It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:08 pm

>>>>Carverfest Lost and Found thread<<<<

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:51 am

>>>>Carverfest Lost and Found thread<<<<

With the myriad of parts, tools, DVM's, helping hands and other pieces that were strewn all over the place, this thread is for those that would like to list what things they have lost and found during unpacking. I will update the first post of this thread as often as I can so folks can see in an instant what has been located, returned, lost and found. This is not a thread to blast members or to put a negative mark on Carverfest.....if you were there, you would easily understand how this could happen. BTW, the teamwork and help offered by the members was OUTSTANDING. Definitely one for the record books! =D>

If an item costs 2 dollars or less, please do not bother listing as most folks donated this amount and more for the build. Please keep this thread on track. It is also not limited to just tools and what not for the tube amp build.

Lost -

Found -

Returned -

Anything that is lost or found, please give the best description of said item that you can. Pictures are also welcome but will not be linked to the first post in order to keep it condensed. Thanks ladies and gentleman.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:59 am

Re: >>>>Carverfest Lost and Found thread<<<<

Lost my CarverFest "canteen" - a red one, left it by my cigar box and cooler at the outdoor party, when I finally returned to the venue everything was cleaned up n gone. Also 2 x 13A extension cords and a power strip were left at cabin 5 (again #-o ) they were given back to me and I forgot them again....my bad if I do not see them again.

Found- a small pair of craftsman curved needle nose pliers were in my tool kit that I do not think are mine...did not put them there so someone cleaning up must have thought they were mine? <--- look like a VERY handy tool -these probably belong to someone that knew exactly what to bring to build the amps (ie: not a rookie like ME)--so I am guessing they belong to one of our "instructors" maybe?
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

Martin1970

TFM-25

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:48 am

I saw at least one of the power strips in Cabin 5 when I left, as well as a couple of different extension cords. James and the gang were going to go through there and gather everything that was left. They'll be your best bet on this, I think.
The pliers you have belong to Vintage Hifi. They've got someone else's pair of the Craftsmen pliers that were custom bent for a retaining ring on a motorcycle, I believe. The handles of the ones Vintage has are melted in one place. I wish I could remember who that was, sorry. I'm blaming it on the redneck wine.
Carver: ALS plat upgrades, TX-11a, C-9, C-1
Sunfire: Cinema Grand Sig 400 Seven x2
Rane: RPM88 26Z x3
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:51 am

The pliers are probably Beamers. Do they say craftsman? They melted ones were someone else's.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:11 am

Unpacking soldering items this morning. Ended up with 3 small Task force (manufacturer) items that are not mine. #-o My research shows probably purchased at Lowes. They are all small items in statue, which consist of flat nose needle nose pliers, regular wire snips and bull nose wire snips.
Last edited by Don on Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:16 am

I lost a pair of men's size 11 Rockport black leather shoes.

In 2007, I lost the calibration mic for my subwoofer.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

beemers417

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:16 am

Chauss wrote:Lost my CarverFest "canteen" - a red one, left it by my cigar box and cooler at the outdoor party, when I finally returned to the venue everything was cleaned up n gone. Also 2 x 13A extension cords and a power strip were left at cabin 5 (again #-o ) they were given back to me and I forgot them again....my bad if I do not see them again.

Found- a small pair of craftsman curved needle nose pliers were in my tool kit that I do not think are mine...did not put them there so someone cleaning up must have thought they were mine? <--- look like a VERY handy tool -these probably belong to someone that knew exactly what to bring to build the amps (ie: not a rookie like ME)--so I am guessing they belong to one of our "instructors" maybe?

If they have gray handles, they are mine. Ray, I have yours. Roy thought they may have been my missing pair.
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:59 am

Chauss wrote:Lost my CarverFest "canteen" - a red one, left it by my cigar box and cooler at the outdoor party, when I finally returned to the venue everything was cleaned up n gone. Also 2 x 13A extension cords and a power strip were left at cabin 5 (again #-o ) they were given back to me and I forgot them again....my bad if I do not see them again.

The pliers I have found are black rubber-coat handles.

Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

beemers417

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:16 pm

That be them. Gray, black... sucks getting old. :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:17 pm

LOST......My gray sweatshirt with hood and zipper front. It's going to get cold here in NY soon and I need it.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:00 pm

Grey hooded sweatshirt

Dave, you must be getting old. :-" You let me borrow it one night when it was chilly and you said I could have it. No biggie, just PM me your NY addy and I'll send it on its merry way.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

angeline3177

Newbie 50+

Location: 7 min's south of ATL. Motor Speedway, Griffin, Georgia

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:11 pm

Jerry & I have ur Red Canteen. Jerry, myself & willy cleaned up that night, it was dark & everyone had left so we grabbed everything we cld c & took it back to our place. We gave u ur cigar box. I wish u would have said something about ur canteen. I can mail it to u if u would like. I dont mind at all, just let me know.

Niki
"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and sometimes hard to handle. But if you cant handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best" NIKI
<<

angeline3177

Newbie 50+

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:19 pm

Jerry & I have two extra Carver CDs that were handed out at the hill party. Jerry, myself & Willy cleaned up that night after everyone left, so we got all the small stuff & food & took it back to our cabin to be safe. I asked Tom & he said he didnt know who they belonged too. So if u got one & left it on the hill, please send ur address to me or Jerry & I will get them mailed out. We also found 2 extra canteens but 1 has been spoken for. So we have an extra blue one. If u think its urs, send address & we will ship.
"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and sometimes hard to handle. But if you cant handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best" NIKI
<<

angeline3177

Newbie 50+

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:22 pm

DaveS wrote:LOST......My gray sweatshirt with hood and zipper front. It's going to get cold here in NY soon and I need it.

I have one of those to. Would u like me to ship u mine?!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I wouldnt want u to get cold!!
<<

beemers417

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Grey hooded sweatshirt

treitz3 wrote:Dave, you must be getting old. :-" You let me borrow it one night when it was chilly and you said I could have it. No biggie, just PM me your NY addy and I'll send it on its merry way.

Dave told me one night I can have one of his silver 1 preamps. Do you remember, Dave?
Next

Return to CARVERFEST 2011