FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:34 pm

[[[ PS AUDIO POWER CORD ROADSHOW ]]]

<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue May 22, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: [[[ PS AUDIO POWER CORD ROADSHOW ]]]

I guess I'll never know until I try one I guess. I had always assumed the latter but I'm still a newbie when it comes to the finer details. O:) Maybe I should sign up for the roadshow...
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
(2 Pairs) Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue May 22, 2012 4:21 pm

jjptkd wrote:I guess I'll never know until I try one I guess. I had always assumed the latter but I'm still a newbie when it comes to the finer details. O:) Maybe I should sign up for the roadshow...

Sign up and give it a shot. I have to say I hear the difference the most on power amps.
Last edited by Snoop65 on Wed May 23, 2012 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Wed May 23, 2012 8:55 am

jjptkd wrote:I'm not trying to knock anyone for upgrading cables. If you can afford to spend 50+ times more for each cable for admittedly minimal gains I say more power to you. :rolleyes:

Eric, if there's anyone who could benefit from upgraded power cables, I'd say that is you. You have the dedicated line already and numerous high power amplifiers to justify it. :D

It was fun to try out. I think you should give it a run....plus its free :lol: Otherwise I would recommend the $6 cable :lol:

I build race engines for a living and the last 10% of power cost 90%. I think audio is probably the same way so to speak when it comes to fine tuning with cables etc.
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0002
Bone Stock Lightstar
Vintage Hi-Fi modified Lightstar
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Thu May 24, 2012 8:33 am

Ive played with the Sunfire hooked to the subs and cant tell alot of difference between cables. This is where I thought the biggest difference would be.

Tom Im ready to ship and thanks for the opportunity, it was fun.
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0002
Bone Stock Lightstar
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu May 24, 2012 11:31 am

Glad you had some fun! =D> OK, jjptkd.....would you like to try them out?

If not, our brothers up in Canada get the next shot. Those up in Canada, if you would like to try this PC out, go ahead and speak now so that we can get the list started. First one to speak up is the first one in line [after jjptkd, if he wants to try it out].
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Thu May 24, 2012 11:38 am

Re:

treitz3 wrote:Glad you had some fun! =D> OK, jjptkd.....would you like to try them out?

If not, our brothers up in Canada get the next shot. Those up in Canada, if you would like to try this PC out, go ahead and speak now so that we can get the list started. First one to speak up is the first one in line [after jjptkd, if he wants to try it out].

Tom, where do I stand in line. Not trying to cut at all, just checking so I can know schedule wise when to expect to demo.

Thanks!
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu May 24, 2012 11:50 am

Well, slap my ass and call me Sally. Sorry there, bub. I was working off of memory. I just went back to the first post and sho'enough, you are next up in line. Please accept my apologies. It was completely unintentional.

I have already forwarded your shipping information to MHRP. Thanks for the reminder. :wink:
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Thu May 24, 2012 12:00 pm

Re:

treitz3 wrote:Well, slap my ass and call me Sally. Sorry there, bub. I was working off of memory. I just went back to the first post and sho'enough, you are next up in line. Please accept my apologies. It was completely unintentional.

I have already forwarded your shipping information to MHRP. Thanks for the reminder. :wink:

No worries Tom. I dont sweat the little things. Getting access to a free demo is cool enough for me. Got other much more important things to stress about.

Excited to get a chance to try this cable out. I know where I stand on if IC's or SC's matter. Looking forward to finding out if the same is true of PC's. That and it might just help my wife know what to get my for my upcoming birthday lol.....
"You were on my Ignore List, but you are too damn entertaining, like a circus monkey, so I took you off" - H9
"We shouldn't laugh at people like you, we should pray for them. You have my prayers for a speedy rehabilitation you sad, silly little man" - Jstas
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Thu May 24, 2012 6:33 pm

Shipped to EndersShadow USPS Priority Mail....should see it by Saturday or Monday. Enjoy!
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0002
Bone Stock Lightstar
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Thu May 24, 2012 7:02 pm

MRHP wrote:Shipped to EndersShadow USPS Priority Mail....should see it by Saturday or Monday. Enjoy!

Hehehe.... you mean Tuesday..... cause Monday is Memorial Day! YIPPEEE!!!!

That and I think its going to my work address \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Cant Wait!!!!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D>
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Thu May 24, 2012 8:47 pm

Oh yea...forgot about that. Being a small business owner its just another work day for me..LOL
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0002
Bone Stock Lightstar
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Sat May 26, 2012 10:10 am

EndersShadow wrote:
MRHP wrote:Where would one find better rca cables. Because mine are probably below radio shack standards. :lol:

For folks on a budget some VERY decent IC's are at MITCablesExpress.com. Look at the "Specials" and at the MIT EXp2's. Pretty decent IC at a VERY discounted price. They are discontinuing the EXp line.

A slight step up from something like SignalCable Analog 2 for a cheaper price.

Any tips on navagating that web site, I cant get anything to happen.
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0002
Bone Stock Lightstar
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Sat May 26, 2012 11:35 am

MRHP wrote:
EndersShadow wrote:
MRHP wrote:Where would one find better rca cables. Because mine are probably below radio shack standards. :lol:

For folks on a budget some VERY decent IC's are at MITCablesExpress.com. Look at the "Specials" and at the MIT EXp2's. Pretty decent IC at a VERY discounted price. They are discontinuing the EXp line.

A slight step up from something like SignalCable Analog 2 for a cheaper price.

Any tips on navagating that web site, I cant get anything to happen.

All they have left is the stuff here thats decently priced, otherwise it jumps up price wise a bunch: http://www.mitcablesexpress.com/index.p ... &Itemid=14
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Tue May 29, 2012 8:49 am

Cable came in today. Caught me off guard lol. Looking forward to playing with this with my Polk PSW125 and also on my Integra which is used ONLY as a pre.

Might give it a shot on my Plasma if it will work....
<<

EndersShadow

TFM-55

Post Thu May 31, 2012 5:07 pm

Thoughts:

So I only have had a couple days on it, but am ready to pass it along. By no means is this because its a horrible cable, its more of I simply dont have the best application for it.

Connecting it to my PSW125's plate amp did yield some better results, but not night and day. The lows were a bit more articulated and had better clarity. I wasnt expecting it to do a bunch for me with the plate amp but wanted to give it a go anyway. I don't have a IEC plug on my AV-705x and since its powering all my speakers, connecting it to my Integra wasnt something I did.

Hopefully when I send in my 705x for a checkup I can see if they will put an IEC plug on it at that time so I can roll powercords lol....

I do plan on getting one for the PSW125 at some point. A good recommendation I got was for Cullen Cable.

Hot tip from a speaker cable vendor at LSAF

Cullen cables---Patrick Cullen son of Rick Cullen (Wyred 4 Sound)

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/cullen-cable-6-foot-gold-series-power-cable-made-in-t--2

Tom, shoot me the next guys addy so I can get this out tomorrow along with a package to MHRP.
PreviousNext

Return to Carver Home (Audio)