FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:17 pm

New power cables for the TFM-75??

<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: New power cables for the TFM-75??

jjptkd wrote:My thought on cables etc has always been, if the Bob-father personally voices each of his "products" using shitty ass cheap cables then that's the only way you'll hear it as he intended it to sound. Remember the whole transfer function deal, cloning the sound of different amps etc using off the shelf cheap parts, wires etc? Either you like the sound that Bob puts out there or you don't and you either try and change the sound with wires etc or buy new equipment. :? :? :?

that is soooooo well said. ditto.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:22 pm

A friend of mine bought a 2013 GT500 Cobra Mustang (the one that goes 200+mph) we took it straight from the showroom floor to the dyno. After building a set of headers and a new H pipe, we picked up 50hp. We made an improvement on a near perfect car, it was fun, its the type of thing I like to do whether its a car or an amp.
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
A Lightstar or two
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
Dual CS5000 Turn Table
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:09 pm

MRHP wrote:A friend of mine bought a 2013 GT500 Cobra Mustang (the one that goes 200+mph) we took it straight from the showroom floor to the dyno. After building a set of headers and a new H pipe, we picked up 50hp. We made an improvement on a near perfect car, it was fun, its the type of thing I like to do whether its a car or an amp.

See Eric, you understand! :D =D> =D> =D>
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:01 am

MRHP wrote:we picked up 50hp. We made an improvement on a near perfect car, it was fun, its the type of thing I like to do whether its a car or an amp.

Apples n oranges in my book. I'm not sure you'd get any more power out of that amp by changing power cords, maybe a different sound. Improvement? That would be a matter of opinion. I understand the whole "tweaking" thing though, as long as you're having fun and you could always change it back if you don't like it.
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
(2 Pairs) Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:22 am

jjptkd wrote:
MRHP wrote:we picked up 50hp. We made an improvement on a near perfect car, it was fun, its the type of thing I like to do whether its a car or an amp.

Apples n oranges in my book. I'm not sure you'd get any more power out of that amp by changing power cords, maybe a different sound. Improvement? That would be a matter of opinion. I understand the whole "tweaking" thing though, as long as you're having fun and you could always change it back if you don't like it.

Having lots of fun jjptkd!!! I'm glad you understand us tweakers! :D It seems some folks really frown upon it. :(
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:29 am

Good aftermarket power cords lower the noise floor resulting in more information reaching your ears and because the noise floor is lower, it makes it seem as though your amp is a bit more powerful.

You have to try these things for yourself otherwise you simply don't know.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:50 am

As I have some Silver High Breed Power cables and IEC sockets, I was thinking about
adding them to my seperate power supplies on my Silver Sevens.

Opinion's please, would it change the resale value, not that think I will ever be selling them.

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

WhackJob

M-400t CUBE

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:23 am

Replacing 20+ year old oxidized, questionable insulation power cords on just about near anything sounds like a good idea to me.
If you are overly concerned with maintaining 'vintage value' then don't do it.
If you are more interested in improved performance and safety - go for it!

my 1.2 cents.
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:13 pm

WhackJob wrote:Replacing 20+ year old oxidized, questionable insulation power cords on just about near anything sounds like a good idea to me.
If you are overly concerned with maintaining 'vintage value' then don't do it.
If you are more interested in improved performance and safety - go for it!

my 1.2 cents.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:15 pm

If you can do it without destroying it or have it professionally done go for it. I have Silver High Breeds on my Lightstar and they improved the already excellent sound. :D
Previous

Return to Carver Home (Audio)