FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:54 am

Miracles actually can happen

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:42 pm

Re: Miracles actually can happen

Yeah, I liked it too.. But it's too small.

The feet are going to have to be bigger than the ones originally designed.
Bob said to make it lean 20-degrees before it would tip over.

I honestly think it will be so hard to tip these over, due to the fact that they weight 120 lb each.
So not only do you have to push them over, you have to LIFT the full 120 pounds as you tip it...
The feet being bigger than the extrusion, you'll have to lift it off the ground on 2 feet as you tip it.

There will be a few tests run to see just how small I can make it, and still have it stable.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:10 am

Toy Maker wrote:Yeah, I liked it too.. But it's too small.

The feet are going to have to be bigger than the ones originally designed.
Bob said to make it lean 20-degrees before it would tip over.

I honestly think it will be so hard to tip these over, due to the fact that they weight 120 lb each.
So not only do you have to push them over, you have to LIFT the full 120 pounds as you tip it...
The feet being bigger than the extrusion, you'll have to lift it off the ground on 2 feet as you tip it.

There will be a few tests run to see just how small I can make it, and still have it stable.

OUCH - 120 pounds! Actually now that I think about it can you make feet with wheels??? :lol: Maybe they need a anti-gravity kinda thing like the speeders on Star Wars that can hover :rolleyes:

Safety will be a issue then and "I" do have a idea that would be cool but I would need to draw it and pm you it when done! :-k
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:16 am

most of the weight is the drivers.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:03 pm

I would say there is more weight with passengers then the drivers! LOL! Sorry Roy!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:54 am

they weight 120 lb each
...I assume the taller array design and not the single ribbon design with the spider feet? How tall on the array? Could you also do the smaller ones? Will monkeys fly out my ass??? :-s
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:34 pm

Any updates :-k
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:46 pm

At some point the Gorilla must enter the room.

What is the estimated cost of these bad boys ?
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:24 am

Don wrote:Any updates :-k

I am more wondering if there is a crossover at work yet! Active would be the way to go for me as I can build the speakers but I have a loooooong way to go on learning a crossover,,, ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:07 pm

OconeeOrange wrote:At some point the Gorilla must enter the room.

WTF does this half to do with my Father-in-Law??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:05 am

OconeeOrange wrote:At some point the Gorilla must enter the room.

What is the estimated cost of these bad boys ?

If I remember correctly, the target range was about $7k.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:10 am

Just an update...

The target range has increased since "things" happened. Also, the final plans have not been completed....nor has the tube x-over.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:18 am

Re: Just an update...

treitz3 wrote:The target range has increased since "things" happened. Also, the final plans have not been completed....nor has the tube x-over.

These are going to be worth there price,,,oh WTF did you say??? tube x-over? =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:02 am

Oh, that's not all.......

:-#

Yes, and there will also be a surprise in store for any owner that purchases them. A kind of off the hook surprise and completely awesome but you are not getting one word out of me until folks at Carverfest actually see them for the first time. Nope, don't try it....my lips [and keyboard] are sealed.

:-#
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

carlover

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:27 pm

Toy Maker wrote:After 3 long years... There IS a light at the end of the tunnel.
The ball is finally back in my court, and I can actually do some work again.

170 Ribbons and 275 woofers

Looks like we'll have some new speakers in time for CarverFest after all.
They may not be a final production set, but they will be "on display" a the very least.

DSC03188.JPG
well... congrats man... i think its really awesome having a job of your favorite...
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:48 am

Gentleman requesting observations....

I just spotted this over at another forum. Since I have not heard the final product since the unofficial debut at Carverfest, I thought I might give those who have actually heard it in all it's glory chime in and answer the question for this gentleman.

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthrea ... ine-Source

PreviousNext

Return to Introducing the NEW 2012 "ALS"