FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:49 am

And now...for the first time ever...my own system.

<<

cmk59

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:58 pm

And now...for the first time ever...my own system.

In the "Old Days", the Communists had their "Five Year Plans". Mine, though in place firmly, is denoted the "infinity-cubed plan" as (a) I'm always seemingly broke when deals come around, (b) when a deal does appear and I try to live within my means, some BAS%)$D sniper shoots me down, and (c) Given (a) and (b), it'll take to Infinity, cubed to finish my plan. With that said, it still doesn't look too bad so far... :

In Storage:
1 pair Pioneer HPM-1100's (awaiting cabinet refurb - bought new in '79)
1 pair Pioneer HPM-100's - awaiting total refurb, incl. 1 new woofer (blown).
1 pair ACRYLIC HPM-100 demo speakers (one has crack, but minor)
1 Pioneer SX-650 receiver (needing new speaker pro. relay)
Carver CT-26AV with remote

Office System:
Realistic TM-175B AM/FM Stereo Receiver (beats most digital units hands down!)
Carver TFM-6CB
Carver C-1 pre
Pair Bose 301 (1990's vintage)
Pair Fisher 3-way speakers

Living Room System:
1 pair Piano Black Carver Amazing Silver MKlV's
1 pair black Infinity WTLC's
Pioneer PL-600 Turntable with AT-625 shibata cartridge
Carver TX-11
Carver C-9
Pioneer CD- P-70 CD player
RCA/Rat Shack powered Subwoofer
McIntosh MC2205 power amp (with homemade faceplate)
1 Technics SH8020 EQ
Kenwood Basic C2 preamp
Pioneer CT-S99WR Cassette Deck w/DBX (till I can find a good-running CTF-1000)
Philips CDR-770 CD record/play deck
Pioneer SR-80 Reverb
Pioneer RG-8
Pioneer SR-9
Pioneer RT-707 w/2 metal reels
DBX 228 compander
2 Carver M400 Cubes
1 Carver M400a Cube (need one more)

Eventual Configuration - When I have the components I'm looking for (!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!!!?):

1. Office: Move MC2205 and it's twin brother (by that time, hopefully it'll have one) and the C-26 pre into the office, and the Carver C-1/TFM-6CB to the garage.

2. Changes to living room system: Remove two of the (eventually, four) Cubes and replace with M500's. Each amp dedicated to its living room speaker, ideally with each speaker bi-amped to its own speaker. Technics EQ moved to garage setup, replaced with DBX 4BX computer controlled eq/processor. Second pair of Cubes (the non-'a' models) used for non-powered subs. Kenwood Basic preamp sold for replacement by Carver C-5 or PSC-50 dual-zone preamp.

(IF I can't find either of these, I'm more than happy to use a pair of Carver C-4000 pre's and/or the Phase Linear equivalent along with the 4000 to adjust the living room speakers to my satisfaction!)

CTF-1000 cassette deck added, along with Ah!Tjoeb! CD deck with offboard DAC to handle CD duties (keeping the CD-P70 out of cool factor, though!) Someday will find an ADC Sound Shaper SA-1 Spectrum Analyzer just to have the lights to keep my enfeebled mind occupied...
1. He who does not remember the past is condemned to repeat it. -Santyanna
2. He who does not read & research is repeating the mistakes of the past. - Me
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:39 pm

Re: And now...for the first time ever...my own system.

Very nice collection cmk59!!! I'm sure you are "enjoying the music"!!! \:D/
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

cmk59

Post Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Thanks, Kingman! Coming from you, I take that as high compliment indeed! I'm normally not one to do such things, but I figured if y'all knew what I am working with and working toward, it'd make my rambling discourses easier to follow! (Except when the pain pump kicks in and the Morphine starts flowing...then I think it's hilarious to hear myself slurring words - like I'm seeing myself in the third person!)

In another observation, after having just whopped out a sizeable (for me) sum for ammo to go shooting this weekend with the wife and a friend - I'm teaching the friend), I wish I could've put some of that toward a pair of the "Cubes" I just saw on CIAudio's site! They're a bit* stiffer in price than even Bob's originals, but the look is almost identical. Come to think of it, even the specs are doggone close, but I digress...

Chuckster

* = as in: "Holy H@%l, that's friggin' expensive for 8" x 8" AMPLIFIER! Kinda makes you wonder why car amps look so cool now in comparison...yet they're so comparatively small...Morphine again....
1. He who does not remember the past is condemned to repeat it. -Santyanna
2. He who does not read & research is repeating the mistakes of the past. - Me
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:42 pm

I remember we talked about you physical state the first time and your UBER KOOL avatar (love Dean!). A love of good music and the enjoyment of reproduction equipment will help you get through alot! Keep posting and keep enjoying the music man!!!! =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Return to List / Update Your System