FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:29 am

Preamp choices for the tube amps

<<

stereo_buff

TFM-55

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:06 pm

Re: Preamp choices for the tube amps

Chauss, what model of Marantz receiver were you using previously?
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:44 pm

Snoop65 wrote:Chauss will have you selling your soul. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only in the persuit of audio nirvana! :D
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:45 pm

stereo_buff wrote:Chauss, what model of Marantz receiver were you using previously?

Wrong guy- I think you meant to direct this question toward Don.
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:38 am

John,

Have you considered building a tube pre amp that would match the sound quality level and appearance of your tube amps? Personally, I think that would be way cool.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:46 am

F1nut wrote:John,

Have you considered building a tube pre amp that would match the sound quality level and appearance of your tube amps? Personally, I think that would be way cool.

Already on the drawing boards... I am looking for a great schematic to start with, and am intrigued by a dual mono setup and an outboard phono, but that will be some time before I am able to begin work on it. Right now, they sound stunning with the SC37.
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!Sunfire Signature TGA 7401, Pioneer SC-37 Surround Receiver, Sunfire Classic Vacuum Tube Preamp with Phono Stage, Magnepan MG-20's(main) Polk Audio RM 7500's(surround) Polk Audio CSi-a6 (center) Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, Pioneer Elite PD-DJ9 SACD/CD Player, Sony BDPs-350 BLUray player, LG 42lg50 1080p HDTV, Klipsch Synergy SUB-10 powered subwoofer.[/size]
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:04 am

nooshinjohn wrote:
Already on the drawing boards... I am looking for a great schematic to start with, and am intrigued by a dual mono setup and an outboard phono, but that will be some time before I am able to begin work on it. Right now, they sound stunning with the SC37.

I should have known.

Not sure if you could get the schematics, but you could do a lot worse than modeling one after the Sonic Frontiers Line 3. Dual mono, fully balanced with a separate power supply. It's an excellent sounding pre amp and still highly sought after. Not sure off the top of my head if it has a phono stage.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
Previous

Return to Carver Tubes