(2 Pairs) Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:31 pm

Re: My First Carver

Thats one sexy layout for sure. Horns + tubes = LOVE
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

mjcmt

Post Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:40 am

treitz3 wrote:Hot Damn! You are the closest member to me to date!!! \:D/ You are just a hop, skip and a jump away....straight up 77 and I'm there. We shall GTG when time allows.

I'm always looking for audiophiles to get together with to audition gear and talk shop

Me too. There's a good audiophile friend of mine that lives about 20 minutes away to the East of you that I'd like you to meet as well. Maybe after the holidays...time is a little crunched right now with the holidays and all. BTW, did you happen to see the thread about me hitting the jackpot? I discovered a new [to me] high end private store down here in the Ballantyne area, if you are interested, we can go check that out as well.

Good times lie ahead. 8)

I tried sending you a PM, but I'm not sure it went though, or you have a few messages of the same thing. We definitely should have some auditioning sessions after Christmas. Can you PM me so we can start connecting?
<<

mjcmt

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:19 pm

jjptkd wrote:Nice! =D> =D> I like those big horny speakers. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EndersShadow wrote:Thats one sexy layout for sure. Horns + tubes = LOVE

Thanks. Horns with the correct electronics is a sound to reckon with, and tubes and Altecs go hand in hand. And the Altecs did sound great w/ my little Carver receiver too because of its tubelike presentation.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:26 pm

mjcmt wrote:I tried sending you a PM, but I'm not sure it went though, or you have a few messages of the same thing. We definitely should have some auditioning sessions after Christmas. Can you PM me so we can start connecting?
PM sent.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:47 pm

Well, I chatted with Mike today and it turns out that we live only 30 minutes apart from one another. =D> Man, I'll consider that an early Christmas present! Another audiophile buddy, the closest one to to me to date. We haven't had the chance to meet up yet but I can tell, just from our conversations, that this is going to be some fun. I have stuff that he always wanted to listen too and vice-versa.

He told me about a Charlotte Audio club that closed up its doors about two years ago, I never even knew about it. Well, maybe it's time to start one back up again!

\:D/

Nice talkin' to ya' Mike!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:23 am

slumber party.jpg
slumber party.jpg (53.31 KiB) Viewed 659 times
Tom, sounds like you guys could have a Charlotte SLUMBER PARTY!!! \:D/ \:D/ :lol:
Carver M-4.0t & Rollandized tfm42, ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A & JBL L96,s Modified JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carverfest vacuum tube amp & CF Linestage, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Carver AL3 amazing speakers in natural oak & Douglas connection cables
<<

tinpan

TFM-45

Post Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:35 am

Welcome,

Love the Altecs..
Tinpan

HT - Sunfire TG IV, Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig. 400 x 5, Oppo 93, Klipsch LaScala (3), Cornwalls (2), SW-12, Sony 60" LCD

2 channel - AN L2 Pre-amp, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN 2.1 DAC, DUAL CS 5000 TT, Oppo DV-981HD, Lowther PM4a/Azurahorn/SentryIV

2 channel - AN L3 Signature Line stage, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN Sig. DAC 3.1 , AN Sig. Phono Stage, Sota Comet TT, Altec A5's

2 channel - Carver VTA20 Baby Black Beauty, Custom Line Stage, Klipschorns

2 channel - AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, Carver C-5 Pre, Altec A4 speakers

2 channel - Audio Note Kit 1 300b SET, Audio Note DAC 2.1, Altec 288 Horns/JBL Bass bin
<<

mjcmt

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:18 am

tinpan wrote:Welcome,

Love the Altecs..

Thanks tinpan. I looked over your equipment list and I'm quite impressed. No wonder you like my Altecs considering you have Voice of the Theater A-7s. And I'm impressed with all of your Audio Note products. They'd make quite a desirable system and you must have used them in one system before separating them into multiple systems. I also see you using the Grant Fidelity dac. My friend has one for his office, but the system doesn't show its capabilities off. What do you think of this product?
<<

tinpan

TFM-45

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:41 am

I like the GF Dac. I bought it to use while I waited for my Eastern Electric Dacs to arrive. My plan was to sell it after I got the EE dacs and the AN dac...for some reason I can't seem to let go of it. It comes in handy when I am moving systems around. I think it's a great DAC for someone that wants to get try digital music, it's in expensive AND it's nice enough to stick around when you get a nicer DAC.

How do you like your SEAS Froy 3 speakers? I keep seeing them pop up.
Tinpan

HT - Sunfire TG IV, Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig. 400 x 5, Oppo 93, Klipsch LaScala (3), Cornwalls (2), SW-12, Sony 60" LCD

2 channel - AN L2 Pre-amp, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN 2.1 DAC, DUAL CS 5000 TT, Oppo DV-981HD, Lowther PM4a/Azurahorn/SentryIV

2 channel - AN L3 Signature Line stage, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN Sig. DAC 3.1 , AN Sig. Phono Stage, Sota Comet TT, Altec A5's

2 channel - AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, Carver C-5 Pre, Altec A4 speakers

2 channel - Audio Note Kit 1 300b SET, Audio Note DAC 2.1, Altec 288 Horns/JBL Bass bin
<<

tinpan

TFM-45

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:43 am

BTW, your rooms look amazing, Trietz is in for a treat when he comes over. \:D/
Tinpan

<<

mjcmt

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:57 am

The SEAS FRoy mk3 speakers are an excellent speaker, definitely much better than the cost of materials to build them if your a DIY person. I've powered them with high-end amps like Pass Labs, Classe, AES (Cary), and Linn and they have brought out excellent inner detail, deep soundstage, lifelike and 3d presentation. All audiophiles and music lovers who have heard them have commented on their excellence.

I've never compared them in the same room to in factory built speakers in the 2-5k range, but in the past after hearing an expensive system elsewhere have come home to say I like my system better.

Here are some links to them:
http://www.seas.no/index.php?option=com ... &Itemid=39
http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/mt ... arts-only/
http://www.stereophile.com/standloudspeakers/606snell

Can you tell that I like them? =D>
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:01 pm

Well, I finally had a chance to meet up with Mike today. He came down for a stint to check out my rig and we listened to a variety of music. He's a great addition to the forum and he made me chuckle when he thought that the Carver forum and Carverfest was "just" about Carver. Hopefully we can start a Charlotte area audio group. If we do, today was the first meeting.

Unfortunately, his Altec's may be sold so I may not have a chance to hear a speaker I haven't before but regardless, I'm looking very forward to hearing his custom speakers. They are kinda like the Tyler Acoustic's 7U's but they have been built to be time aligned and phase coherent. That should be a treat!

Nice to have met you today, Mike.

Previous

Return to "The Welcome Mat"