FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:39 am

Carverfest tube amp design stolen already???

<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:50 pm

Re: Carverfest tube amp design stolen already???

His name is Mike. I have talked to him and he's a cool cat. He's holding a TT for me and I might buy some room treatments off him
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:56 pm

WoW.....I can not believe all the drama on that site every time Bob's name is mentioned??? :lol:
One would think these guys actually had some skin in "the game" ......maybe they are just jealous their "hero" is not as accomplished or acclaimed as Bob is! :D
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:20 pm

I like this picture......

ya on just about every forum I read the same thing.....
oh well.....
the nay Sayers cant help it if there stupid..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:27 pm

wow, i need not join that forum for sure. talk shit about the man they personally know little about is what i got from all that. far easier to cut bob down than build him up. i have had many peices of audio gear in my small lifetime, but the only ones that have brought me endless hours of fun have had bob's name on them. so like some over there said, if i am in audio bliss, why would i fix it/something that is not broke. only after meeting all the guys that came to the fest in 2010, did i even consider buying new stuff because i heard first hand what i was missing. never did/has it crossed my mind to bash though. some of the guys on the pf site need a life i guess. wow. glad i have the family here that is not that way. shame that they are missing out, but that just means i have more personal one on one time with the bobfather when he comes and hangs out in september.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:42 pm

EndersShadow wrote:His name is Mike.

Thanks for verifying this. Like I said, it's been a while.

Some of the folks there I wish I could still talk too on a daily basis. Mike is one of them. Between the "know-it-all" posters and the trolls, along with the aforementioned? I just decided that I have better things to do with my life. Like enjoying the music. Been better off ever since I left and quite honestly? I can't figure out why in the hell I even bothered at that place to begin with. After spending years over there, the only positive thing that ever came from that forum was that I made some lifelong friends in the same hobby that aren't as closed minded and "generalized" in observations when it comes to audio as many of the posters are over there.

Mike is a good man.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:56 pm

Re:

treitz3 wrote:
EndersShadow wrote:His name is Mike.

Thanks for verifying this. Like I said, it's been a while.

Some of the folks there I wish I could still talk too on a daily basis. Mike is one of them. Between the "know-it-all" posters and the trolls, along with the aforementioned? I just decided that I have better things to do with my life. Like enjoying the music. Been better off ever since I left and quite honestly? I can't figure out why in the hell I even bothered at that place to begin with. After spending years over there, the only positive thing that ever came from that forum was that I made some lifelong friends in the same hobby that aren't as closed minded and "generalized" in observations when it comes to audio as many of the posters are over there.

Mike is a good man.

I know, me and VM3 miss you over at the Polk Forums.....

I have talked to Mike many times and he is one cool cat. I was trying to get him into the LSiM 703 demo, but schedules just never worked out right. I am hoping to get to his place at some point to listen to his new open baffle speakers as those look killer.

He also turned me onto a "Spud" tube amp that looked pretty cool.

Given where I want to head speaker wise though, the only real way to introduce the tube sound will be through a pre, and for now more than likely a custom passive one if thats even possible.

I do have contact info for Mike if something needs to be cleared up.
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:13 am

Bob C. wrote:"Any Publicity is good publicity"
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

Previous

Return to !! New Products !!