FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:39 am

MX130 one owner ***SOLD***

<<

FredRydr

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:43 am

MX130 one owner ***SOLD***

SOLD - My MX130 "The Receiver" Serial No. 41001025. I am the original purchaser from Bryn Mawr Stereo on 23 Nov 1984. (After 28 years, I am buying a new Peachtree Nova amp, but will be using my Carver SD/A-360 and a Carver TX-8.)

The MX130 has been to Carver's Lynwood WA service center over the years, and I have all the receipts, paperwork and correspondence on that. I am not a technician, but in layman's terms, the only issue is the sound to the left channel will fade at low volume, and pops back up when I turn up the volume. I bought a pair of output relays that I was advised to install to remedy that, and those are included in the sale.

Cosmetically it is perfect. Everything lights up as it should. And it works! 130 watts.

In the original box with all papers and records, including the original:
- User's Manual
- Sales brochure of full range of Carver products with description of Sonic Holography
- Carver-issued reviews of "The Receiver" in a booklet of reprints from Audio, Stereo Review and Ovation magazines

$100 plus shipping via PayPal, or cash if in person. To calculate shipping from Carlisle PA, 17013 to your location: 24 lbs., 21x9x21 inches. Both UPS (recommended) and USPS are convenient to me.

Thanks!

Fred
fredh (.at.) paonline...DOT...com
Last edited by FredRydr on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:53 am

Re: MX130 one owner

Welcome FredRydr,
I need parts for mine. The amp section works great and sounds really nice. My tuner section all works just no sound from it. :(
Good luck with your sale.
<<

Shortcake

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:18 pm

FredRydr wrote:FOR SALE - My MX130 "The Receiver" Serial No. 41001025. I am the original purchaser from Bryn Mawr Stereo on 23 Nov 1984. (After 28 years, I am buying a new Peachtree Nova amp, but will be using my Carver SD/A-360 and a Carver TX-8.)

The MX130 has been to Carver's Lynwood WA service center over the years, and I have all the receipts, paperwork and correspondence on that. I am not a technician, but in layman's terms, the only issue is the sound to the left channel will fade at low volume, and pops back up when I turn up the volume. I bought a pair of output relays that I was advised to install to remedy that, and those are included in the sale.

Cosmetically it is perfect. Everything lights up as it should. And it works! 130 watts.

In the original box with all papers and records, including the original:
- User's Manual
- Sales brochure of full range of Carver products with description of Sonic Holography
- Carver-issued reviews of "The Receiver" in a booklet of reprints from Audio, Stereo Review and Ovation magazines

$100 plus shipping via PayPal, or cash if in person. To calculate shipping from Carlisle PA, 17013 to your location: 24 lbs., 21x9x21 inches. Both UPS (recommended) and USPS are convenient to me.

Thanks!

Fred
fredh (.at.) paonline...DOT...com

I want it - My first Carver. sending PM now.
It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony. - Benjamen Britten
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:39 pm

Good deal. That's a good price for a one owner with all the stuff he's offering with it. I see a bad case of OCCD coming on. Your going to love the sound as long as you get some decent speakers. =D> =D> =D>
<<

FredRydr

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:42 pm

Mr. M-500t wrote:I see a bad case of OCCD coming on.

Um...OCCD? 8-[

Fred
<<

Shortcake

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:43 pm

Mr. M-500t wrote:Good deal. That's a good price for a one owner with all the stuff he's offering with it. I see a bad case of OCCD coming on. Your going to love the sound as long as you get some decent speakers. =D> =D> =D>

Speakers not a problem - my friend will hook me up but I think what he already 'loaned' me will be perfect for now. Thanks - will keep you posted on the OCCD. The only drug for that is music, right?
It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony. - Benjamen Britten
<<

Shortcake

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:51 pm

WHOO HOO - money sent - Hope to no longer be a Carver virgin by next week.

Fred, you will always be my first lol. I will let you know how it was later.....
<<

sisu1a

Newbie 50+

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:01 pm

Um...OCCD? 8-[

Obsessive Carver Collecting Disorder

-Paul
<<

FredRydr

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:23 pm

Re: MX130 one owner ***SOLD***

SOLD <sniff!> But we must move on.

Turned out it was 29 lbs. when the scale is placed on the floor, but the postage remained the same. Weird.

Shortcake, keep the volume up!

Talking about OCCD, to assuage my MX130 post-partum, I bought a TX-8 and a crippled CT-23 in the last 24 hours. First Carver purchases in 20 years. Help...me...please....

Fred
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:30 pm

Congrats to both! =D> =D> Shippers typically use dimensional weight, if a box is a certain size, they'll charge the same up to a certain weight, FYI.
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
(2 Pairs) Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:19 pm

Good luck to you both. Let the OCCD settle in. It subsides from time to time but never goes away ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hell, I made it almost a year and now, in the last three months I've picked up an MXR-130, CT-6, CT-7, C-1, TFM-15cb and almost pulled the trigger on several others ! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
I can't help it.......................................................................................It's like beer to me. :D
Good thing the Kingman is out there keeping me honest ! :x :x :x
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:26 pm

Shortcake wrote:
Mr. M-500t wrote:Good deal. That's a good price for a one owner with all the stuff he's offering with it. I see a bad case of OCCD coming on. Your going to love the sound as long as you get some decent speakers. =D> =D> =D>

Speakers not a problem - my friend will hook me up but I think what he already 'loaned' me will be perfect for now. Thanks - will keep you posted on the OCCD. The only drug for that is music, right?

So what brand/model # of speakers has your friend loaned you ? :-s
<<

Shortcake

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:11 pm

Mr. M-500t wrote:
Shortcake wrote:

So what brand/model # of speakers has your friend loaned you ? :-s

Pioneer HPM100.
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:40 pm

Nice 4-way speakers designed by JBL engineers.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Mr. M-500t

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:08 pm

"List price was $600.00 per pair starting in 1977 and $700.00 per pair in 1979 (final year). Retailed $600.00 per pair. The HPM-100 speakers well represented *The Sound* of the late 70's. They have an enduring reputation as some of the better speakers of the era and remain highly desirable to collectors of Classic Audio gear. They were the result of Pioneer's efforts to do a JBL knockoff and were designed by a former JBL engineer."
http://www.stereomanuals.com/man/rep/pi ... ulldoc.htm

http://www.megaburken.net/~patrik/HPM-100/
Next

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies