FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:08 am

Look What Showed up

<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:29 pm

Look What Showed up

At last, my order of 30 x KT-120 tubes showed up.

I will change them over the weekend and see how it sounds.

At the same time I am changing the rectifier tubes, with EH Gold 12BH7 and Rogers 12BY7

Brian
Attachments
KT-120 Tubes.JPG
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

PDR

TFM-45

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:45 pm

Re: Look What Showed up

WOW......WOW.....now thats a stack of tubes.

I like your Raysonic 168 Brian....I have a lowly 128 in black. What are you running for tubes in it?
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:05 pm

PDR wrote:WOW......WOW.....now thats a stack of tubes.

I like your Raysonic 168 Brian....I have a lowly 128 in black. What are you running for tubes in it?

Wow wow wow wow wow :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

tinpan

TFM-45

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:13 pm

Very nice, I guess we'll next hear from you Monday =D> =D> =D>
Tinpan

HT - Sunfire TG IV, Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig. 400 x 5, Oppo 93, Klipsch LaScala (3), Cornwalls (2), SW-12, Sony 60" LCD

2 channel - AN L2 Pre-amp, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN 2.1 DAC, DUAL CS 5000 TT, Oppo DV-981HD, Lowther PM4a/Azurahorn/SentryIV

2 channel - AN L3 Signature Line stage, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN Sig. DAC 3.1 , AN Sig. Phono Stage, Sota Comet TT, Altec A5's

2 channel - Carver VTA20 Baby Black Beauty, Custom Line Stage, Klipschorns

2 channel - AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, Carver C-5 Pre, Altec A4 speakers

2 channel - Audio Note Kit 1 300b SET, Audio Note DAC 2.1, Altec 288 Horns/JBL Bass bin
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Brian please let us know how it sounds!!!! [-o<
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:58 am

What a stack!!! Hope they sound great. \:D/
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:36 am

Eh Brian,, what speed were you playing those tubes =D>
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:04 am

PDR wrote:WOW......WOW.....now thats a stack of tubes.

Perry.

Little known to you, but you where the reason i stared to look at a Raysonic, in one of your threads you said how nice a unit it was, so when I started to look for a replacement
CDP I looked at a couple of other units and a Raysonic and I ended up with the Raysonic 168.
To answer your question, 4 x Gold Lion 6922. I like the sound have not tried any other tubes, been busy looking at other tubes.

tinpan wrote:Very nice, I guess we'll next hear from you Monday =D> =D> =D>

Robin.

I have a lot going on this weekend and next, My wife Pat is not felling well and does not want music on too loud .
Do not think I will have any time to check them out probably until I come back from vacation in June.

Snoop65 wrote:Brian please let us know how it sounds!!!! [-o<

Snoop.

As I said to Robin, a full review will have to wait until June, busy working in the garden in the rain, with going away in May
no other time to do it.

kingman wrote:What a stack!!! Hope they sound great. \:D/

Wayne

So do I, but I was using KT-120's in my set of Cherries and I really liked them, do not see any reason I would not like them
in the Silver Sevens. You could ask tinpan his opinion on the KT-120's, I think now he's a convert.

Zoot Horn wrote:Eh Brian,, what speed were you playing those tubes =D>

Very funny George =D> :lol: =D>

Brian
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:09 pm

wow, your stuck now. way over your head in tube land.......before long, you are gonna start to catch up with the bobfather in your collection of tubes..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:20 pm

angelod307 wrote:before long, you are gonna start to catch up with the bobfather in your collection of tubes..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Angelo

Theres no way ANYBODY could catch up to the bobfather for tubes, he's the king \:D/
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:32 pm

All kidding aside, no shit to that Brian. He is a tube Aholic for real. Most people have food in the kitchen cabinets, linens and clothes in closets, and cars in the garage. Well to say the least not bob. That museum he spoke of is throughout his snohomish home now turned into a lab/work/test site. Cabinet packed with tubes everywhere, closets full of vintage tube pre's, amps and speakers. Garage full of tube stock, prototype products and so on. What a great experience this all is. He is such a humble guy with it all.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:06 pm

angelod307 wrote:All kidding aside, no shit to that Brian. He is a tube Aholic for real. Most people have food in the kitchen cabinets, linens and clothes in closets, and cars in the garage. Well to say the least not bob. That museum he spoke of is throughout his snohomish home now turned into a lab/work/test site. Cabinet packed with tubes everywhere, closets full of vintage tube pre's, amps and speakers. Garage full of tube stock, prototype products and so on. What a great experience this all is. He is such a humble guy with it all.

I can attest to this... His home is a workshop, and a shrine of sorts to all the things he has collected over the years. It's almost like being able to get inside his mind or something. Completeing my amps on the Bob-father's bench was an awesome experience.

Bill... what say you on the KT-120's and the Silver7 combo?
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]

Return to Carver Tubes