FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:24 pm

>>>>Carverfest Lost and Found thread<<<<

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:32 pm

beemers417 wrote:Dave told me one night I can have one of his silver 1 preamps. Do you remember, Dave?

I do recall him saying that, come to think of it........... :D
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:13 pm

Re: >>>>Carverfest Lost and Found thread<<<<

I "stole" a sharpie from Nikki and Jerry! SORRY!!!!!!... :lol: :lol: :lol:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:38 pm

The only things I'm missing so far is a set of helping hands and test leads. Not bad for all that I brought and all that was spread out throughout the cabin during the amp build. =D>

I never really used the HH and the test leads are a dime a dozen. You guys and gals rock.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:12 pm

never mind. all here and accounted for.
Last edited by angelod307 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:20 pm

Left two bags of Carolina Chips in the upper cupboard by the sink - :lol: :lol:
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:38 am

They were great Bill. Thanks for the food for the extra day. :D
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:46 pm

angeline3177 wrote:
Chauss wrote:Lost my CarverFest "canteen" - a red one, left it by my cigar box and cooler at the outdoor party, when I finally returned to the venue everything was cleaned up n gone. Also 2 x 13A extension cords and a power strip were left at cabin 5 (again #-o ) they were given back to me and I forgot them again....my bad if I do not see them again.

Found- a small pair of craftsman curved needle nose pliers were in my tool kit that I do not think are mine...did not put them there so someone cleaning up must have thought they were mine? <--- look like a VERY handy tool -these probably belong to someone that knew exactly what to bring to build the amps (ie: not a rookie like ME)--so I am guessing they belong to one of our "instructors" maybe?

Jerry & I have ur Red Canteen. Jerry, myself & willy cleaned up that night, it was dark & everyone had left so we grabbed everything we cld c & took it back to our place. We gave u ur cigar box. I wish u would have said something about ur canteen. I can mail it to u if u would like. I dont mind at all, just let me know.

Niki

Just hang on to it- I am sure we will have an ATL get together soon! :D Thanks again to you and Jerry for your gracious hospitality!!! You guys are the BEST!
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:11 pm

We grabbed a bunch of stuff while cleaning out cabin 5 Monday. Once we get everything unpacked well make a list of stuff that is not ours and post it.
Pretty sure we have Melodys gray sweat shirt as well. It smells just like her :lol:
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:54 pm

Chauss wrote:
angeline3177 wrote:
Chauss wrote:Lost my CarverFest "canteen" - a red one, left it by my cigar box and cooler at the outdoor party, when I finally returned to the venue everything was cleaned up n gone. Also 2 x 13A extension cords and a power strip were left at cabin 5 (again #-o ) they were given back to me and I forgot them again....my bad if I do not see them again.

Found- a small pair of craftsman curved needle nose pliers were in my tool kit that I do not think are mine...did not put them there so someone cleaning up must have thought they were mine? <--- look like a VERY handy tool -these probably belong to someone that knew exactly what to bring to build the amps (ie: not a rookie like ME)--so I am guessing they belong to one of our "instructors" maybe?

Jerry & I have ur Red Canteen. Jerry, myself & willy cleaned up that night, it was dark & everyone had left so we grabbed everything we cld c & took it back to our place. We gave u ur cigar box. I wish u would have said something about ur canteen. I can mail it to u if u would like. I dont mind at all, just let me know.

Niki

Just hang on to it- I am sure we will have an ATL get together soon! :D Thanks again to you and Jerry for your gracious hospitality!!! You guys are the BEST!

We will have to plan a weekend and I'll grab up OO and we can have a mini-fest!!!!! \:D/
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:55 pm

I vote for Dan's place so we can hear his Duntechs, although never found the time to hear Jerry's set-up or Tom's modified SDA's in George's place! :-k
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

angeline3177

Newbie 50+

Location: 7 min's south of ATL. Motor Speedway, Griffin, Georgia

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:16 pm

I vote for a mini fest. We cld start out @ one place & move around for the weekend. It wld be a blast & Jerry & I wld LOVE it!!!
"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and sometimes hard to handle. But if you cant handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best" NIKI
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:03 pm

Pick a date! We can do it at my place.
Last edited by Chauss on Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:06 pm

Toy Maker wrote:We grabbed a bunch of stuff while cleaning out cabin 5 Monday. Once we get everything unpacked well make a list of stuff that is not ours and post it.
Pretty sure we have Melodys gray sweat shirt as well. It smells just like her :lol:

2 x orange power cords and 1 x power strip are mine Toy- hang on to them till next year!
<<

AlexSauter

Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:16 pm

I lost my wallet, it might be in the boxes that have not been unpacked yet, but it was on the table Monday morning, and then on Monday Afternoon it was gone. :shock: :shock:
RIP BillD
BillD wrote:Well, some people are glass half empty people and some are glass half full. Being an engineer, I just think the glass is the wrong size.

My system (sitting in the garage):

(Stereo System)
Modified Carver AL III+'s (Pushed into the corners to make room for the ALS speakers)
Modified CarverFest 2011 20w tube amplifier
Carver Pro PT-1800
Sunfire Prototype TGA-2375
Carver TX-2 Tuner (not used)
Logitech Squeezebox (replaced Tuner & dad's CD player)
CARVERaudio Directional RCA interconnects
RCA-Headphone jack for iPod & iPhone
<<

bsturgeon89

TFM-55

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:19 pm

AlexSauter wrote:I lost my wallet, it might be in the boxes that have not been unpacked yet, but it was on the table Monday morning, and then on Monday Afternoon it was gone. :shock: :shock:

I put it back after I took what I wanted.
Carverfest 2010 quote...I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

GO BUCKEYES
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2011