It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:05 pm

Modest System

<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:47 pm

Re: Modest System

TNRabbit wrote:
TORO3 wrote:Regardless of price, how well do you think the Epik Legend sounds versus the Sunfire TS-EQ10 or TS-EQ12?

I would go with something big, but I have a GF that is sick of my Polk speakers laying everywhere in her living room. Basically, I need a small footprint with a lot of output.

For the price, the Epik Legend looks fantastic. It's not too big, and it doesn't cost too much. I'm just wondering how it would compare to a Sunfire sub.

Thanks for the links...much appreciated.

I've never compared them, but the specs for the Epik subs are better than the Sunfire, FWIW. They are MUCHO cheaper, too.
and to add to Gary s comments, the best part is they are' "* Designed & assembled in our USA factory"
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:06 pm

TORO3 wrote:I'm currently renting a small studio down in Phoenix while I go to school. I think once we move into a house, I'll look more into getting a dedicated line.

You're right though, I am running everything off a 15 amp outlet. I should probably separate things out a little bit, especially if I get a sub. I'm liking the psaudio outlets...thanks for the links!

I forgot to mention; I purchased the PS Audio outlet but had to wait for installation. I wired an end plug to the wires and just plugged this into the outlet. That way I was able to use it right away. :D
<<

TORO3

M-400t CUBE

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Here's the updated system. It's changed a lot since my previous picture in the first post.

As you can see, not too much Sunfire equipment here other than the HRS-8 that's tucked behind the right speaker.

As of recent, I've added room treatments and have been looking for a cheap Squeezebox Touch on Audiogon. The Ascend Sierra-1s have been nothing short than magnificent as their able to play for hours without any listener fatigue. I've slowly been selling my home theater, but have been reluctant to sell my Sunfire Cinema Seven.

I've moved this system around way too many times. I hate the fact that the left speaker is hugging the end of the couch, but it's the only location that's least compromised in my living room.

Once I get better paying job, maybe I'll take a stab at a Sunfire HT setup.
Attachments
5758.jpg
Simple System
Sunfire CRM2s, Sunfire CRS3C, Sunfire Cinema Seven, Harmon Kardon AVR240, Sony RCD-W5000

UDUB Football!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:37 pm

TOROS, that's one of the nicest "student" systems I think I've seen. Most students would cut of there left nut to have a rig like that, congrat's!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

cring08

TFM-35

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:26 pm

Looks great! =D> =D> =D>
Chris

Living Room/main System:
Sunfire TGP IV
Sunfire 300x2
Carver Amazing Silvers
Apple tv
Carver SD 390t
Technics SL 1950 Turntable

Basement/system 2:
Carver MXR-130
Teac reel to reel
Musical Fidelity X-10D tube buffer
BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer
Nikko eq2
Cerwin Vega HED's
Klipsch SW15
Infinity RS10's
Pioneer 100 disk changer

Garage system:
Pioneer VSX something?
Polk Audio 2500
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:28 pm

Might want to set (both left and right) speakers on a stand s.t. all drivers "clear" the end of the couch heighth wise....that way the couch is not blocking any sound at all. Just a suggestion....
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

TORO3

M-400t CUBE

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:22 pm

Thanks for the warm replies and suggestions. I actually graduated last May so the speaker stands, treatments, and Salamander were a long and drawn out graduation present to myself. My final graduation present will be the Squeezebox Touch in two months.

Thankfully all of the drivers clear the couch on the left speaker. Regardless, it still isn't ideal but there's always compromise in small living rooms.
Sunfire CRM2s, Sunfire CRS3C, Sunfire Cinema Seven, Harmon Kardon AVR240, Sony RCD-W5000

UDUB Football!
<<

TORO3

M-400t CUBE

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:31 pm

elgrau wrote:Might want to set (both left and right) speakers on a stand s.t. all drivers "clear" the end of the couch heighth wise....that way the couch is not blocking any sound at all. Just a suggestion....

Ah, now I know what you're talking about. You mean clear the couch entirely. I kind of wish you hadn't recommended that because now I have the itch to move things around, instead of watching the Hawks. Thanks for the suggestion, elgau.

UDUB Football!
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:38 pm

dont worry your time will be better spent than watching them loose.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:48 pm

Shhhh.....

I wasn't gonna say anything but Ed's right. Lose the couch on the L side and your sound stage and imaging should appear in spades. You didn't hear it from me, though. It was Ed. 8-[
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

TORO3

M-400t CUBE

Post Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:33 pm

Hey MB, the Hawks won -- who woulda thought?

Also, I saw you're out of Woodinville. I used to live by Cottage Lake Elementary and spent the majority of my childhood in that area. Woodinville sure has changed since I graduated from high school in 2000.

UDUB Football!
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:42 pm

yeah I went to WHS. 86
got to be the 1st kid suspended at a brand new school..... :lol: :lol:
Shumate what a BITCH, said so to her face.....
out the door I went..... :D :lol: :lol:
lived by the white stallion, my dad still lives there.
still work in woodinville. almost 20 years at the same place, guess I'm stupid that way..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mbskeam

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

<<

stereo_buff

TFM-55

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:32 am

TORO3 wrote:Hey MB, the Hawks won -- who woulda thought?

Also, I saw you're out of Woodinville. I used to live by Cottage Lake Elementary and spent the majority of my childhood in that area. Woodinville sure has changed since I graduated from high school in 2000.

I used to live around the corner from the intersection of the Woodinville-Duvall Rd. and Avondale Rd. before there was anything there but Norm's Resort!
<<

TORO3

M-400t CUBE

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:23 pm

I used to live around the corner from the intersection of the Woodinville-Duvall Rd. and Avondale Rd. before there was anything there but Norm's Resort![/quote]

And then Safeway came in with Movieola, Domino's, and that dry cleaning business. I've probably delivered extremely late pizza to either you, MB, or your parents. I was probably the worst Domino's driver in the business at the time. Talk about a small world!

UDUB Football!
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:50 pm

jamie fleek ring a bell?????
Mbskeam

― Aristophanes

PreviousNext

Return to List / Update Your System