FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:08 am

M1.0t Clicking Sound

<<

kalebfulk

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:39 pm

M1.0t Clicking Sound

Hello, my name is Kaleb, and I'm new to the Carver Forums. I've loved my Carver system (M1.0T amp, CT-7 pre, and DTL 200Mk2 CD player), but have recently started having problems with a clicking sound. I used the system in my basement for my home theater needs, and moved it up to my bedroom so I could enjoy it more, and started noticing a clicking sound. It makes it once every few minutes (it does not seem to be constant), I think that it could be power related, but I used a Furman power conditioner on it, and still heard these noises. Also, if the tuner on the CT-7 is not tuned into a station, the 'locked' LED will light up when the clicking sound occurs. It is an amp problem, though- get the sound when the amp is on, and other components are off. Any ideas? Thank you in advance!
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:44 pm

Re: M1.0t Clicking Sound

=D> Welcome! =D> Have you narrowed it down to the amp? It may be the CD player or Preamp, etc. :-k
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
(2 Pairs) Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
<<

kalebfulk

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:50 pm

Yes, it's in the amp. It had new capacitors put in it 3-4 years ago. It sat for a couple years, and I found it dead. I do not know the name of the person who performed the work. As far as I'm aware, it's been making this clicking sound since it's had the work done.
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:10 pm

Welcome to the forum !!! I'm sure you can find the assistance you need here.
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Return to CARVER Equipment Repair/Help Forum