FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:19 pm

CARVERFEST audio guide

<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:34 pm

CARVERFEST audio guide

The Carver Fest Cabin audio mapbook is not working out.
I only got two PMs with info. Trying to pick out info about different cabin systems from the constantly changing thread is too much. The guide does not seem to be something many care about. If yall don't care, I don't care. =;

I can understand that as even my own tiny junk changed last week when I blew out a woofer on an AudioEngine speaker I was bringing. Staying with the program, I have upgraded that for CF. If anyone needs an excellent tiny system for their work place or etc, all mine is for sale or trade.

As to the guide, I guess we will all just have to stumble around and be surprised when the door opens as to what we will find. :(

As to the junk I am bringing ->

music server - Acer Netbook
dac - Ching Chong tube Dac
pre - AricAudio (good or bad, I have the only one ever made)
amp - Carver 400t (excellent, tiny, overlooked Carver amp)
speakers - Def Tec 1000 http://www.definitivetech.com/Products/products.aspx?path=Bookshelf%20Speakers&productid=ProMonitor%201000
sub - Def Tec SuperCube III http://www.definitivetech.com/Products/products.aspx?path=Subwoofers&productid=SuperCube%20III
interface - 26" monitor (or if Mike tells me there is an rga plug - the TV)
cables - Blue Jeans (good solid cables at a fair price)

This is a tiny system. It sounds large. It will not sound large like the other incredible systems that will be in Cabin #5, but will surprise. Retail it might cost around 4K and used like us poor boys buy, much, much less, not counting the thousands of tunes of course. :lol:
The plus of it all (besides the great sound) is the convent access to over 25K songs that only computer type servers can deliver. Playing just a song, or just an album can be good. This system can do that quickly, or pull up all from an artist or even a genre with just a couple mouse clicks. It can play it in order, or my favorite on many things - "shuffle". I am not bringing my audio dedicated home computer/server as this low $$ netbook is very good, and will show what can be done on the cheap.
I would put the sound quality at close to any moderately high end digital server, and above most when, with just two interconnects, it can be hooked into Gary's high end system using his BenchMark. That will be fun to hear and compare my computer based albums against his (and my) SACDs.

The biggest advantage of a system like this is tiny size and convenience. There are many, many music players out there, and I want to show you why I like WinAmp and for some, how an audiophile (not me) might want to set it up.
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:50 am

Re: CARVERFEST audio guide

I'm sorry to hear the guide will not become reality....

](*,) ](*,)
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:52 am

Jerry does a porch system and I would love to hear yours.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:18 am

I'm bringing my humble little bookshelf's again this year,,with a Dared tubed pre and a little tube amp--40 watts,,certainly nothing spectacular like the other folks,,but it get's me thru.
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:39 am

Until you build your Carverfest tube amp. :D
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:43 am

TNRabbit wrote:I'm sorry to hear the guide will not become reality....

](*,) ](*,)

X2. Thanks for the idea and offer. Sorry it didn't come to fruition.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.

Return to CARVERFEST 2011