It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:25 pm

Great day at the show in Jax

<<

Jazzman53

Newbie 50+

Post Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:56 pm

Great day at the show in Jax

Hi all,
Today Martin (1970) and I drove down to the Axpona show in Jacksonville. For me the highlight of the show was making some new friends: Don, James, Alex, Angelo, and of course, Bob Carver. I even got the Bobfather's signature on my old C1 preamp and we had a lively discussion about the speaker building psychosis over dinner. We heard the best systems at the show today and nothing else impressed me as much as Bob and James' ALS speakers. Even the gazillion $$$ MBL Radialstrahlers sounded almost lifeless by comparison. And, dare I say it (ouch! this hurts for an ESL builder to admit)-- I preferred the Amazings over ML's flagship CLX electrostats, which I thought were as clean and transparent but lacking the wide sound stage and awesome dynamics of the Amazings. I'm blown away.

Thank you, Martin and my new friends for making my day!
Charlie (a.k.a. Jazzman53)
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:11 am

Re: Great day at the show in Jax

Charlie,

It was great meeting you and catching up with Martin. I apologize Terri and I were so busy bouncing from room to room and we did not get to spend more time together. When we returned on Sunday with our son Matt, it was a much more relaxed atmosphere for us. Terri and I had pretty much had seen everything on Saturday. Therefore, we were not rushing from room to room as we were on Saturday. Some of the rooms on Saturday, as Martin mentioned were pretty crowded. Sunday, they did not have near the crowd. Therefore, "sweetie" spot was available much of the time without having to return to a particular room.

Had to skip dinner with everyone on Saturday night. We had purchased some Kayaks at Dick's Sporting Goods the week before on our way to Savannah at the Orange Park store. Planned to pick one up Saturday night after the show at Dick's on our way home. Thus, the reason for the bail out on dinner.

Charlie, you need to plan to attend Carverfest with Martin. Great bunch of people, good times, good food and good music. It is truly a wonderful experience shared by all.

Until then, unless Terri plans another trip to Savannah between now and then. If so, we will look you and Martin up. Would love to hear your DIY electrostatics.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

Jazzman53

Newbie 50+

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:20 pm

Thanks Don,
I'm definitely coming to CarverFest. Martin's putting a bug in my ear to bring along the electrostats but I couldn't fit even one of them in the car. Check your inbox.
Charlie
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:31 pm

ok charlie, time for a trailer....great to meet you in person, you are a pretty cool cat.... carverfest is the best time i have had i think period.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:06 pm

Hello, Charlie. I'm glad you were able to make it down there for the debut of Bob's speakers. I see that you were able to meet some of the forum's members. That's pretty cool as it's always nice to put a face with a name. We welcome you to come to Carverfest and join in the fun! This year should be a great 'fest.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"

Return to Introducing the NEW 2012 "ALS"