FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:34 am

High line voltage issues at Carverfest

<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:06 pm

Re: High line voltage issues at Carverfest

I could bring my new Monster power thing (if it arrives in time), but apparently Mike has Cabin 5 under control - =D> =D> =D>

Mike, how did you get on the WWW?
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:48 pm

Watershed cabins are providing apc units to cabins. They are at Cabin 12.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:04 pm

I have a verizon card for the internet, or I use some one's comp
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:41 pm

To OO..........

OO, the only TV in WS5 with the jack you were talking about is the LR TV. All others are tube TV's. As for the WWW, count on Mike. It seems that in all cabins, it's sketchy at best so we are all in the same boat. Somehow we make it work, though. We'll see you soon, man!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:02 pm

Thanks for the power issue update. I think we will still bring down the Tice and my APC S15 since they are already packed somewhere in my truck. :lol:
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:12 pm

Sweet
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Magic_Physicist

TFM-6cb

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:41 am

Well most of us here in the Great NW have Puget Sound Energy aka Puget Sound Power & Light.......unless PUD tries to take over.....like where I live on the Oly Peninsula.

Puget Power has replaced Carver equipment for me back in the late 80's when I got a power surge here........umm....I claimed to use a power strip :^o

I learned decades ago that the 130 volt incandescent light bulbs lasted much longer than the average 120's

I have been known to mess around with electricity since 1962 (ok I was 4yrs old then but...)

Some of you locals (Snohomish and Woodinville) have been around PSP&L most of their life I imagine.

My Dad got me hooked back in 1962 (he lives in Cathcart/aka Snohomish) and he was the Head of System Operations at Puget Power until he retired and my grandfather also worked there until he retired.

The Renton Plant and the very old Puget Power Steam Plant.....and all the rest is where I grew up looking at walls of power :D

Of course us Puget Power family members went to Lake Tapps since the days when there were no houses near the lake (just some old cabins)

Funny thing right at my feet while I am typing this is the oscilloscope my Dad made in 1962 and the little power supply that I made the mistake of grabbing to get the shock I will never forget.

But hell this must be what got me to buy SpeakerLab kits and Phase Linear machines when I was in HS many decades ago 8)

BTW I hope you east coast CF members are having fun.

It is 3:40am here and I have my window open next to me and I don't hear a thing coming from your tube amps and ALS's :lol:

Turn in up man!

ImageImageImage
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:46 am

Hey Magic,

For those of us old geezers that use the "original" light blue background, your posts are in white text and we can't read them. At least, that is the way it is on my screen. :rolleyes:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:45 am

Tom,

Can you have them run 130 VAC to Cabin 5? I'm sure my Sunfire Sig would KICK ASS at that voltage~ 8) 8) :lol: 8) 8)
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Magic_Physicist

TFM-6cb

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:59 pm

Don wrote:Hey Magic,

For those of us old geezers that use the "original" light blue background, your posts are in white text and we can't read them. At least, that is the way it is on my screen. :rolleyes:

I used to have mine set to use the old version and then a few weeks ago that wasn't working and I just get the black screen version now.....which btw made it impossible to read the blue text I see here now.

So I swipe over the text with my pointer so I can see wtf is there :)
Black background is not a good idea (I have made several websites with bbcode and html over the years)

(gawd I previewed my red text and it looks like crap on the black background too)

ImageImageImage
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:07 pm

I am with Don, like the blue.
I find that I tend to get too aggressive posting with the black screen - - :evil: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:26 pm

Magic_Physicist wrote:
Don wrote:Hey Magic,

I used to have mine set to use the old version and then a few weeks ago that wasn't working and I just get the black screen version now.....which btw made it impossible to read the blue text I see here now.

So I swipe over the text with my pointer so I can see wtf is there :)
Black background is not a good idea (I have made several websites with bbcode and html over the years)

(gawd I previewed my red text and it looks like crap on the black background too)

Much better. Before with the white text, you could tell us off we would never know it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
Previous

Return to CARVERFEST 2011