It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:02 pm

FRIDAY NIGHT CARVER PARTY

<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue May 03, 2011 5:28 pm

I thought I better start on the playlist.
It needs to be mostly video. (How are those TVs up there?)

I guess there will some from the Michigan area or states there about. Yall don't have a Marshall Tucker or Lynyrd Skynyrd, so Kid Rock will have to do. This boy from Detroit rocks. I just watched a DVD of him and I am adding this song to the video playlist. Yea, this sounds like crap on utube, but extremely better from a DVD. Rabbit's Carvers will rock your world with this. The guy goes back and hits some Lynyrd licks. All know those. The yankee crowd is soon ready to board the bus to 'Bama. He ain't got much of a voice, but his attitude is almost to the "MICK" level.

Someone always seems to show up to carry on R&R over what ever is popular at the time. (think Tom Petty).

The guy is ALL AMERICAN --

<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue May 03, 2011 5:38 pm

Re: FRIDAY NIGHT CARVER PARTY

Prince! [-o< [-o< [-o<

[-X [-X [-X :lol: :lol: :lol:
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue May 03, 2011 5:43 pm

elgrau wrote:Prince! [-o< [-o< [-o<

[-X [-X [-X :lol: :lol: :lol:

FUCK that old funk guy, we are talking about the new generation that does ROCK - =; =;
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue May 03, 2011 6:09 pm

For you guys from the left coast - there are so many good acts I could add to the playlist, and I will.

(Unless you are staying in Cabin #5 you get no input - Feel free to walk out if bored.)

I like so many left coast acts that it is hard to choose for you guys who will travel so far to visit my mountains. My favorite might be Dwight Yoakum these days. So expect that. The guy is a dead on performer, best played really LOUD. \:D/ He is just excellent in a small venue show, but has rarely toured. Is he Rock or Country? Actually he is jazzed up Buck Owens and that is hard to top. Pretty much if he has released it - I bought it.

Probably go with, YOU DON'T KNOW ME BUT YOU DON'T LIKE ME", and a few more.

Here is one us Clowns like:

Here is one that still makes me want to get drunk as I remember the bitch that -> !!! That song may have saved my sanity at the time.

<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue May 03, 2011 7:31 pm

don't expect a 42 inch plasma in the cabins,,my cabin sports a 27 inch old school tv,, some have flat screens,,however they are not large by any means, At my age-- my minimum requirement is sbout 50,, cause my eyes are really old and tired,, however when it comes to volume,, crank it up please. =D>
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue May 03, 2011 7:40 pm

Zoot Horn wrote:don't expect a 42 inch plasma in the cabins,,my cabin sports a 27 inch old school tv,, some have flat screens,,however they are not large by any means, At my age-- my minimum requirement is sbout 50,, cause my eyes are really old and tired,, however when it comes to volume,, crank it up please. =D>

Rabbit will be in charge of volume.
My job is good chicken and cold beer.
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:59 pm

Gary will be in charge of all music, I don't know if he has Kid Rock like above, but maybe he will play a LS tune for me at some point. Gary has the incredible system and the tunes. To fill in, I can add 30,000 of the older tunes for guys like me and Dave. This might not rise to audiophile level unless we can get everyone seated properly with a promise they will not move. #-o
What the hell, let's just mingle, meet and party on Friday night. We can do the audiophile thing when the the Sun rises. :lol:

Sorry, no chicken, but you guys will already have been fed by experts in the past hour.

There will be great hot dogs for snacks, and also some snacks. These dogs will be "OO" style. That means a good quality all beef dog with my Bride's thick, home made, hot dog, tail gate chilli. I like to add onions, Texas Pete, spicy mustard, and hot banana peppers on top. Plenty will be available for you to try the "Oconee" style if you are up for it, or you can build them as you see fit. Try at least one "Oconee".

We will have beer, home made wine, Rebel Yell and Tequila. (sit nothing on the pool table please) Also, there will be plenty of Pepsi One for me and Bob. (Time Bob experimented a little :D )

We will need a time table. Let's start when you get there Friday night and end by Clemson kick off on Sat at 12:30.

The cost will be "$0.0". We might have a raffle, but if we do, tickets will be free.

p/s the Kid Rock video and many others will be available. I know Don likes music videos as do I.
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:05 pm

OconeeOrange wrote:My job is good chicken and cold beer.

Bill.

I see you get the good job :) :) :)

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:43 am

I absolutely CANNOT STAND Dwight Yoakum.

That said, I'll spin one or two, but only for you, Bill~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:02 am

TNRabbit wrote:I absolutely CANNOT STAND Dwight Yoakum.

That said, I'll spin one or two, but only for you, Bill~

He was good as Doyle Hargraves in Slingblade!!!!! :lol:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:39 pm

That was him?? LOVE that goddamn movie! I don't like "retard" movies in general...just too retarded... :lol: . But Slingblade is a true classic and Thorton and everyone else is just brillant in this movie. I especially love the final scenes where Karl is sharpening the lawn mower blade and then 'splaining how he's fix'in to kill Doyle to his face and how does he call the po-lice, etc. If ever there was a "bad guy" who deserved to be killed, it was Doyle! :lol: Even liked the part played by John Ritter..... :lol:
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.

Return to CARVERFEST 2011