FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:15 pm

[[[ PS AUDIO POWER CORD ROADSHOW ]]]

<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Tue May 08, 2012 6:26 pm

Re: [[[ PS AUDIO POWER CORD ROADSHOW ]]]

Tom, I will go ahead and throw my hat into the ring. Will give it a shot with my PSW125 and Integra AVR.

PM coming with all my info.
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue May 08, 2012 7:57 pm

Thanks, buddy. You have been added and are after MHRP.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Thu May 10, 2012 8:02 am

treitz3 wrote:MRHP, send me your address and I'll send you some upgraded IC's to try out. Perhaps a set or two of Silver based and a set or two of Copper based IC's. You have a preference on length? I was gonna point you in the direction of the Carver Audio roadshow but I'm sure you know as well as I do that it has come to a screeching halt.

Hey T3 did you ever get my pm about the IC's? Looking forward to trying them out!! One meter/three foot lengths will be fine.
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0002
Bone Stock Lightstar
Vintage Hi-Fi modified Lightstar
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu May 10, 2012 3:59 pm

Yes I did. That said, I have been slack in actually getting them out of the "cable stash" and out the door. I haven't forgotten you. #-o
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Wed May 16, 2012 6:15 pm

Eric it is in the mail ,you should get it for the weekend. Let me know when you get it. Eddie!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed May 16, 2012 6:38 pm

Eddie...any thoughts???? :-s
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Thu May 17, 2012 6:20 am

Eddie wrote:Eric it is in the mail ,you should get it for the weekend. Let me know when you get it. Eddie!

I will be watching for it. Thanks.
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0002
Bone Stock Lightstar
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu May 17, 2012 9:49 am

EndersShadow wrote:
TNRabbit wrote:3 custom builds I bought over at Club Polk & one SIgnal Cable cord (all bought on the cheap...under $75 each).

Gary, who built your custom ones?

To be honest, I don't remember. I'll try to get back on CP & check my PMs to find out...
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Thu May 17, 2012 6:36 pm

The cable is here safe and sound. My Sunfire 600x2 is the only thing it will fit so it will be rolled on that amp only. I plan to use it on the mains first to see if I can tell a difference. Then I want to put the 75 on the mains, and the 600x2 on the JL12W7's. Im going to lower the gain control on the 75 and crank the preamp until the 600x2 is getting a serious workout on these 3ohm subs. I think if a difference can be heard it should be under this stressful situation. I have two other cables to run it against, a plain jane computer cable and a hospital grade cable. Wish I had a SPL meter. I do have a way of setting up the warble tone mic from my Audio Control EQ that would be able to check how much DB gain is achieved from cable to cable.

Just some random thoughts... :lol: :lol:
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0002
Bone Stock Lightstar
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Mon May 21, 2012 11:40 pm

Well there was a noticable difference right off the bat for me. What I heard more than anything was the music coming out of a silent background....hopefully that makes sense to everyone, its the only way I know to describe it. The difference wasnt huge but it was there for sure. Almost spooky. Also noticed the singer was centered up in the sound stage a little better than usual. This was on my Sunfire Sig 600x2 plugged into a dedicated 20amp circuit. The other cord was a nice looking cord that says Hospital Grade on it.

Ill try the subs later this week.
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0002
Bone Stock Lightstar
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue May 22, 2012 12:57 pm

What you are saying makes sense. What you are hearing is a lowered noise floor. The less rfi I the more music flows through.
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue May 22, 2012 1:52 pm

MRHP wrote: What I heard more than anything was the music coming out of a silent background....The difference wasn't huge but it was there for sure....Also noticed the singer was centered up in the sound stage a little better than usual.

I know exactly what you are talking about and just based upon my own experience, as Snoop said, it makes perfect sense. The less noise you have, the more the micro dynamics and subtleties of the music become apparent. You are also correct in that this isn't like getting a new amplifier or anything dramatic. I wouldn't be surprised if some other aspects of the locational cues from the perceived images have changed as well. Have fun and don't forget to enjoy the music!

<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue May 22, 2012 2:13 pm

MRHP wrote:The other cord was a nice looking cord that says Hospital Grade on it.

You have to realize that cable was roughly $6 shipped brand new. I'm not surprised PS Audio outperformed it but for the money they're hard to beat. I'm running 2 hospital grade cables in my system now, one on the TGP-III and one on my TGA-7200. My speakers are VERY sensitive (101db) and I have zero noise in my system. It literally sounds no different with the system on at idle and with everything unplugged, I have tried this. :-s :-s
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
Klipsch KW-120 (2)
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue May 22, 2012 2:25 pm

I'm not trying to knock anyone for upgrading cables. If you can afford to spend 50+ times more for each cable for admittedly minimal gains I say more power to you. :rolleyes:

Eric, if there's anyone who could benefit from upgraded power cables, I'd say that is you. You have the dedicated line already and numerous high power amplifiers to justify it. :D
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
Klipsch KW-120 (2)
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue May 22, 2012 3:14 pm

jjptkd, we are talking about the silence [or a blacker background] as the music plays. Not while unplugged or sitting at idle.

PreviousNext

Return to Carver Home (Audio)