FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:43 am

2011 Carverfest Itinerary

<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:38 am

2011 Carverfest Itinerary

This year, we will be doing another Q & A session with Bob. We have planned this for Saturday, as most of the folks who are attending will be there that day. So, that said...here's the newest itinerary ["each system tour"] excluded.

Wednesday [10:00AM] will be the soldering class. **Subject to change to Thursday night @8:00PM.

Thursday [2:00PM-completed] will be the official "test" between the original and copy.

All day Friday, starting at 10:00AM will be the tube amp build, followed by a "party" at WS5.

Saturday at 10:00AM will be the Q & A session with Bob, followed by the cable swap workshop.
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:40 am

Re: 2011 Carverfest Itinerary

First off, those that are attending? 10.00 per person/per day.....everyday you or your friends attend. No exceptions. This includes breakfast, leftovers for lunch [doubt it will be needed] and a dinner. It varies everyday but what you will get in return is nothing you will get for the same price within a 100 mile square radius....if you would like to even drive that far to get it.

Friday - Lobster Bisque [Ray?] or bring your own shit.

Saturday - James [Toymaker] will be cooking some off the hook Chicken Parmesan that Ray can't even cook right yet. As well as a ham hat Eddie is bringing that only needs to be heated.

Sunday - Ray is our bitch. Menu coming as soon as he gets off his ass.

Monday - Same thing. Ray is our bitch. Menu coming as soon as he gets off his ass.

Tuesday - 1/2 a batch of Brat's [frenchguy]as well as chicken kabobs [Angelod], chicken and rice, lemon chicken and potatoes. Eddie's second ham will be heated for those that enjoy ham for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Wednesday - Chicken Penne Maria [James]

Thursday - Well, this is up in the air as Tom, Tom and Eddie seem to be keeping this a secret. [Bastards] ....and the other half of Brat's from [frenchguy]. So far, 3 slabs of off the hook ribs, and a brisquette....possibly chicken.....more to come.

Friday - Chicken BBQ [Tom, Jerry, Niki] , Wedding soup [GeorgeD...even though his wife gets the credit...and the lovely Janice, his wife] Tomato soup [Magnaryder] that you don't want to knock until you try it and of course, Ray's legendary Lobster bisque.

Saturday - Lasagne [James]......this is the recipe that the cook Ray was trying to get, if that tells you anything!

Sunday - Leftovers of all of the great stuff we ate. Trust me, this is not a bad thing. Most would need to have a personal chef to enjoy this stuff on a good day. Eat up!!!

Except for the first Sunday and Monday? Breakfast will be served in WS6.
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:55 am

Thanks Mike for the cut and paste.

For everyone's info, the soldering class has been confirmed by Tom to be Thursday night at 8pm.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

angeline3177

Newbie 50+

Location: 7 min's south of ATL. Motor Speedway, Griffin, Georgia

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:41 am

Thank GOD the class is Thursday. I was really wanting to attend & thought I was gna miss it.
"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and sometimes hard to handle. But if you cant handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best" NIKI
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:09 pm

angeline3177 wrote:Thank GOD the class is Thursday. I was really wanting to attend & thought I was gna miss it.

+1
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:07 pm

mbskeam wrote:This year, we will be doing another Q & A session with Bob. We have planned this for Saturday, as most of the folks who are attending will be there that day. So, that said...here's the newest itinerary ["each system tour"] excluded.

Wednesday [10:00AM] will be the soldering class. **Subject to change to Thursday night @8:00PM.

Thursday [2:00PM-completed] will be the official "test" between the original and copy.

All day Friday, starting at 10:00AM will be the tube amp build, followed by a "party" at WS5.

Saturday at 10:00AM will be the Q & A session with Bob, followed by the cable swap workshop.

I know Bob is accessible and friendly. We are the same age and I think we will hit it off. That being said, I don't know enough to ask many questions, and we have emailed each other when I needed encouragement.

To that end, my itinerary will cause me to miss the Q&A due to college football on TV. I am giving up the game "live" to visit Bob, but will need TV. I do understand we are a 50 point underdog, but I am not a band wagon fan.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:32 pm

Just a reminder to the attendees..... Breakfast at 9:00AM at WS6.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:42 pm

That;'s not true. You had it at 8 this morning. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:13 pm

Yeah, yeah, yeah..........

Eh, shit happens. ](*,)

Alright, folks that are here......dinner will be served at WS5 at 6:00PM tonight. Be there or you will be accused of being a BOSE fan. :-s
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"

Return to CARVERFEST 2011