It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:11 am

[[[ PS AUDIO POWER CORD ROADSHOW ]]]

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:46 pm

Re: [[[ PS AUDIO POWER CORD ROADSHOW ]]]

EndersShadow wrote:Tom, how long is the demo period once you receive the cable?

Hmmm, good question. Let's try to keep it down to one week. That is, unless you have multiple things to try it out on. The maximum will be two weeks, regardless of what one has. Of course, in the case of Mike? If you only really have one thing to try it out on.....send it on it's merry way as soon as you have come to a conclusion. I would think that there would be no sense in keeping other forum members waiting if you have tried it and have completed your observations.

Good to see you back, my friend.

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:50 pm

once i have it , it will mysteriously get lost in the mail. stupid mail people.....
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:57 pm

cable sent out last night.
after further review I stand by my 1st post on this.
this begs to the answer of would better qty cables on my amps and cd player do any better.....

if you take the very very slight change and times by 4, it may make a,
"I can really hear a real change".....

in my system, I think better rca cables would give me the most bang for the buck right now....

carry on.
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:00 pm

Where would one find better rca cables. Because mine are probably below radio shack standards. :lol:
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
A Lightstar or two
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
Dual CS5000 Turn Table
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-45

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:12 pm

MRHP wrote:Where would one find better rca cables. Because mine are probably below radio shack standards. :lol:

For folks on a budget some VERY decent IC's are at MITCablesExpress.com. Look at the "Specials" and at the MIT EXp2's. Pretty decent IC at a VERY discounted price. They are discontinuing the EXp line.

A slight step up from something like SignalCable Analog 2 for a cheaper price.
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:00 pm

MRHP, send me your address and I'll send you some upgraded IC's to try out. Perhaps a set or two of Silver based and a set or two of Copper based IC's. You have a preference on length? I was gonna point you in the direction of the Carver Audio roadshow but I'm sure you know as well as I do that it has come to a screeching halt.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:18 pm

MRHP wrote:Where would one find better rca cables. Because mine are probably below radio shack standards. :lol:

James has some great quality cables right here at Carveraudio. And what would match better than Carveraudio interconnects.....
Carver audio interconnect.jpg
Carver audio interconnect.jpg
Attachments
Carver 2.jpg
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:43 pm

For the money you cant get better. IMO
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

kingman

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:45 pm

I run 6 pairs in my system (in other words, all components)....no complaints and they sound spectacular! 8)
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:07 pm

OK thanks for the suggestions. Being a tight wad I am first going to take T3 up on his offer and go from there. PM sent.
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
A Lightstar or two
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
Dual CS5000 Turn Table
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

TNRabbit

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:54 am

Just sent off to Eddie yesterday.

I tried it on my Sunfire amp & TG-IV; too short for any other components.

I THOUGHT I might have possibly noticed a tiny bit deeper (lower) bass with the cord on the amp, but can't really say for sure. That doesn't make sense as I have everything below 40 hz going to my sub, which is self powered. No opportunity to use the cord on the sub as it wasn't long enough~

Otherwise, I could tell no difference.

to be fair, I already had 4 super duper power cords in my system. 3 custom builds I bought over at Club Polk & one SIgnal Cable cord (all bought on the cheap...under $75 each).
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Sun May 06, 2012 7:37 pm

Hey all sorry have not had the time to stop buy here much but work is getting in the way and alot of changes in my co. have moved people around. Lucky I have not changed anything but my coworker is gone and a new guy is in his spot! ](*,)

Just so you all know I have the cable and will need the address of the next guy so Tom send me that info and I will try to get it out at the end of the week! OK! Eddie!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue May 08, 2012 2:48 pm

Hello, guys, just an update. The PC should be headed out on Friday form Eddie to MHRP.

Thanks to all members involved for keeping this roadshow on schedule. Awesome! =D>

<<

EndersShadow

TFM-45

Post Tue May 08, 2012 4:07 pm

TNRabbit wrote:3 custom builds I bought over at Club Polk & one SIgnal Cable cord (all bought on the cheap...under $75 each).

Gary, who built your custom ones?
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue May 08, 2012 4:31 pm

Probably Pepster.

Oh, if anybody else would like to try this out on their rig? Please let me know. Here's the updated list...

The List -

mbskeam - Mike - Done
TNRabbit - Gary - Done
Eddie - Eddie - currently auditioning /sending out on Friday
MRHP - Eric

PreviousNext

Return to Carver Home (Audio)