FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:53 pm

Introducing...Bunni!

<<

Bunni

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:59 pm

Introducing...Bunni!

Hello everyone,

I'm Bunni, and I have to admit, I am not an Audio geek. However, I am married to one, and I have great respect for his geeky-ness. He is a fairly new member here as well, Anders. He just got home last night from his first Carverfest and had a truly wonderful time! He is the repair tech at Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh.

I wasn't quite sure if I'd be welcome, not being a declared audiophile myself. However, I thought something should be said for a wife who respects her husband's Vintage and Antique Radio, TV, and Audio collection so much that it is in literally every room of the house. He has over 4000 LPs, and I don't complain when he brings more home. He has turned an entire room of our house into his hobby space, and aside from leaving a path to the back door open and free, this is fine as well. I even enjoy listening to his equipment, and I totally appreciate it! I just don't know enough about it all, but I try to pick it up as I go along. As far as listening, I like my music to sound real, with little to no distortion, and if it annoys me I won't listen! My particular audiophile tendencies are basic, but he's accepted me, as I hope all of you will as well. I'm hoping being here will allow me to learn even more!

I grew up listening to my dad's collection of Choral Classics which he was very proud of, and played them so they shook the house. He hosted a radio show entitled Cantate Domino from the original WTBS in Cambridge broadcast from MIT. This was a few years before the Superstation acquired those call letters. He loved his music but his equipment was terrible. Later he was the recording engineer for a time for the Green Bay Symphony Orchestra. I still have some of these recordings on cassette that are in serious need of restoration.

Now all that being said, I am a Computer Geek. I'm even A+ certified as a Computer Technician. I've been playing with computers since my first IBM XT clone that came with nothing but a 5.25 DOS 2.1 disk. I taught myself everything from there. My hubby was an Amiga guy back when. We've both played with other computer systems before the PC experience, such as a TI-99, Comodore 64, Tandy CoCo, etc. My first modem was only 300 baud. I build, repair and upgrade computers. Troubleshooting computer problems is something I just love to do! I even do some web design, and we have a family website. The page on the site that gets the most hits, you guessed it, my husband's Radio and Audio section! It's been up since around 2003 and has survived 3 ISP changes. It's in need of updating again with the addition of more pictures of his stuff. If anyone is interested I'll post the link.

We met online in I think 1997 or so when he decided to give up his Amiga and go for a PC. We talked for three years before meeting face to face. We have been together ever since, and married in 2005. Our 6th Anniversary is coming up on Thursday.

I have a son and daughter from a previous marriage, both are Geeky as well! They've been brought up to appreciate Classical music, and as one is 17 and the other a young adult of 25, they still enjoy it! Of course since being with my husband they've been exposed to his Audiophile pressings of all kinds of music.

So that's just a little about me and my family, and again, I do hope that being female and not totally Audio, will not exclude me from the group. I leave it to all of you.

Thanks!!

Bunni
Bunni

Tim: Well, that's no ordinary rabbit.
King Arthur: Ohh.
Tim: That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!
Sir Robin: You tit! I soiled my armor I was so scared!
Tim: Look, that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!
Yeah...I'm that Bunni
<<

beemers417

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:12 pm

Re: Introducing...Bunni!

Hi,B. Welcome.
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...
<<

Martin1970

TFM-25

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:49 pm

Happy Anniversary to you and Anders. I was fortunate enough to get a chance to talk to him during the fest. It's always great to chat with someone who plays for Team Electrostat, too! Your husband is a lucky guy to have a wife that 'gets it.' And we're lucky on this forum to have you here as well. Welcome!
Carver: ALS plat upgrades, TX-11a, C-9, C-1
Sunfire: Cinema Grand Sig 400 Seven x2
Rane: RPM88 26Z x3
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:58 pm

Welcome to the site, Bunni!

Geez, with TWO rabbits here pretty soon there will be hundreds of us....
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:08 pm

Welcome to the site!
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

kingman

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:12 pm

Welcome Bunni!!!! Glad you are here and supportive of Anders. =D> =D> =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:55 pm

Welcome Bunni,, please keep Anders focused when he is troublshooting my tube amp/build. :D Welcome to the forum,,I had the pleasure of meeting Anders at the fest.
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:16 pm

Welcome to the site Bunni. Did Anders show you the Bunny Bread we found?
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:28 pm

\:D/ WELCOME BUNNI!! \:D/
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

Snoop65

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:43 pm

WELCOME! !!!!!!!!! 8)
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:18 pm

Welcome and bring the whole family next year. He will tell you it's a beautiful anniversary spot. Tell him I said thanks for coming and being helpful.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:19 pm

TNRabbit wrote:Welcome to the site, Bunni!

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Welcome Bunni!
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:46 pm

Hello and welcome to the Carver forum, Bunni. Everybody is welcome here and you will not be shunned away just because you aren't an audiophile. You enjoy music, right? Well, that's good enough for us. It was a pleasure to meet your husband and I look forward to seeing him next year.....hopefully you too! Most of the women that attend come back just because after the first Carverfest, they become family.

I look forward to your participation on the board. We'll see ya'round campus....
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Bunni

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:14 pm

beemers417 wrote:Hi,B. Welcome.

Don't I know you from somewhere? :) Thanks again for making Carverfest possible for Anders..he loved it! Thanks to BrianT too for getting him there and back safely!

TNRabbit wrote:Welcome to the site, Bunni!

We are both on the Pittsburgh Forum too..it's safe...I'm spayed! :)

Zoot Horn wrote:Welcome Bunni,, please keep Anders focused when he is troublshooting my tube amp/build. :D Welcome to the forum,,I had the pleasure of meeting Anders at the fest.

No worries, Anders is always focused when it comes to electronics.

thuffman03 wrote:Welcome to the site Bunni. Did Anders show you the Bunny Bread we found?

I thought that was from the other T, and I will treasure it always! Thanks!

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome and the kindness toward Anders..he's pretty special. I'd love to go to Carverfest next year! I have to admit, I was lurking to enjoy the photos of all that was going on, and was thrilled to see Anders arm in a pic during the amp build! lol I'm on the Vintage HiFi Forum as some of you know. Thanks again!
Bunni

Tim: Well, that's no ordinary rabbit.
King Arthur: Ohh.
Tim: That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!
Sir Robin: You tit! I soiled my armor I was so scared!
Tim: Look, that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!
Yeah...I'm that Bunni
Next

Return to "The Welcome Mat"