EndersShadow's setup

<<

stevek

M-400t CUBE

Post Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:14 am

Re: EndersShadow's setup

That is a great setup.
Steve
Decware SE34I.3 (11/13), Benchmark USB Preamp (10/10), Klipsch Forte II (5/13) , Sony CDP-CE505,
Sonos Zone Player ZP90 (9/11), Sonos Play:3(9/11), Sonos Bridge(9/11), Qnap TS-219P+ Music Server(9/11).
Living Room: Sonos, Sunfire 300X2(10/10), Sunfire Subwoofer MkII (2010), Sunfire CRM-2 (2010)
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:31 pm

Jag_97470 wrote:Very nice set-up! After looking at those pictures I am suddenly craving a Three Musketeers for some reason :-k Strange :lol:

Agree, Nice set up and want a Three Musketeers! :lol:
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-45

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:18 pm

Scarabeo wrote:
Jag_97470 wrote:Very nice set-up! After looking at those pictures I am suddenly craving a Three Musketeers for some reason :-k Strange :lol:

Agree, Nice set up and want a Three Musketeers! :lol:

I just ate two to get back some calories after all my cable management today. I finally got my H15 installed. Took all day as I tore apart my rack top to bottom to re-route everything. Had a lot of fun along the way (my wife about died when she came home from lunch and saw it all apart on the floor). Looks pretty darn awesome IMHO.

I decided to use 2 channels per front and put the Integra on bi-amp. As a result I use 2 IC's per L/R (one from surround rear L one from front L, etc) but I think it sounds better after recalibrating via Audysee. Its not like my Integra cant handle my surrounds.

Also have the front 3 set at full range w/ the surrounds @ 60hz and the sub @ 80hz

From this:

To this:

Pretty awesome IMHO. Cant do anything about the rest of the cords in the back, but now if we get a new TV, I can push the rack back flush with the wall with NO problem at all. :smile:

P.S. Looks like with the new apartment we will end up with a Plasma rather than a PJ. Too much ambient light issues. Looking at a Panasonic 60" S30, ST30 or GT30 model. Wont be for a bit though as we gotta save up the cash.

Gotta love winning the LCD v. Plasma battle (I hate any refresh rate over 60hz as it tends to add too much motion blur when playing Halo or watching movies IMHO).
"Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder, Music is in the ear of the Listener" - ME
"Arguing cables is like arguing religion. You are likely never going to change anyone's mind, and it is not much fun if you are sober" - nwohlford
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:10 pm

Very nice. You need to pimp that baby ! The rest of these pussy's won't ! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-45

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:04 pm

Pimp how? What else can I do to increase my pimpness.....
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:09 pm

Post a video of one of your favorite songs playing on your system here ! :D
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15137
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:53 pm

Looks like a NICE smelling system too! :lol:
If you've seen any pictures of my system you'll find I love spaghetti by the cables in the back ground :( When I rebuild another set-up I am cleaning up the cables...
*5* =D>
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:05 pm

Scarabeo wrote:Looks like a NICE smelling system too! :lol:
If you've seen any pictures of my system you'll find I love spaghetti by the cables in the back ground :( When I rebuild another set-up I am cleaning up the cables...
*5* =D>

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I missed that !
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-45

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:15 pm

Scarabeo wrote:Looks like a NICE smelling system too! :lol:
*5* =D>

Hehehe....yeah, I prefer vanilla scented stuff but the wife likes the "Dragon Fruit".....

Its our dogs fault, they tend to find ways to smell up the place....
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:26 pm

We get that oil stuff at Pier 1 that you stick bamboo in.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

tinpan

TFM-45

Post Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:12 am

Man that looks really nice. One of these days I'll have to figure out the behind the rack clean up trick. It always starts with good intentions.

I really like the audio shelves you are using. What kind of rack is that?
Tinpan

HT - Sunfire TG IV, Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig. 400 x 5, Oppo 93, Klipsch LaScala (3), Cornwalls (2), SW-12, Sony 60" LCD

2 channel - AN L2 Pre-amp, Carver Cherry 260's, AN 2.1 DAC, Oppo DV-981HD, Klipsch Epic CF3

2 channel - AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN Sig. DAC 3.1 , AN Sig. Phono Stage, Sota Comet TT, Lowther Medallion Speakers PM5a driver, Rythmik F15 Sub

2 channel - Carverfest Mono Blocks, Grant Fidelity DAC, Klipschorns

2 channel - Audio Note Kit 1 300b SET, Audio Note DAC 2.1, Lowther Allerions DX-65 drivers
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-45

Post Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:33 am

tinpan wrote:Man that looks really nice. One of these days I'll have to figure out the behind the rack clean up trick. It always starts with good intentions.

I really like the audio shelves you are using. What kind of rack is that?

I honestly dont remember off the top of my head. My x got it with the DLP at Best buy. I want to say the brand is Bush.

Next up for me are upgrades to a Sunfire 450/5 \:D/ and possibly seeing if I can aquire a set of tube amps for my setup upstairs w/ the HK :-$
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-45

Post Mon May 21, 2012 6:32 pm

Well we moved... and I got new stuff, so here's the updated equipment list and some pics:

Equipment List:
TV: Panasonic 60" ST30 Plasma
Receiver/Pre-amp: Integra DTR 5.9
Amplifier: Carver AV-705x
Fronts: Polk LSi 15's modded with a db840 sub (crossover upgrade next)
Center: Polk LSi C
Surrounds: Polk LSi F/X (wall mounted)
Sub: Polk PSW125 (being replaced eventually and moved to the office)
Misc Gear: Xbox 360, Samsung BP-1600 blu ray player, Uverse DVR, Pioneer laserdisc player

Here are some pics of the cable management in the rack. I managed to keep ALL the power, HDMI, IC's and Speaker wire totally separate. Took a bunch of doing, but its done for a LONG LONG LONG TIME.

And here are the finished pics, including the LSi F/X's being mounted

"Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder, Music is in the ear of the Listener" - ME
"Arguing cables is like arguing religion. You are likely never going to change anyone's mind, and it is not much fun if you are sober" - nwohlford
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

Snoop65

SILVER-7t

Post Mon May 21, 2012 7:58 pm

LOOKING GOOD!!!!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon May 21, 2012 10:01 pm

Very nice!! =D> =D> Does it sound much different from your old room? :-k :-k
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 200x5
Klipsch KP 250 II
Samson SX3200 (750x2 Sub Amp)
(2) 18" Klipsch KP 480 Subs
Klipsch RSW 15