is the wrong size.

My system (sitting in the garage):

(Stereo System)
Modified Carver AL III+'s (Pushed into the corners to make room for the ALS speakers)
Modified CarverFest 2011 20w tube amplifier
Carver Pro PT-1800
Sunfire Prototype TGA-2375
Carver TX-2 Tuner (not used)
Logitech Squeezebox (replaced Tuner & dad's CD player)
CARVERaudio Directional RCA interconnects
RCA-Headphone jack for iPod & iPhone
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:30 pm

AlexSauter wrote:Lol, that HAD to be Tom himself!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was second guess!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:56 pm

Alright, I'll come clean.......I actually have no freakin' clue who said that. With the crowd we had last year, it could have been almost anybody. Brock, hold off until tomorrow to post who actually said this so that other folks can take a stab at it...

BTW, which Tom? :-s

<<

AlexSauter

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:39 pm

treitz3 wrote:Alright, I'll come clean.......I actually have no freakin' clue who said that. With the crowd we had last year, it could have been almost anybody. Brock, hold off until tomorrow to post who actually said this so that other folks can take a stab at it...

BTW, which Tom? :-s

You!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
RIP BillD
BillD wrote:Well, some people are glass half empty people and some are glass half full. Being an engineer, I just think the glass is the wrong size.

My system (sitting in the garage):

(Stereo System)
Modified Carver AL III+'s (Pushed into the corners to make room for the ALS speakers)
Modified CarverFest 2011 20w tube amplifier
Carver Pro PT-1800
Sunfire Prototype TGA-2375
Carver TX-2 Tuner (not used)
Logitech Squeezebox (replaced Tuner & dad's CD player)
CARVERaudio Directional RCA interconnects
RCA-Headphone jack for iPod & iPhone
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2010