FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:32 am

Miracles actually can happen

<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Miracles actually can happen

as for as reliability, I don't think these speakers ribbons will have the same issues as the ribbons of older model carvers.
as to sound,
from my point of view, having owned all 4 types of carver ribbon speakers, and still do.
if you like a wall of sound, then these are for you,
I liked what I heard, there was no real bad spot that you could sit at and not have good sound,
these seemed to play most types of music very well.
I did not hear them with the final tube EQ/crossover

Tom, as I dont want to sign up, feel free to post this on that site.
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:25 pm

Re: Miracles actually can happen

Be careful with that link for what it is worth. Clicked on it and my Avast anti-virus software came up with this message:

Infection Details
URL: "http://www.flepstudio.org/od.php"
Process: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explore...
Infection: "HTML:Iframe-inf"

That is about the extent of my computer knowledge: a cut and paste of the message above.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:56 pm

The administrators have been notified. Thanks, Don. :wink:
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:30 am

Re: Gentleman requesting observations....

treitz3 wrote:I just spotted this over at another forum. Since I have not heard the final product since the unofficial debut at Carverfest, I thought I might give those who have actually heard it in all it's glory chime in and answer the question for this gentleman.

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthrea ... ine-Source

Don, the link provided above has been fixed. It seems the guy who owns the buysellwebsite has put it up for sale, and one of the metrics is how much traffic he is getting. Likely we are being spammed by this link as to raise the rankings for that site so that it artificially looks more popular: http://www.buysellwebsite.com/exchan...ed+Web+Website

Amir has removed the entire line code from the footer, so this buysellwebsite will no longer be getting credit for hacked and fictitious hits. They are also scheduling and update of the entire VBulletin to prevent this from happening again. Thanks for letting me know this, Don. Much appreciated. Here are the first two posts of that thread below;

Mobiusman -

For years I have been a fan of line source or quasi-line source speakers because of their imaging and their ability to function well in unusual spaces. Therefore, I am quite interested in the Carver Amazing Line Source speaker because while there is a lot of P.T. Barnum in Bob Carver, there is also a lot of talent and some formidable past achievements, plus some less than formidable ones.

Although the speaker was released last month, there is essentially nothing out there, nor are there any detailed comments about the sound from their official debut at Axpona show in April.

Does anyone know anything about the speaker and its sound, rather than just weighing in on the man behind it?

Russ The Mobiusman

treitz3 -

Hello, Mobiusman. While I have heard them, I heard them in an "un-final" stage. I have contacted some folks who have heard it at Bob's house. Very few members here [on this forum] have heard it and those that did may have observations that vary depending on what day they herd it on for the debut. It seems that some gear showed up late for the show and the room presented a challenge that took a while to get optimized. I wish I could offer more but at this point, my observations would be akin to evaluating the handling abilities of a Corvette on a track that has a layer of oil on it. That said, I can offer you a definitive answer in September. They will be at an audio event [Carverfest] held in the mountains of North Carolina September 7th-17th.

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Gentleman requesting observations....

treitz3 wrote:
Don, the link provided above has been fixed. It seems the guy who owns the buysellwebsite has put it up for sale, and one of the metrics is how much traffic he is getting. Likely we are being spammed by this link as to raise the rankings for that site so that it artificially looks more popular: http://www.buysellwebsite.com/exchan...ed+Web+Website

Amir has removed the entire line code from the footer, so this buysellwebsite will no longer be getting credit for hacked and fictitious hits. They are also scheduling and update of the entire VBulletin to prevent this from happening again. Thanks for letting me know this, Don. Much appreciated. Here are the first two posts of that thread below;

Tom,
No problem. Don't know anything about computers, but when the Avast alert popped up, I thought it was best to pass it on.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
Previous

Return to Introducing the NEW 2012 "ALS"